Working Moms
Options

Am I over-reacting?

I am a 35 year old new mom. My son just turned 4 months old and I recently returned back to work. My sister-in-law is watching him during the day. I just found out she has been sneaking pacifiers and giving them to him. She went out and bought different pacifiers and used them without saying anything to me. We have a different brand of pacifiers already, but she did not use them. Moreover, she was keeping them to herself and using them and did not say anything to me until I confronted her. I am now distrustful of her. Am I over-reacting? Would anyone else be upset if someone in their family made a decision like this and keep it from you?

Re: Am I over-reacting?

• Options
    nackienackie member
    edited September 2016
    So, you are using pacifiers, she just decided to get a different brand and use those instead?  Did you ask her why?  It certainly is odd that she would try to hide that
  • Options
    I don't think the pacifiers themselves are a big deal but I do find it odd that she would be sneaky about it. did you ask why she hid it?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Depends on the intent. Was she being purposely sneaky? Or just helping
  • Options
    crsanchez87crsanchez87 member
    edited September 2016
    Yea I guess I am a little too confused too. I think if you were "no" to all pacifiers and she was giving him one, then I would understand why you'd be upset/frustrated. If you are upset because shes using a different brand then I think it shouldnt be a big deal. I agree with PP, why is she hiding this from you? 
  • Options
    Also to echo the sentiment of others, i think it's more the fact that she's hiding info and not consulting you on changes is more of a concern than anything.