October 2016 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 10-10-16

edited October 2016 in October 2016 Moms
How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby? 

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms?

GTKY: Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? How did you come to that decision? If you are formula feeding, what brand did you choose? (Stole from Sunday)
Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
BFP 02-15-16 with our first
IT'S A BOY!!! 

Re: Monday Ticker Change 10-10-16

• How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby? 38 weeks and over it but I know I have 2 solid more weeks if not 3... which I'm really hoping not! He can come at anytime now and I'll be more than happy. 

What size is baby? 
    a winter melon 

Upcoming appointments? 
    weekly check in on Wednesday, I'm sure he'll check my cervix again, and I'm hoping for further dilation 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Not too much. I keep nesting like a crazy person, my house has never been so clean. Ha. Everything is organized and done.... now it's just the waiting game. 

Symptoms? 
    Heartburn, exhaustion, lower back pain and just all around uncomfortable 

GTKY: Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? How did you come to that decision? If you are formula feeding, what brand did you choose? 
    I'm definitely going to try my hardest with BFing. BUT I refuse to be so hard on myself and put too much pressure on myself to exclusively BF. If I need to supplement, I won't feel bad about it. But I will definitely BF for as long as I can. And as for a brand I'm still doing my research and I'm sure that will be trial and error as well. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• How far along are you?  39 weeks

What size is baby? 
    Little Pumpkin

Upcoming appointments? 
    Weekly appointment on Wednesday.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Raves: I managed to get the house clean this weekend so now I just need help keeping it that way until this baby comes. Rants: I got 3 "How are you feeling?" "Any news?" Texts in 10 minutes last night. I feel like crap and when I have news to share I will. I feel like everyone is watching me and I just want to be left alone.

Symptoms? 
    Sciatica which makes me want to die. I'm having a little more swelling than I had been. Nesting is real. Lots of hardening of the belly. 

GTKY: Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? How did you come to that decision? If you are formula feeding, what brand did you choose?
    I plan to breast feed but ultimately am going to do what works best for us. I'm feeling selfishly committed to breast feeding right now so that I don't have to share my baby. Everyone keeps saying they are so excited for MY baby to
    get here and it's making me anxious. I haven't picked a formula. 

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby? 
    40 weeks! Hello due date...now where are you baby?? 

What size is baby?
    Watermelon, Beach Ball, Red Panda

Upcoming appointments?
    Tomorrow....unless we go into labor before...

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Just want this baby OUT!!!! I have never been so impatient in my life. I know he will be here by next week because we will set induction for the 17th, but I just want to meet him now. 

Symptoms?
    Mostly just crampy feelings here and there. No real BH that I can tell. 

GTKY: Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? How did you come to that decision? If you are formula feeding, what brand did you choose? (Stole from Sunday)
    Breastfeeding which will hopefully go well, but not going to stress over it. If it doesn't work, he will get formula and will still have a full belly. This seems like the best approach to me. Haven't decided on a brand of formula because we will see what is best for him, but I've got some free Similac in the pantry already. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited October 2016
    @NicholeL16 - all the texts to fine out how things are going... Omg! Makes you want to say, "I tidally, we forgot to tell you... We had him last week!" Bahahaha 

@ibabyloveb87 - happy due date! Sending outside baby vibes your way ;)

How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby? 39 weeks

What size is baby?
    pumpkin

Upcoming appointments?
     tomorrow and hoping for some dilation! Last time I was very effaced but no dilation. FX!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
     rave: my mom's coworker was selling a bunch of her baby's old clothes and had some really great things like MK boots and stuff like that so I told my mom is take a look. $80 and a gazillion outfits, shoes, etc later... We finished going through the stuff... And what's even better, my mom INSISTED on paying for it all. So excited about it all!

Symptoms?
    I could be in much worse shape, so no major problems here

37 weeks

What size is baby?
    A Zach Morris phone - LOL! 

Upcoming appointments?
    Tomorrow - should be quick because I don't want a cervix check until after my due date

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Sleep is starting to get hard. Tylenol PM helps knock me out, but I can only take that on weekends or else I'm a zombie at work. 

Symptoms?
    Just general achey-ness all over. Feeling like a whale. 

Breastfeeding. I nursed DD for 18 months, and I hope to nurse DS just as long (maybe longer since I am on a better work schedule now). It was super tough at first, but I'm glad we stuck it out because it was so much easier (for me) to just whip out a boob and feed rather than worrying about bottles. (Well, when I wasn't at work ... pumping at work was still a chore.) Also, the money savings was a big one for me - I think the price of formula is ridiculous! I feel bad for families who have to fork out all that cash ... it should be a lot more accessible for everyone to feed their babies, no matter the method. 
  • @ibabyloveb87 Happy due date! Hope baby makes a grand enterance very very soon.

