Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Friday 9/30

2»

Re: WTO Friday 9/30

• Options
    @bumpybump I am sorry you had such a rough night.  Find something little to make you happy today and don't feel guilty about it for one second.  Take the time you need to be sad and be extra kind to yourself.

@hartmich hoping you see that temp jump to confirm O!  Assuming you did, how's your timing?

@hupp0013 Enjoy your kid free weekend!  And good luck with your race.

@jeg07 that photo looks like it's from a storybook.  Stunning!

Loving all the beautiful wedding photos!  
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Options
    @hupp0013 I had a similar family necklace I wore and it was definitely my favorite.  It was my great grandmother's on my father's mother's side. Nana was born around the 1880's, so it's very old.  But it's a beautiful opal necklace that hangs down a little.  Every Aunt and cousin so far has worn it.  Even the ladies marrying into the family.  So it's been worn at about 14 weddings so far, there are a few left still.  It's a really special tradition, that I hope continues on for generations. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BrambleRose H just really likes Spiderman and I didn't want to do a separate groom's cake, so I was Pinterest-inspired to hide Spiderman on the cake!  P.S. Your pic is gorgeous, what a beautiful location. 

@MrsN092714  Timing would be alright, not great. I was playing around with temps in FF and I'm pretty sure that this wasn't O, just a weird spike. My temp would have to stay the same or go even higher to get CH, so I guess we'll see. I just don't feel like other symptoms were lining up enough. 

• Options
    @deadasthatsquirrel My mom made the guy's boutineers and each GM's speech bubbles said something different. But she kept DH's a secret so when I got to the front of the chapel next to him I saw that his said "Love you, Always will" It was such a sweet surprise!

@GeorgiaWife12 It is a small world! I bet Blairsville was gorgeous! I wish I could live in the North GA Mountains. Maybe some day... 

@Sugargirl1019 THAT VEIL! Omg

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Bertiemeetsgertie Yay! I hope this TWW is the one!

@Buthayna That's tough. I hope she'd understand though and not feel bad. 

@rainbowturtles Yay, what a relief on O timing!

@Mythril That's great that it's working so fast for you! I take Levoxyl (I have also taken synthroid and generic levothyroxine but levoxyl works the best for me). It actually took me a few months to lose weight -- probably two months before I felt any difference. I knew it was working because my other symptoms started to subside (my hair got thicker, nails stronger, felt less tired, felt less cold, and of course my numbers improved) but once I started losing weight, I lost about 15 pounds in three months eating and exercising the same as I had been before. So I think it can happen fast!

• Options
    @adirat I totally don't disagree.  Just wish those temps would move it along! I'm glad I'm not making stuff up in my head and that someone agrees!

• Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    edited September 2016
    Aurora1973 and @Mrs_Jp I'm not into the spotlight either and sometimes I wish we had just eloped and been true to myself and my anti-spotlightness. Weddings are so expensive and they suck up SO much time and I wish I had the time and money back now. But between thinking I may regret it and the family stuff it just kinda happened. Some great moments, but nothing compared to actually being married, which I love so much more than I loved my wedding. I actually like other people's weddings way better because I can just relax and enjoy the ride instead of wondering "did that turn out OK?", "Is my dress falling?", "Am I wearing too much make-up?", "Will everyone hate the other people at their table?"

Edited spelling
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019
    Your veil is one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen! 

@LadyMoo
    love the hair comb. I'm such a big fan of little things like that!
  • Options
    @buthayana Creepy interntet hugs. I'm sorry you were put in an awkward position last night. Hopefully you can talk to your friend soon.
    @rainbowturtles hooray for getting in good timing
    @britters314 good luck with your testing next week
    @aurora1973 Hooray for vacation, Fx O holds off till after DH SA.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    leekat14leekat14 member
    edited September 2016
    @wabash15 Off to take an OPK now! Thanks for the reminder

Edit...I hate mobile bumping
  • Options
    @Lund your follicles/eggs should be fine. In terms of x-ray radiation its more long term high level exposure that they worry about. If they had you wear a lead apron you're fine. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options

