April 2016 Moms

If your baby is having sleep problems

then I highly recommend these sleep sacks by Carter's. (No, I'm not getting paid for this, haha!)

OK, I'm here to share why I like these so much. At bed time, I usually put the baby in a clean onesie, stick her in the sleep sack, and she goes to sleep. Well, a few nights ago, I had been lazy and didn't do laundry, so I didn't have any clean sleep sacks to put her in. No big deal. Instead, I put the baby in normal, footed, zip up pajamas.

Holy hell, she was not having it!! She wouldn't go to bed, no matter what we did. She was crying and fussing, and she wouldn't even fall asleep in her swing. It was a night from hell, really. I finally changed her into a onesie, swaddled her tightly in an old fuzzy swaddle pod, and after some serious rocking and shushing, she finally passed out. At 2:45am. Fml.

After I did laundry, and put her back in her sleep sack at night, she's been sleeping like an angel again.

I realize now this whole refusing-to-go-to-sleep-while-wearing-pajamas thing has happened before, only at the time I didn't know it was because of the pajamas. I just assumed she was grumpy, fussy, teething, or over tired. But every time she put up a major fight at bed time, she was wearing pajamas. :s

So if your little one is fighting bed time, maybe consider putting them in just a onesie (or try pjs without the feet), and if you're worried about them getting cold, get a couple sleep sacks. I think they're $8 at target, and Carter's is always having a sale.

I can't vouch for other brands, because these are all we've tried. We now have 5 sleep sacks. We won't be running out of clean ones again!

https://www.carters.com/carters-baby-girl-one-piece-sleep-bags-and-gowns/V_118G694.html?cgid=carters-baby-girl-one-piece-sleep-bags-and-gowns&dwvar_V__118G694_color=Color&dwvar_V__118G694_size=OS9

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: If your baby is having sleep problems

• We transitioned out of the magic sleepsuit to the grobag sleepsack without any issues. He needs a 2.5-3.5tog one because his room gets the brunt of the wind and has 120 year old windows + no insulation. It gets cold in there! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD sleeps in these, they are great--especially for changing diapers and not having to fight getting the feet back in correctly.  Question-- have you found any bigger than 9 months?  We are outgrowing ours over here....
  • DD sleeps in these, they are great--especially for changing diapers and not having to fight getting the feet back in correctly.  Question-- have you found any bigger than 9 months?  We are outgrowing ours over here....
    Same! We love these too, but DS is almost out of them. I can't find a larger size anywhere! 
  • @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt no, not yet. I'm on the look out though. I dread the day she doesn't fit into these sacks anymore. Maybe she'll like pajamas by then   :p

Pregnancy Ticker

• Do you think these would help with transition from rnp to crib? Sadly, DD is still in the rnp. I have tried everything I can think of. She absolutely won't sleep in the crib
  • They might help. My baby likes to be swaddled still, but she can roll over now. I've read it's not safe to swaddle if they can roll.

Anyway, I think the reason she likes the sacks is because the bottom is like a swaddle - it makes her feel cozy and snug. I think that could help with transitioning to a crib. Your baby will still feel safe and snug, know what I mean?

Pregnancy Ticker

• Yeah, I've looked for the larger sizes but it seems they don't make them past 9 months. :( 
  • For those looking for sleep sacks that fit past 9 months, look out for halo sleep sacks. They go up to 24 months. We just put dd in a long sleeve onesie to keep her arms warm since halo sacks are armless. https://www.halosleep.com/size-chart
  • Ditto to Halo. You can also look up "wearable blanket" on Etsy and there are similar with a pretty big size range, sleeveless and long sleeve variations.
  • Babies r us has halo sleep sacks for buy one get 50% off on another 
  • Do they have them in my size...
  • @mb0112 I believe those are called Snuggies  :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• mb0112 said:
    Do they have them in my size...
    I've made a few sleepsacks and
    DH half jokingly asked for one for Christmas a few years back.
  • Aren't these too hot if you have the heat on? 
  • marwaaiad said:
    Aren't these too hot if you have the heat on? 
    Not when you live in a historic house in blustery Michigan, and the nursery is on the wind receiving side of the house. It gets into the lower 60s/upper 50s in there in the winter, even with the heat at 73. 
  • We live in AZ and my freak DH likes to keep the house 80+. At night though, I put my foot down. Im
    from New England, and I need it to be colder at night. It's what I'm used to. 

So, anyway, our baby has been ok in this sleep sack from 75-84 degrees. She only wears a short sleeve onesie underneath. Not pajamas, obviously haha!

On cooler nights, I would check to make sure she wasn't freezing. If I thought she was chilly, I'd put a crocheted baby blanket on her lower half and that kept her warm. 

On warm nights, I'd make sure she wasn't sweating. If she was, or just felt too warm, I'd unzip the sleep sack. 

Usually though, she seems just fine. Not too hot or too cold. 

Pregnancy Ticker