@bnsmith85 Yes! I want to pull a random baby's picture from the Internet and be like "here he is!". 
  • @NicholeL16 - I'm glad you speak- typing this post out on my cell... because holy typo's in my reply to you lol
  • How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby? Abigail is 4 days old! :)

What size is baby? 
    I don't know how much her weight has changed.. birth weight was 6.8 lbs

Upcoming appointments? 
    thursday, mostly to check on my incision

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    The gas is real and miserable. Yesterday I felt like I couldnt even breathe it got so bad. Thankfully I pooed that night and it has helped some but I'm literally burping all the time. 

Symptoms?

we are working hard at bfing! My milk came in this morning and it was a surreal experience. She was nursing on one side and when she finished I realized the other side of my body was soaking wet. Hah. So much for how many times I googled "how will I know when my milk comes in"
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Today would have been my due date :smiley:

How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby? 13 days old!

What size is baby?
    I'm going to a weighted feeding tomorrow so I'll find out how much he's gained, but he's starting to fit into newborn clothes so he has to be growing.

Upcoming appointments?
    Tomorrow I'm seeing an LC to do a weighted feeding to make sure Jace is getting enough BM from me, and I also want to check if I'm pumping right.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Mine is so petty but Jace BFs really well throughout the day, but we hit the 10:30pm feeding and he will fuss until 1am and we need to supplement him with a decent size bottle of formula (30-50ml), but he doesn't need it any other time.  It's frustrating cause I don't understand why he needs it at that time and what I can do to get him satisfied on the boob.

Symptoms? 
    My nipples are starting to peel which hurts, but I have a prescription nipple cream I got from the hospital before I left.  I think it might be my pump though :/

I'm trying to BF, and it seems to be going okay, though I wish I produced more (taking fenugreek to try and increase my supply, and once my nipples heal I'll try regular pumping).  We do supplement if needed, and my hospital used Enfamil and we had coupons for free ready to use bottles so we're using that first, but I also have free Good Start in my cupboard (just don't want to switch until I have to).
    Pregnancy Ticker

5 weeks 3 days 

What size is baby?
    Last week she weighed 7lb 1oz 

Upcoming appointments?
    thursday I have my 6 week follow up and pelvic exam. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    friday we went to see the LC at the hospital. She was not her normal self in terms of how she eats.  She was barely sucking on the bottle and normally she will suck down 2.5 ounces in 5 minutes if you let her. It took her 30 minutes while we were there to get 2oz down. And we did a weighted feed before offering the bottle and in 30 minutes she only got .5 oz. but her latch and sucking was what I normally get at home. So she wants us to get evaluated for a lip and younger tie. I was a little bummed to say at the least, but at least she said I have good supply and to keep pumping up keep it up. 

Symptoms? Feeling human is wonderful. Felicity is starting to sleep longer stretches at night. Yay for more sleep!

pumping and feeding. When we had to supplement we gave enfamil for newborns. Never had to buy any since we got a can for free in the mail. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby? 39 weeks!

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments? 
    BPP,NST and regular appointment tomorrow. If I'm dilated at all I'm asking for a sweep while I'm there.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I've been getting bounced between the OBs and MWs with scans and fighting for this VBAC. The OBs aren't on my side but the MWs are, hopefully I go into labor this week and I don't have to deal with anything.

Symptoms? 
    both BH and regular inconsistent contractions, my hips keep popping and hurt so bad, and I'm so grumpy. I'm so over being pregnant.

Giving BF a go, even though I'm unsure. I'll switch to formula without any hesitation if I need to. DS had a lot of problems with allergy and reflux so I fought in tears for 3 months to BF because I was told that is what a good mom does, until one day I broke down and realized that a good mom feeds their kid whatever it is that makes them thrive and we ended up on expensive allergen formula. The guilt train I was given for stopping BF really still gets to me when I see crazy lactivists telling moms to just shut up and BF or they are bad people.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • How far along are you?  OR How old is your outside baby? 6 days post delivery. 

Wh
    at size is baby? 7lbs 6oz last weight

Upcoming appointments?
    tomorrow 1 week apoointment

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    little Sean had his nights and days mixed up but we managed to almost get that sorted out again. He slept from 12 till 4 last night then 4 till 6.

Symptoms? Breast engorment, cramps, exhaustion welcome to newborn city.

Breast feeding for now I did with  other my other kids. It's just what I do I've alays enjoyed that bond. 
    - The little guy is 3 weeks old now!

What size is baby?
    - Tiny lol... 7lbs 12oz

Upcoming appointments?
    - None

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    - None right now 

Symptoms?
    - Headaches!

- I'm trying so hard to breastfeed but it's been 3 weeks and I'm still hardly getting any milk. He supplements with Similac Advance. 
    DS born 2016