January 2016 Moms
Options

Weird Question

First time mom here.. My daughter is 9 months old and has developed a weird new habbit that I am not sure if I should be concerned about or if it is normal.. For a lack of better terms she humps things.. She will be playing with her toys and hump them or the floor, and when she is going to sleep she does the same thrusting motion.. I mean she is a baby I know there is nothing sexual to it, and it doesn't bother me.. Just wonder if this is something normal or if I should be concerned. Thanks in advance! 

Re: Weird Question

• Options
    My daughter will do her "butt bops" up and down. I think she is practicing lifting herself onto her knees and just getting a feel for what those muscles/joints do. Definitely normal!
  • Options
    Thank you! I hope she grows out of it I feel like that's all she does! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When my daughter first started to crawl she would get on all fours and go back and forth on her hands and knees in a rocking motion she grew out of it shes 9 months old but walks now so it only lasted maybe a month. Not sure if that's helpful.
  • Options
    Well she is way past learning to crawl she is pulling herself up to stuff.. and my little one did that motion when learning to crawl.. but this is legitimate pelvic thrusts. 
  • Options
    DS likes to pole dance.  He'll pull himself up on a post or something and start gyrating against it.  I think it's all just a part of getting their balance.  I hope, haha
  • Options
    Mine does it on her back. She does it mainly to keep herself awake at bedtime.

• Options
    It's all about balance and muscle control and development. Not anything to worry about.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    It sounds like it's related to muscles like previous posters have stated but I just wanted to say even if she were doing it in a sexual sense I would still consider that a normal phase! Babies go through all kinds of phases of development and are figuring out and discovering tons of things. I don't think you have anything to worry about at all :) 
  • Options
    Thank you! That makes sense and makes me feel much better!