January 2017 Moms
Options

Short cervix

does anyone have experience with having a short cervix? I started bleeding yesterday and had an ultrasound but cervix is 2.5 cm. my doctor started me on procardia to prevent preterm labor and visteril for night time to stop contractions. I go back next week to have it remeasured. Has anyone had this and made it full term without being put on bedrest??

Re: Short cervix

• Options
    I believe @LastMango does.
  • Options
    I do but am on strict bedrest so I'm not much help. Try to take it easy and don't stress your body too much. Sending you good thoughts! <3 I hope it goes well
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Me: 26 DH: 29 Married 8/4/2012
    BFP #1 8/20/2013 | EDD 5/4/2014 | MMC 10/2/2013 9w3d | D&C 10/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/8/2014 (kinda) EDD 10/29/2014
     | DS Born 10/8/2014 
    TTCAL 11/2015 BFP #3 5/12/16 | EDD Jan 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi @brennafrank

I'm in the same boat. My cervix was at 2cm as of last week. Doc put me on progesterone suppositories and basically just said to continue with my normal routine but not to take on anything extra. They are rechecking again next week. I have not had any bleeding or contractions though so I'm not sure if your situation is more severe. 

The MFM was very encouraging and said that the odds if still going full term were very much in my favor. It's scary but all we can do is listen to our doctors and do what they tell us to do. Unfortunately, according to my MFM, there is really nothing they can do to stop the cervix from shortening. I'm here if you have any questions or want to talk!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i have this too. had a lot of bleeding and painful contractions at 23 +2 i think. got admitted, IVF and terbutaline. contractions slowed some. never stopped, i always have them. my cervix was soft but not really dilated. US measurement was 1.6. I'm doing the progesterone suppositories as well, get a cervix recheck and see high risk ob monday. i can still work and do easier activities as of now. very scary.