TTC after 35

TWW: Oct 17 - 23

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! 

If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!

Re: TWW: Oct 17 - 23

• Hopefully I'm not the only one in the tww this time, cause I'm going to be a Debbie downer! so here goes. 

I am 6 dpIUI/6DPO. This is the first month we are trying progesterone suppositories. So far no side effects, but I constantly feel like I've been sitting in olive oil.....yuck. 

Our OB told us to make an appt with the RE to start the IVF process, so I'm feeling much less positive about this IUI. I was pretty anti IVF when we started, but now I'm all for whatever gets us past this "trying" stage. I'm starting to feel like my whole life may run its course without my ever seeing a BFP in person. So yeah, not feeling great this cycle. Hahaha

to add to this, our close friends are on their second month of TTC and I know, statistically, it's only a matter of weeks before they will get their BFP. It's going to be really hard to deal with that especially since it would be so great to be pg at the same time. It's all making me want to rush into IVF and finally get this stressor off our relationship and move onto the happiness we deserve. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque - I should be in here but I'm still waiting for O.  I was sure it would be today but still negative on OPK and I've been temping with no CH yet.  I'm so confused and getting kinda stressed.  Not sure whats going on. I look at my chart and not sure what its telling me because this is my first month charting.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @PoeMasque that is quite the picture, sitting in olive oil, yuck! But thanks for making me laugh today. Who knows, maybe because you're not expecting it this time, this will be it? I know what you mean regarding IVF. We say we don't want to go there, but as I went to RE this morning for blood work and ultrasound to check follicles, we have started the path and we may end up there as well. I say, thank God that's an option if we need it. By the way, let all your Debbie Downer out- if not here with those of us who get how hard this is, then where? Sending you a creepy internet hug, LOL.
  • @vlagrl29 hang in there! I've had some random months where I didn't get a positive OPK till 16dpo. Until the last 5 mos I was anywhere from 25 to 32 day cycles. I'm thinking job stress was really playing with my cycle. 

@Momifbysea thanks for the good vibes, I wish I had your optimism about this cycle! I'm sorry to hear about CD1 for you :( but I'm really happy things are moving quickly with the RE! If this cycle isn't it for us I think I'm going to just push for IVF while I'm still in the under 40 group. I know it can take up to 4 mos to actually do a cycle of IVF anyway and that will put me a month away from being 37. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque thanks!  We'll see what happens in the next couple days.  I don't really have any stress but this TTC thing.  I practiced yoga for 2 hours today and it helped me get in a better frame of mind.  Luckily since I haven't been on AF we've BD'd EOD or every 2 days.  Just keep on.  DH was too tired to bd last night so I'm hoping tonight.
  • @vlagrl29 Last cycle I O'd on CD 31.  Just keep HIO.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 last night he was too tired as well and between that and confused about when O is happening I got upset. I did notice watery CM today so that gave me hope. If you O Late does that make for a lesser chance of pregnancy because of a shorter LP?
  • @vlagrl29 It is upsetting when your cycle is confusing and then your stressed and that makes sex less fun so its a vicious cycle.  My advice would be to focus on HIO EOD or 3rd day so you don't miss O and wait patiently for your temp to spike or a + OPK.  

My LP wasn't short when I O'd late.  AF came 14 days later.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 - well I got my positive OPK this morning :)  I thought maybe I wouldn't O this month.  Guess that watery CM yesterday meant something.  I told DH this morning.  Hopefully he is up for BD tonight.
  • He was too tired to BD last night.  My temp dropped today so I think today I may actually be ovulating.  I'm canceling my hair cut this morning so DH and I can BD before he has to work from 2-9 tonight.
  • @vlagrl29 sounds like a plan! FX for you!