TTC after 35

TWW: Oct 10 - 16

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! 

If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!

Re: TWW: Oct 10 - 16

• I'm 11DPO and chilling out trying to stay busy with other things this week. So far so good. I have a good feeling about this cycle, a strange calm, but hey, the mind is POWERFUL, isn't it? I'm doing prenatals, exercising more, OPK, and have first RE appt this Thursday which I'm excited about for feeling there's more we can be doing/having a plan. Timing was good: -3, -1, 0, +1. Like I said before, I won't test until I'm late but wondering if they might test at Thursday's appt.
  • Hope this is your cycle @Momifbysea - you had good timing ;)  I feel at peace as well.  I'm only CD 8 but temping I think will be good for me.  Apparently if you are pregnant  your temps stay high and don't dip much so I think if I see that either way it won't be such of a mind f*** for me.  I'm just not feeling as stress this month so far.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have posted almost this is exact thing in like 3 different places today but after mobile bumping for several days I want to catch up.  

I'm 10 dpo and got a bfn this morning.  No surprise and I know its early.  I am going to try and not test again until my RE required blood work on Saturday morning but I probably will.  I have a very 'whatever' attitude right now that is probably a defense mechanism.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @Momifbysea hoping that this is the one.
  • Fx for you @Momifbysea !!
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wvrn1216 and @poemasque thanks for your support! 14DPO here and very light spotting last night and this morning - no red just a tiny light brown. I feel kinda crampy not gonna lie. Don't count me out quite yet but last month AF hit me 17DPO,  so...

First RE appt this afternoon, woohoo! DH is coming with me for the consult, he seems onboard so far. He mentioned as he left this morning that he knows this appt is really important so I'm feeling positive.
  • good luck at your appt. @Momifbysea  Hope it all goes well and you guys have a plan.  I also hope AF stays away for you.
  • @Momifbysea keep us posted on the RE appt! We will be making one too when we get back from vacation :) 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well the RE appt went great and we really like him! I'm to call the day I start my period to come in for blood work but said hopefully you call to say you don't need my services since I could be pregnant right now. DH will do SA and has been given kit but we shall see if this weekend bears any news, otherwise we will do the DA and I'll get in for the blood work. It feels good to have a plan. He did say it was positive that I got KU at 38. And that my great grandmother in 1888 conceived at 44. But also said only 10 percent of women my age even have the possibility which is a bit sobering. All in all he was very positive though. 
  • That's great @Momifbysea  I hope you don't need his services either.  How old are you if you mind me asking?  I just heard on the news today that Janet Jackson is pregnant with her first baby at age 50 - anything is possible.
  • @vlagrl29 that's funny you mention Janet Jackson bc our RE brought her up too during our consult. He laughed and named a bunch of Hollywood people and said, um yeah, they're all donor eggs. To answer ur question, I turned 42 last month. However, I just heard Tori Spelling, who turned 43 in May, is pregnant and her story at least is that they were totally surprised, it wasn't planned. Not impossible but as he made sure to tell me, not common either.
  • donor eggs - I didn't know that @Momifbysea - I still think its very possible at your age.  You were able to get pregnant once so you should be able to again.  This time it may just take a bit longer.  That's the case with me too unfortunately.  I still think it may be due to the stress DH is under with finishing his project which is why I was at his place 4 days in the last 2 weeks helping him.  The faster its done the sooner our life gets back to normal and he is more energized again.  Hoping the maca works for his swimmers lol.
  • @Momifbysea I'm really glad your appt went well.  I felt the same way after meeting with my RE - happy to have a plan but a little nervous about the numbers.  FX for you this cycle!

An OB I saw before getting sent to the RE said the same thing about the 40+ celebrities that get pregnant.  A lot of them are donor eggs.  She was super negative and I don't plan to go back to her but it was probably important for me to hear the facts.  

History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @Momifbysea love your positivity.  Keep it coming.  Best of luck to you!!
  • Okayyyyy...did I mention I was going to just chill out this week? So, yeah, trying but could the clock tick any SLOWER?!?!? 15DPO here but last month I got a bad gift on 17. Staying strong, mostly because on a student budget I can't afford to waste $ on a test, lol!!!
  • Omg, this is why I'm glad I have the cheap wondfos that came with my OPK strips! Hang in there! 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You can get cheapie tests at dollar tree and they work just as well. I'm sure it's an agonizing wait. Has your spotting gotten worse. Mine does as AF gets closer. I hate it. @Momifbysea
  • MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited October 2016
    If I'm to be honest with myself it's probably more that I like to hang on to hope than have the bfn stare me in the face. It's like peeking at your test score or grade in a course. I have a hard time with it. I feel crampy still but maybe I'll test tomorrow morning.
  • I think I might have a UTI which I haven't had since I was a kid.  I woke up at 2am with the urge to pee and it smelled so bad to me that I started gagging.  It kinda hurt too towards the end.  I'm going to load up on water today I guess and hope it doesn't get worse.
    edited October 2016
    Well, 17DPO and BFN just now. Surely AF will come today. I feel like it is. Blah, just blah.
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited October 2016
    sorry @Momifbysea that really sucks.  I was thinking about you this morning.  At least you will have a plan with your RE.  As for my UTI.  I'm going to go to the express clinic today and get some antibiotics.  seems its most irritated in the morning and I most likely got it from sex.  Looking online it says not to have sex until its gone - I don't think so.  I'm on CD 14 and will most likely O in the next couple days.  I'd hate to miss my fertile window right now.
  • @vlagrl29 thanks and that sucks about the UTI. I've wrestled with them in the past and NO fun! And yeah, I agree, can't miss your window!
  • @Momifbysea - We missed my O day last month because of DH being out of town so I don't want to miss it again. Just got some antibiotics.  Trying to head it off in case it gets worse.
    edited October 2016
    Well, 18DPO is officially CD1. Next month I need to remember not to test until 18!!! Over and out, here's to next cycle and waiting for RE to call back today so I can get my blood work done. I'm home from work today with a bad cold so as much as I don't feel like driving half an hour to get blood drawn, it would be nice not to have to use extra sick time.

Editing this because right after I posted, RE called! Blood work tomorrow morning and scheduled HSG for a week from today. This is moving more quickly than I thought. Good, as I have little time!
  • @Momifbysea - yea for things moving quickly.  My UTI is pretty non existent now thank goodness.  We did BD last night.  I thought I might see a smile face this morning on OPK but I haven't - maybe on CD 16 because I had a 30 day cycle last month.  I've been temping too so I'm waiting for it to drop down from what I've heard.  It's been rising over the last 4 days.  I'm thinking BD tonight as well because DH has to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow and may be too tired to want to BD on Tues.  Ah why can't O time be when we are not as busy in life.