September 2016 Moms

BeIng overdue has taken all the fun out of this

mjpatzwamjpatzwa member
edited September 2016 in September 2016 Moms
I just have to vent. I feel guilty but I am so angry at this baby for not being here and mad at everyone asking me if I've had the baby yet. I'm to the point where I just snap at my husband and start crying. I was so excited as my due date approached and as it went by I though, "ok, no biggie." But, as the days have gone on I have just become more and more angry and depressed. I eat all the time which makes me feel even worse and I'm just so angry. And, feeling that way makes me feel guilty and also worried that I'm starting out life angry at this child. I'm so over reading birth announcements and want to be excited for everyone but I'm just so tired of this. I'm just angry.

Does anyone else feel this way/ felt this way? Did it get better?

Re: BeIng overdue has taken all the fun out of this

• Aww @mjpatzwa I'm not overdue yet but I totally get exactly what you're saying and that's been me for the last week and a half. I felt extra horrible because I'm a SAHM to my two year old and he of course through no fault of his own, is the reason for so much snapping and frustration on my part. I felt/feel like a horrible mom and I would just cry. I still do but thankfully I've been able to get a little help. I've been on anti-anxiety medication since my first pregnancy and I had my dose increased a smidge and started asking for as much help as I could. But I know it's so hard being so uncomfortable 24/7 and wishing the misery to end to the point where you don't even care about the prize at the end! I keep feeling like I'm not pregnant I just have some kind of flu or infection that's making me miserable and I just want it to end and I keep forgetting there's a purpose and a good one at that. :) It melts away the minute the dust settles and you get to hold that baby. It may mean nothing right now and it meant nothing to me my entire first pregnancy but I SWEAR it's worth it times 1000. I only vaguely remember it in our current super ridiculously pregnant position but I'm constantly telling myself it really happened and it is all worth it. We can do it!!! But I totally feel for you!! (And I feel exactly the same. I don't go out in public anymore because the stares and comments and my general anger at the world.)
  • @mjpatzwa I'm sorry dear! I'm sure there is nothing I can say to make you feel better - I'd feel that way too. Don't beat yourself up about it. It's a lot of work growing a human! 

just hoping this baby comes for you soon and you have a happy and healthy delivery. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Feeling the same way! I am SO tired of people asking me if I have had the baby yet. I just want to scream "I will F%#$ing let you know!" I left work last week on Tuesday because the original plan was to induce on that Wed. However, my doc took a 2 week vacation and I got stuck with a Dr. who says "well I won't let you go beyond 41 weeks." So basically we are looking at Oct. because even though I'm overdue my body doesn't appear to be doing anything. What's worse is that I'm over here going stir crazy because I have nothing to do at all sitting at home. All of my children are at school all day and my house is spotless. 
  • Love tits for support ladies! Just know there IS an end!! And now that I've had my baby, it seems like pregnancy was a blink of an eye and is actually a little strange going from pregnant for most of the year to just suddenly not... Hang in there!!! Do something special for yourself! Massage, movie, pedicure, lunch date
  • @mjpatzwa aren't midwives the best?? I've had 4 pregnancies and the one with a midwife was by far the most smooth and calm. 
  • @mjpatzwa How did everything go?? Hope all is well!
  • Congrats! Sorry to hear it didn't go as you had hoped, but happy to hear Olivia is here safe and sound!
  • That sounds rough @mjpatzwa! Glad you're both doing ok!