April 2017 Moms

Weekly Pregnancy Chatter 9/26

2»

Re: Weekly Pregnancy Chatter 9/26

• @herewegrow love it! I ordered my Halloween shirt today!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Loading the player...
  • @Ekzerr Agreed with @ebloom3 - I've been taking Excedrin tension headache (Tylenol with a little bit of caffeine) for sinus headaches and it's worked well.  My NeilMed sinus rinse has been a lifesaver (just make sure you use distilled water and disinfect according to directions), as is saline spray for when I'm not at home.  At night, I also boil water, pour it into a bowl with a few drops of tea tree oil, and put my face over it with a towel over my head to capture all the steam.  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Thought I would share my Halloween shirt :) 
    Where did you get that?! It is hilarious!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @herewegrow I love it! That's so cute! 
  • So, I have had two previous c-sections, one which was a total rupture... those abdominal muscles are stretching for the first time since they were sewn back together... so it can get a little uncomfortable when I need to flex them to sit up from leaning back in a chair, etc.

One of my coworkers... "What are we going to do with you when you're REALLY pregnant?"

Well... first of all, I am indeed "really" pregnant, and secondly, this is not my first rodeo... this is my third and two c-sections makes for some interesting sensations when its slowly being pushed on and stretched against for the first time since... By the time I am "REALLY" pregnant, they will already be fully stretched out at that point.... oy vey.
    Alyssa (30) & DH (36)
    DD (12), DS (8). 
    Baby Boy EDD 4/6/17. 
  • @herewegrow That is the cutest! Great idea about iron on. 

@LyssaChap Oh my. That coworker does not get it. Pregnancy is made of many quirky little phases.

In bad Auntie news, my brother and SIL had their second baby this weekend, a scheduled c-section. We never went to visit them in the hospital. Eeeek! I feel bad but, we had a babysitter on Sunday so...we went to the movies. If I'm being honest, I do not think we would have gone anyways. Weeks before the baby came we kept offering to drive down and help them with baby stuff. They never took us up on it. I kind of assumed this was their second and they were feeling overwhelmed because they are big time procrastinators.

I know the rest of the family went this weekend so, they had plenty of visitors. People came and dis the "oos" and "ahhs". We wouldn't want to intrude on their time as a new family of 4...right? Guilty lady rationalization.  :|  

• @jennielynn+ Don't feel too guilty. Sometimes having too many visitors at once can be a bit overwhelming. A simple congratulations text and plans to see them in the coming weeks should be fine!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @jennielynn+ I agree with @KirstinH88, I am not a fan of visitors at the hospital.  I had an easy delivery with DS and was still exhausted because I was in labor overnight.  The last thing that I wanted was friends and family there when I hadn't slept in too long.

On a totally different note, just found out that a really good friend of mine is due 3 weeks after me. Excited for our babies to be friends (even if it's a forced friendship! lol)
  • @LyssaChap girl, I'm with you. I KNOW if we make it to the final four again, I will go into labor! I can't wait!
  • @herewegrow the doctor said they will try super hard to get me there if my uterus isn't too thin, since I had a previous rupture.

my team MIGHT make it to the final 36... Maybe..... With this new coach, but I don't care if my team is in it or not, I just love ncaa basketball in general!!!  
    Alyssa (30) & DH (36)
    DD (12), DS (8). 
    Baby Boy EDD 4/6/17. 
  • Well, today not one, but two co-workers asked if I am expecting. At this point, I am not going to lie, so I just told them that, yes, I am. Oy.

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17