TTC after 35
Options

Timing your mammogram while TTC

I was originally going to put this questions on the TTGP daily thread but then I remembered that most of the posters aren't old enough to get annual mammograms.  Anyway, I was wondering how others have timed their mammogram with TTC?  I think I may just call and try to schedule it during a WTO time period and just cancel if it doesn't line up right.  

File this one as another #amaproblems 
History and blog link in spoiler
2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
May 2020 FET; BFN
July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

Re: Timing your mammogram while TTC

• Options
    @laurad75 thank you, your timing of this post is perfect for me as I have a mammogram appointment next week and was wondering the same thing. I agree with what you said and will reschedule for a safe time. I haven't had one in 4 years ( gulp) due to pregnancy and breastfeeding so am way behind but they made me wait until this month due to those factors...yes, yet another AMA issue!
  • Options
    Ha!  I have to schedule one myself, and when I went to a new RE last week she encouraged me to get one ASAP.  I told her I kept putting it off since TTC and not sure if I should have one, and she said no need to wait, to just go during the WTO.  
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  I am going to call this week to schedule and try to make an educated guess on a safe time.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog