December 2016 Moms

Health and Fitness Check-in ~ 10.3.16

What is your health/nutrition goal this week?  

What is your fitness goal this week?  

Any challenges this week?  

How did you do with your goals last week?  

GTKY:  What outdoor activities are you most looking forward to now that fall is here?

Bonus Bumpie Challenge: Try to fit in some prenatal yoga (see below for example)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
Married: Aug. 2005
DS1: Born Oct. 2012
DS2: Born Jun. 2014

Re: Health and Fitness Check-in ~ 10.3.16

• What is your health/nutrition goal this week?  Less sugar and more whole foods.

What is your fitness goal this week?  Be active when I can be... which is probably today, tomorrow and Wednesday. If my feet reduce swelling, I hope to make it to the gym tonight for Zumba. If not, it's Country Heat in the living rom barefoot. I have tomorrow off, so I'll probably do another Country Heat workout at home in the morning before getting ready for the day. Wednesday will be the same as today depending on my feet, but may switch it up to Upper Fix so I can work more of my arms for variety. Saturday, we're doing a 1-mile walk for GiGi's Playhouse in town, which is an Enrichment Center for individuals with Down Syndrome. It's the 4th year of it (maybe 5th), and we walk on a team for our oldest nephew who has DS. It's a pretty fun event. It will be a slow walk, but something.

Any challenges this week?  Thursday night we have a Breastfeeding class, so I won't workout that day. That is about it for evening stuff... since I doubt I'll do anything in the morning besides tomorrow. Or if my feet get worse... then I would rather just rest them and be mindful on what I eat.

How did you do with your goals last week?  Eh. I didn't work out any day/night. But, I did some walking yesterday while I was shopping with my mom.

GTKY:  What outdoor activities are you most looking forward to now that fall is here? Cooler walks outside, as long as long my shoes fit. Otherwise, I don't do much outside besides that.

Bonus Bumpie Challenge: Try to fit in some prenatal yoga (see below for example)
    I should do some of these moves and have done some prenatal videos from You Tube... might need to start incorporating them more.

Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• What is your health/nutrition goal this week?  
    Up my iron intake because I'm slightly low right now.
    Do some kind of workout 5 days this week. I need to fit some cardio in because I didn't do much last week.
    Nothing other than life and fatigue.
    Pretty good considering I had a flu Monday and Tuesday.

Sunday - Walk; Monday - Sick; Tuesday - Sick; Wednesday - Still recovering; Thursday - Full body weights and a walk; Friday - Walk; Saturday - Yoga
    GTKY:  What outdoor activities are you most looking forward to now that fall is here?
    Walks, and I'd love to fit in some hikes now that *hopefully* there will be fewer mosquitos to attack me.

December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • edited October 2016
    FYI - @H4aPartyof5 - thank you for being so on it with this each week. I actually do think back to this thread about my goals all through the week. :)
    What is your health/nutrition goal this week?

eat green things. Don't eat too much. Don't count candy corn as a vegetable.
    Mon - <off - too tired>, Tues - swim, Wed - off, Thurs- elliptical and strength, Fri - off/swim/hike, Sat and Sun - play by ear with fam but at least one workout.
    I hopey hope hope hope I'm not coming down with a cold.
    really well. With eating and with activity.
    we just did a corn maze/fall festival this weekend. it was SO FUN. we have our college's homecoming game this weekend. other than that...
    Will do and thank you for the example! I haven't gone to a prenatal yoga class but I'm great at modifying regular yoga where needed. Though it's getting to the point that I'm modifying over half the class which feels dumb. Though I managed to easily do crow pose yesterday!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
    Same old stuff. Avoid eating out. Keep up the protein. Add as much magnesium as possible to try and tame my restless legs. 

Yoga twice. At least one walk a day.

Nothing as of yet. 

Pretty good. Went to my first prenatal specific yoga class on Tuesday. Skipped Thursday since I'd just done my glucose test. Walked almost everyday. Only ate out twice(?) and it was only on the weekend. 

Ha, I'm sad fall is here and it's going to start getting too cold to be outside. I'm a baby and anything under 70 is too cold for me. I'll still walk/hike, but it becomes much easier to me to make excuses not to go :(

On it! Already have two classes scheduled this week. 
  • What is your health/nutrition goal this week:
    Eat 5 meals a day- make sure protein around 20+g per meal except for preworkout. Vitamin d in the morning (great for if winter gets ya down) - and potassium supplement every other day for leg cramping

5 days at gym and 2 days active rest

I got a belly band- takes a little pressure of round ligaments and hip flexor while I run!

5 days in gym 2 days active rest

long walks with pups after gym!

Pigeon has probably been the best stretch/pose ever for me during pregnancy- helps alleviate back and hip pain
  • @knottie6113239 I am contemplating getting a belly band or more so, a maternity belt, as he is starting to sit lower and I think that will help when I am active, and just on a daily basis too. Which one did u get?

• I ordered this one!
    Eat out less. Cut back on candy. 

10 miles of walking. Average 8500 steps per day. Stand at my desk and average of 2.5 hours a day. Its sad but I'm counting standing as a fitness goal. 

It's still hot here. I have been waking up to incredibly low blood pressure which makes me feel even more sluggish than usual. Not sure if I should talk to the doctor about it or not. Today was 95/55. Even now at 5pm it's only 110/60. Ive had high blood pressure (typically 140/80) since having DD so this is really strange. 

I didn't have any. I gotta get better about it. 

walking...but fall isn't here yet. Soon. I hope. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• What is your health/nutrition goal this week?  Cook some meals this week.  Last week, we ate out every day.  I have literally hated cooking this entire pregnancy...my DH really only eats chicken, and I really only want chicken if it's fried, which isn't the best option obviously.

What is your fitness goal this week?  Do some kind of cardio 4 to 5 times this week.

Any challenges this week?  Both of the boys seem to have colds, which makes it hard to get to the gym, but I'm trying to make sure to use our elliptical at home.

How did you do with your goals last week?  Hmm...I haven't actually made any official goals in awhile, but if I had, I'm sure I would have failed miserably.

GTKY:  What outdoor activities are you most looking forward to now that fall is here?  Going to the pumpkin patch has become a lot of fun since we had the boys, and I enjoy going on hikes as well.  Growing up, I really enjoyed bonfires, etc., but being a grown-up definitely limits those kind of activities.

Thanks and no problem @slartybartfast!  :)   

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Posted on Monday... but new challenge has arrived.

I was going to do an upper body home workout today to focus on my arms/shoulders, since it has been awhile. But, I got my flu shot yesterday and I can barely move my left arm up so there goes that. I know I should keep it moving, but anything dealing with weights would be very tough. Oh well... I guess I'll just do some cardio instead and not swing my arms as much.