TTC after 35

October check in!

Tell us: 

your first name (or your screen name, if you prefer) 

where you're from 

TTC#?

how many months/cycles you've been TTC

where you are at in your cycle

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related.

GTKY question: Do you dress up for Halloween? If so what will you be this year? 
Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: October check in!

• I'm Karla from Kansas City.  We are TTC #2 and currently on month 5.  I'm currently on CD 8.  Currently I feel pretty positive.  I just started temping on CD 1 of this cycle.  I will start OPKs on CD 11.  I suspect I will O on CD 15 or 16.  DH and I are spicing it up in the BD department so it's not always the same thing every time.  I'm not feeling stressed about having to BD on certain days.  I just feel like it will happen when it happens at this point.

I don't dress up for halloween.  DD is going to dress up as Ariel from Little Mermaid complete with red wig.  Halloween pretty much revolves around her these days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm wvrn1216 from West Virginia.  I just joined the group a few days ago.  We are TTC #2 , and I just had my Mirena removed a few weeks ago.  Currently taking pnv.  Will start monitoring cm and may start temping after AF arrives.  I don't dress up for Halloween.  Not planning on trick or treating, DS is 2, but I'll probably dress him up for fun and pictutes. Just haven't figured out as what.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Momifbysea from Iowa here...we started TTC #2 last November and I joined this group in the spring, then took a break over the summer, and this is cycle 2 since returning. I'm CD 24 and feeling hopeful this is it but no symptoms or anything. Just feeling more peace that it will happen in due time and trying not to stress over it. As far as Halloween, I'm not going to dress up since it's all about DD who's 2 right now but she will be a monarch butterfly and is super excited!
  • I'm Jenn from PA. I'm on CD 2.  We took a break from TTC this past month and it was much needed. It was nice to just live life and not worry what day of the cycle it was.  We switched RE'S so we can try IUI...had to switch for insurance purposes. They did another SA on H and his numbers were good again. I had blood work and ultrasound today and we are all clear to do an IUI this cycle. I'll start clomid tomorrow. I have a job interview for a possible promotion at work around the same time we do the IUI. I didnt want the stress but oh well, I don't feel I can pass this opportunity up since my managers recommended me.  

No costumes for me, but I do love handing out candy and seeing the costumes.

Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Jeni from Oregon

TTC #1 since November last year

CD12 here and should get a positive OPK tomorrow. 

We did our our first IUI last cycle, I had "that feeling" but AF showed up right on time anyway. I talked with my OB who put me on progesterone suppositories this cycle and also ran my CD3 FSH which came back at 7, so we still have no idea why I'm not getting KU. 

No IUI this cycle as we will be out of town. 

I started a new job, in town, so no more driving 80mins to and from work and no more 12-14hoir shifts! Woot! Only downside is it will be hard for me to get out of work for the IUIs....boo. 

I always dress up! Halloween is the best holiday ever! At the office I am dressing up as Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter and for our Halloween party my SO and I are going to be Burt Macklin and Janet Snakehole from Parks and Rec. :)
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Laura from Boston

TTC #1

This is our 6th cycle/ month TTC

TWW

BFN this morning (10 dpo).  I know its early but I thought I had a good feeling about this cycle.  Next cycle we will do another round of clomid and trigger + iui.  I am in Vegas for work what I anticipate will be CD 8 - 12 getting home the morning of CD 13 so I am all sorts of freaked out about timing next cycle.  

GTKY question: Do you dress up for Halloween? If so what will you be this year? H loves Halloween but I don't know if I'm dressing up this year.  I'm just not feeling it.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• jennh75bjennh75b member
    edited October 2016
    @Momifbysea  - that costume sounds so adorable!!!

@PoeMasque - congrats on your new job!!!...sounds like a lot of positive changes for you.  Sorry it may get in the way of the IUI process.  I worry about that aspect, too, if I were to get this promotion.   Hopefully you will work it out!!!

@laurad75 - don't count yourself out just yet!  I'm sorry you got a BFN.  Hopefully you will get the timing right with your travels.  

@vlagrl29 - wishing you success in spicing up the BD...always a fun challenge!

@wvrn1216 - welcome and good luck to you!!!

Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • wvrn1216wvrn1216 member
    edited October 2016
    @laurad75 sorry for the bfn, fx that it's just too early.
  • @laurad75  doesn't poor timing just piss you off cause you have no control over it?  Last month DH was out of town the weekend I got a positive OPK test plus the day he came back he was too exhausted to BD.  I feel our timing should be much better this month.  He's still working hard on finishing his studio.  Last night he didn't get much sleep and is tired today and I'm already thinking "dang it" he may not be in the mood tonight - granted it's not my fertile time yet but still.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel for us though.  My slow season starts November and his building is literally almost complete so we should both have more energy going into the winter season.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hi there my name is Keenya and i'm 38
    I'm From: Denver, CO
    TTC#2
    We've been living by the whatever happens happens motto since our son was born 5 years ago. Had a miscarriage about 10 months ago and we are now ready to really try.

My job has a Halloween contest every year and so i dress up for that.

Glad to be a part of the group.
  • @lovesisson welcome to the group.  I'm also new here and trying for #2.
  • @lovesisson welcome and I wish you all the best! I conceived #1 when I was your age. FX for you!