3rd Trimester

Baby swing makes noise, normal?

We put together our Graco baby swing this weekend.  It's really cute, but I guess I expected silent operation.  I don't know anything about baby stuff.  When we turn it on, it makes a clicking sound with each swing of the seat, its not super loud but I don't know if this is normal.  Anyone else with a swing yet?  Does yours make any noises?  

If its defective I'd like to deal with returning it now because I doubt I'll have time when the baby arrives and you know how strict these stores are with return policies.   

Re: Baby swing makes noise, normal?

• Fairly normal...unless the clicking is coming from the legs because they aren't fastened properly
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsMoody2006:
    Fairly normal...unless the clicking is coming from the legs because they aren't fastened properly

I agree.  Ours makes noise too. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagecbandjp:

imageMrsMoody2006:
    Fairly normal...unless the clicking is coming from the legs because they aren't fastened properly

I agree.  Ours makes noise too. 

Same here. We noticed that the faster settings don't make the louder noises but they do still have a strong motor hum. I remember reading on one of these boards that it actually works like white noise for some LOs.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Also when the babies weight is in it, I find its not as loud....but some noise is normal!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Jack - 6.7.2010 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm pretty sure all the swings are going to make some sort of noise.  This weekend I youtubed different swings just to see them in action, and each one had its own special working noise.
  • Ours makes a slight clicking noise when it runs, but it also has a sound setting that clicks so I'm really not that worried about it.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had the same question and I ma glad to hear this is normal.  My DH put the batteries in our swing on Friday and we weren't sure about the noise either.  Thank you ladies! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"