Baby Names
Options

Need Help...

My hubs and I have been mulling over names for quite a while now and we've finally managed to settle on a few that we were both fond of. So i just wanted to ask the opinion of the group.

The names we settled on are:

For a Boy
Ridgeway Benjamin or Ridgeway Brice (would be R.B or Ridge for short),James Michael, or Franklin James

For a  Girl
Charlotte Reed, Elizabeth Virginia (Bess) or Georgia Katherine (Georgia-Kate)

Opinions would be appreciated :) 

Re: Need Help...

• Options
    No to Ridgeway.  I don't find it appealing in the least.

Love James Michael and Franklin James!

Georgia Katherine and Elizabeth Virginia are my favorites.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    SmrBrd2012SmrBrd2012 member
    edited October 2016
    I think your girl names are lovely. If I had to choose, I would probably avoid Elizabeth Virginia - it's a bit of a mouthful. Reed is masculine to me so I vote Georgia Katherine.

I really dislike Ridgeway. It just isn't a proper name to me and it's kind of awkward. Brice/Bryce is not my style. James Michael is nice, or any of those names other than Ridgeway with Benjamin are nice too (except Benjamin Franklin :) ).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ridgeway is pretty bad. Franklin James is pretty great though.

Elizabeth Virginia is my favorite of your girl names, largely because Bess is an adorable ando not overdone nickname 
  • Options
    Franklin James and Elizabeth Virginia (or Virginia Elizabeth)
    Ridgeway is pretty bad
  • Options
    I looooove Franklin for a boy - I think that is a great choice! 

I like Charlotte Reed or Charlotte Elizabeth (to do a mashup of yours). 
  • Options
    Ridgeway is pretty bad. Franklin James is pretty great though.

Elizabeth Virginia is my favorite of your girl names, largely because Bess is an adorable ando not overdone nickname 
    100% agree. 
  • Options
    Franklin James is awesome. Ridgeway is really bad I'm sorry. It's a town in a few states and a surname but it's really awkward as a first name and doesn't present well. 

Girl names are all nice. I don't like Reed but it's a middle name so whatever.  

• Options
    Franklin James or James Michael are both nice. I like Elizabeth Virginia the most out of your girl options but all are nice. Throw Ridgeway into a box and bury it. 
  • Options
    James Michael and Georgia Kate are my faves. All are nice except Ridgeway.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    Please not Ridgeway. Please. 

Everything else is good. I like Charlotte Reed and Franklin James
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ridgeway sounds like a brand of camping gear or hiking boots.  It's just very strange.  I really like all of your girl names and the rest of your boy names.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My hubs and I have been mulling over names for quite a while now and we've finally managed to settle on a few that we were both fond of. So i just wanted to ask the opinion of the group.

The names we settled on are:

For a Boy
    Ridgeway Benjamin or Ridgeway Brice (would be R.B or Ridge for short),James Michael, or Franklin James

For a  Girl
    Charlotte Reed, Elizabeth Virginia (Bess) or Georgia Katherine (Georgia-Kate)

Opinions would be appreciated :) 
    @LegallyFab9114

The ones in bold are the ones I like. Ridgeway does NOT sound like a good name at all
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Ridgeway sounds really pretentious unless you have an excellent reason for using it, i.e., it's a family name.  The nn Ridge is just bad, IMO.

James Michael is sort of boring, but solid.  Franklin James is okay.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    Ridgeaway is awful. The other two boy names are very nice.

For the girls, the Charlotte and Elizabeth combos are both pretty. I'm not a fan of Georgia myself.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker