May 2017 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Chatter & Randoms 9/26

13»

Re: Pregnancy Chatter & Randoms 9/26

• Options
    This is good to know. I have been taking the gummies. Right now swallowing meds is not happening. 
  • Options

Re gummy vitamins: just a weird thought but I was told not to take them last time because they don't have as much iron. The iron is what makes you sick usually but it's important. Maybe something about not putting iron in gummies because of the risk of poisoning kids if they accidentally get a bottle? Is that ringing a bell for anyone?

*stuck in the box*
    The iron is a real thing.  I am taking ones from rainbow light. They are food based, and I don't find the iron to be nauseating.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Anyone know if Icy Hot is safe to use while pregnant? I'm sure it sounds like a stupid question, but I googled it and I found posts from a different baby page that was like "zomg, no! You'll poison the baby!!" Now obviously I'm sure they're overreacting, but I do know there's some stuff that's just not a good idea to use. I pinched a nerve in my back and I'm in agony :(
  • Options
    Anyone else feel like our thread is too quite on the weekend?!? Any suggestions on weekly threads we can start on Saturday or Sunday? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I absolutely agree @NurseK2016 Maybe more GTKY on the weekends? Or recaps about our week? Progression with baby-related things? 
  • Options
    @NurseK2016 I know we discussed in the weekly fitness check-in that we wanted to move it to a Sunday or Monday check-in to start the week (instead of the Thursday that was outlined). I'll do it Sunday to add another thing for the weekend! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    How about Symptoms Saturday? Or "Ask a Second-Time Mom" on one of the weekend days? I agree maybe a GTKY on a weekend too would be good! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    NurseK2016NurseK2016 member
    edited October 2016
    @h&p_momma I like the idea of Symptoms Saturday! I'll try to start one next Saturday. :smile:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FatPonyFatPony member
    edited October 2016
    @SparkySunDevil - I think I asked my doctor last pregnancy about the icyhot and it was generally a no. However, that was in my 3rd trimester. I used it sparingly (maybe 5-7 times total) bc my back muscles were in agony. So I would ask your doc and try not to use it a lot if you have to

eta - hope you feel bettwr
  • Options
    I get my gummy prenatals at the grocery store!