October 2016 Moms
Options

Labor and All of it's Glory

Re: Labor and All of it's Glory

• Options
    the ONE day this week that I'm actually busy and there's stuff going on here! Keep us posted as you're able @MRSCORKER!!!
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER fingers crossed!!!

Thanks for everyone's reassurance for the induction. I did decide to cancel Sunday's induction (it was considered elective for me at 41w0d) and will go to my appointment on Monday (will get a non stress test and biophysical profile) and hopefully now scheduled for Wednesday induction if nothing by then (they were full for Tuesday). Makes me feel better that ACOG (american college of obstetrics/gynecology) also says that expectant management (just waiting and watching) is fine ("induction can be considered") for a late term pregnancy (41w0d - 41w6d) and they recommend inducing at a true post-term pregnancy (42w0d). Because DH and I did temping when were TTGP, I know exactly when I ovulated, day 15, so only off by a day anyway. Here's the link if anyone's curious:

https://contemporaryobgyn.modernmedicine.com/contemporary-obgyn/news/acog-guidelines-management-late-term-and-postterm-pregnancies?page=full

WORF: I did not come here to admire the scenery. 
    DAX: If you say so. I guess we should just go home. 
    WORF: Well maybe. I would not be so hasty. 
    DAX: I take it the scenery has improved? 
    WORF: A few months ago, when I was commanding the Defiant on a scouting mission in the Gamma Quadrant, we encountered a protostar cluster, a swirling mass of colour set against a background of glowing clouds and burning sky. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now. 
    DAX: I've got to take you on vacation more often. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @waitingforbabies If it makes you feel better, I went past 41 weeks with my first. I postponed induction as long as I could... I had a Dr. appointment at 41w1d. I had my Dr. strip my membranes at that same appointment. DH and I went to lunch right after my appointment and I started having contractions. Once I got home, my water broke and labor was in full force, just about an hour or so after my membranes were stripped. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    cd92007 said:
    @waitingforbabies If it makes you feel better, I went past 41 weeks with my first. I postponed induction as long as I could... I had a Dr. appointment at 41w1d. I had my Dr. strip my membranes at that same appointment. DH and I went to lunch right after my appointment and I started having contractions. Once I got home, my water broke and labor was in full force, just about an hour or so after my membranes were stripped. 
    and some doctors said that membrane sweep used for induction is crap :) I choose to believe stories like this instead :D 
  • Options
    It was not amniotic fluid, still 1 cm dilated. We're gonna head home and hope for some progress over the weekend. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @MRSCORKER... did they say what they thought was going on?
  • Options
    bnsmith85 said:
    cd92007 said:
    and some doctors said that membrane sweep used for induction is crap :) I choose to believe stories like this instead :D 
    @bnsmith85 I was surprised when I saw how many people wrote that their doctors said it didn't do anything, because it literally started my labor almost IMMEDIATELY (Dr. appointment was 11 am, we went to lunch at 12.. right after they did it). And I didn't have a single contraction before they did it even during my stress test. I feel like it's definitely worth trying! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bnsmith85 @cd92007 I bet the membrane sweep is a lot like any of the other induction methods and your body has to be pretty ready for labor. It seems to be just the trick for a lot of women!
  • Options
    bnsmith85 said:
    She said probably just my "bloody show". Who knows... pretty bummed and back to freaking out that I'll go overdue. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    Aw I'm sorry @MRSCORKER fingers crossed for baby to arrive soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER Boo sorry it wasn't baby time quite yet. Welcome to the cool overdue club?  :)
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER Boo sorry it wasn't baby time quite yet. Welcome to the cool overdue club?  :)
    I'll be joining on Thursday. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    MRSCORKER said:
    bnsmith85 said:
    She said probably just my "bloody show". Who knows... pretty bummed and back to freaking out that I'll go overdue. 
    At least there will be no birthday sharing! Hope he decides tomorrow is a good day. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry love... I know that's super disappointing. I'd feel the same in your shoes. @MRSCORKER
  • Options
    Sorry @MRSCORKER- at least you know now. 
  • Options
    Yea I'm in the past due and grouchy club. My due date was weds and my doc says you're not technically over due til 8 days after your EDD. Anyways, if one more person texts me to ask "where's baby?" I'm gonna snap. Baby is obviously still in my belly!!!! Hoping the full moon (12:23am Sunday) will get things going 
  • Options
    @kmyers228 I'm hoping for the same full moon magic! 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    MRSCORKER said:
    Oh, and a crazy lady accosted H and I Babies R Us the other day. She was really excited about Jesus and wanted us to be too. She kept trying to touch my belly and wanted our names and the baby's name so she could pray for us. Then she told me he'll come when God wants him to and that her friend was "1 month overdue"... sorry but no. She also told me she didn't believe in induction because it wasn't "God's way" and then handed us Jesus pamphlets. I swear... I attract the crazies. 
    WTF. I would have gone completely nuclear. Hopefully Jesus would have shielded her ears from a torrent of expletives.  
    I rolled my eyes and left the Jesus pamphlets on a shelf. Telling her I'm not religious only made her talk more. I have nothing against religion, you do you Jesus lady, just leave people alone!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @aesthyerin Congratulations!

@MRSCORKER My fluid was leaking, and when they checked me with the strip it didn't turn because it had already dried/been wiped off. They told me it wasn't fluid, but I KNEW it was. They send me home. I had an NST the next week, and guess whose fluid was low and had a pinhole leak? 
    OB did a membrane sweep and scheduled induction for the following morning if the sweep didn't get things going. 
    Do you have an NST scheduled? If not I'd request one because that REALLY sounds like a fluid leak.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I do not have an NST scheduled. My doc has never mentioned one to me. Should I ask for one at my appointment on Tuesday? I'm going on a looonnnggg walk today. I'm hoping that if my water is near to breaking, that will help!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @AllyTheKid thanks! If I don't have a baby by Tuesday, I'll ask for one! 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    My doc emphasized too that once you get to 40 weeks or close to it, that you want to be drinking ALOT of water to keep the fluid levels okay. I've been chugging away and peeing tons but whatever I gotta do at this point. 
  • Options
    Did contractions give anyone else gas?

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @MRSCORKER... you must have a nice looking expression, just naturally. You really do attract all the crazies!
    And I'm not sure that the contractions are giving me gas, but mine has been bad the past couple of days.... so have my BH though. Maybe it's related
  • Options
    bnsmith85 said:
    @MRSCORKER... you must have a nice looking expression, just naturally. You really do attract all the crazies!
    And I'm not sure that the contractions are giving me gas, but mine has been bad the past couple of days.... so have my BH though. Maybe it's related
    I really need to work on my resting bitch face! 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    bnsmith85 said:
    @MRSCORKER ... next time I'm in your area, we'll make a lunch date or something and I'll help you with that. I've had only one person reach out for my belly. She got close, hovered for a second, and then retracted. Bahahaha... she could obviously sense the "nope nope nope" my soul was screaming  :D
    Done and done. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @MRSCORKER I think my RBF has saved me from all the creepers. Nobody ever approaches me randomly! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    During pregnancy is the time I most enjoy the fact that my natural expression and typical attire selection make me appear unapproachable and vaguely threatening haha
  • Options
    Congratulations @brzvice!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations @brzvice !!!