Pregnant after IF

Randoms - Week of October 10th

2»

Re: Randoms - Week of October 10th

• Random weird annoyance: I don't know why, but it annoys me when you tell people your due date and they make a comment. i.e. "I'm due January 27th" "Oh! You should have him on the 25th, that's MY birthday/anniversary/etc." It's like, umm, I don't really have any control over when he decides to show. I'm probably being too sensitive, but it's just one of those comments that seems a little silly for people to say. Like seeing a moving truck in front of someone's house and saying "oh, are you moving?" 
    Whenever I see your siggy I silently think to myself about how you are due close to my birthday (1/25) but I don't say anything because yeah, it doesn't matter :lol:
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • I never mind @tulips29
    My belly soon didn't belong to me. 
    My family, friends and co-workers touch it. Some ask, some just go for it. 
    All of them know my struggle as I'm an open book and they are just so excited for me.
    Have had some strangers too, older ladies. Only one didn't ask and she apologised right when she touched my belly. She said she got drawn to it and had to give it some magic. :)

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @tvh1982 I don't mind if they give me some magic too, but I'd at least prefer they ask (especially if they aren't close to me) :smile:

***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @dragonfaerie - sorry about your sis! I agree with @Tulips29 about every time I hear something ridiculous it just makes me that much more aware of how I would respond in that situation. I had a few comments this last weekend at my shower from older ladies who have no filter and I just had to smile and nod. 

I've never had an issue with boundaries. I'm a hugger with just about everyone I know but for some reason, since I've been pregnant I am much more into my own personal space. I haven't really had anyone I don't know try yet. With people I know and am comfortable with, I'm totally fine if they touch my belly. The more I see how my inlaws are around my new niece, the more I'm a little stand offish bc there's not a chance, I'm going to let them do some of that stuff around my little guy. There are pretty much no boundaries and I am NOT comfortable with that at all. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @wifeinraleigh28 DH and I have speculated a little bit that if Wee Boy is just a little late, then we could have fun with our birthdays as I am 2/13 and DH is 2/20. I don't mind when people say like "oh, January, that's when all the BEST people are born" or w/e because it's just a general statement, but it's the very specific "you should have him on this day" that kinda gets me. Ah well, just one of those silly prego lady things I guess! :)
    @Tulips29 Knock on wood, I haven't had any strangers touch my belly yet and all of my friends and family are really good about asking to touch first. I'm pretty open with my boundaries as well @Griffin5413 but I don't like the idea of randoms coming up. I'm so excited to be pregnant, that if a stranger did ask I'd say yes, but the unsolicited touching would probably get to me. One of the women that I work with at the Ren Fest (everybody calls her Faire Mom) is SO excited for us that every time she sees me she goes "Can I touch Wee?" and then rubs my belly for a minute or two. It just cracks me up. 
    We're all different about what we like, expect, and are okay with, and that's okay! I actually read that the best way to get a random to stop touching your belly without permission is to reach out and touch theirs when they do it to you. I'm not sure I'd go that far, but I guess we'll have to see. :)

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Unfortunately, the touching doesn't end once you give birth. When DS was a newborn, so many people (especially older people) would say "Oh, he's so cute!" and would touch his hands or face when we were out in public at the grocery store or the park, etc. This annoyed me to NO END. Do they not realize that newborns don't have strong immune systems and that they don't need strangers touching their hands and faces?? Let alone the creepiness factor.
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • I did not have any stranger touch my belly except this cutest little girl in the cafe, I think she was around 3. She was running and suddenly realized my belly and touched it. It was super cute :)
    I think I`d rather they touch my belly than touching my baby on the street for sure. That would be super annoying.

• I haven't had anyone touch my belly that I didn't know and I def don't want strangers touching me. I'm also not allowing some old lady or anyone touch my babies just because their twins does not make them an attraction or some type of circus thing if anyone tries to touch my babies they better be prepared for the crazy mom to come out. 
  • Anyone else have trouble sleeping at night then get a glorious 3+hour nap during the day? That is me today. I feel like I got around 5-6 hours of sleep last night, and it made me cranky, but DH is away at work, snuggle cat was being good and snuggling nicely, and the weather outside is perfect for leaving the door open and being under a fuzzy blanket. Ah, wonderful. Now if only I could figure out how to quiet my mind so I could sleep at night!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• The first person who touches my belly's gonna get punched.  Or at least yelled at.  I'd be more comfortable having someone grab a boob or my butt.  I'm not a big hugger, and I've always been very uncomfortable having my abdomen touched (self conscious about a less than firm set of abs).

My family is quite aware.  Once it is massive, I'll be OK with some belly touching by family, but you'd better ask me and not just reach out and grab! 
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • @AandDM2014 I'm having a hard time sleeping through the night too. I'm usually a back sleeper but now I'm trying to sleep on my left side because they say it is best for baby. The struggle is real. Thank God for naps!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • I was at a wake on Thursday so it was the first time my extended family saw me since announcing were expecting. When my cousin, who's 25, said goodbye to me she rubbed my belly and I just laughed. I told her you just rubbed my fat because baby is still a little low at 14 weeks.