@LuND That's so wonderful for your friends! Gives me so much hope to hear people try for years and are finally successful <3 I think if you wore the apron, you shouldn't worry about the radiation on your follicles at all. Lead doesn't let those waves get through. (Source: my husband is a physicist)

• Options
    @wabash15 & @adirat thanks for the reassurance! It really does make me feel better about it :)
  • Options
    Aw thanks @JDW0325 it was one of the first things I bought when wedding planning! I'm fairly certain I purchased it even before my wedding dress! It caught my eye at a wedding show and I just knew I'd wear it on our wedding day, I had to get it right away!
  • Options
    Beautiful pics everyone! Cute personal touches. ❤

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: opks,temp,clomid

R/R: Rant: raging beast in me comes out with Clomid, not so great feeling. Def need a break. Rave: going to see my favorite artist in concert Sunday and lunch with the girls Sat. 

CS/Q: first time charting. It was a little higher today but negative opk.

GTKU:  What was your favorite detail from your wedding (I wanna see pictures!) or what detail do you look the most forward to?
    My hubby grabbed my arm awkwardly to walk me down the aisle at the Paris hotel in Vegas. It was cute and funny. Ceremony was on the verge of being cancelled due to rain at top of tower but we were fine.  Then Beatles love show in place of reception. 
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    To @vflux33 who asked about red raspberry leaf tea (RRLT), I drink one that has other stuff in it (not just raspberry leaf; also has Vitex and some other stuff) and I take it throughout my TWW but would stop if/when I get a BFP. I know others only drink it in WTO. It seems like a decision you might have to make based on personal preference, as I don't think there's enough evidence to prove either way, plus all teas are different etc. I personally don't think the amount in herbal tea is enough to do harm in the TWW (I've heard both things, tho: that it's actually good in the TWW and can prevent miscarriage; and then the opposite---it's so confusing!). I'm fairly cautious about most things because of my losses but I feel comfortable with this decision. Maybe others have different thoughts, tho <3
    edited to add tag
  • Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    edited October 2016
    Thank you @rainbowturtles. I appreciate your input. Sorry about your losses-- I definitely understand why that would make you cautious. It's all so confusing! There is so much contradictory info about almost everything TTC. Nice to be able to talk with others like you going through it all, since it reduces the near constant "am I doing it wrong" panic attack. <3   

edited for spelling
  • Options
    TW: loss: I should probably also add that I only started drinking RRLT after my most recent loss. And yes, I understand the constant worrying that we're doing something wrong and we're going to mess things up :/ It's so hard. But like with the recent discussion about sushi and soy, I think sometimes we need to cut ourselves a little slack/be kind to ourselves <3 
  • Options
    KhRun17KhRun17 member
    edited October 2016
    @BrambleRose - a SoCal destination wedding sounds amazing! Looks gorgeous! Wish we could've that. All of our fam is in 1 town, and some older grandparents dictated that's where it would be.
    @purplg8r - married in Disney?! That's so cool!!!
    @maebee87 - seriously though! I usually try to pick a guy when I'm buying anything like that. ;) I just like the free-ness of the library. The library before we moved had self-checkouts. This one doesn't. Bummer.
    @LuND - OMG Your picture!!! Jealous. My parents offered to fly DH and I to Hawaii or something of the like for a "destination" eloping...with just parents, siblings, and invite our best man/MOH. DH wasn't so into it. Plus, there was a lot of family expectations from us. If I could re-do it, I'd take it in a heartbeat!

Edit: Thanks to all for the comments on pics. I'm LOVING ogling everyones pics today! Weddings are so happy. :)
    DH & I: 27
    Dating: 11/14/2010
    Married: 10/18/2014
    TTC April 2016
    BFP: 5/12/2016 ~ MC: 5/25/2016
  • Options
    BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited October 2016
    @lund @adirat @wabash15
    thanks. The thing is, I think they just honestly don't have a clue and assume we would never actually be trying because our group of friends here are all teachers living overseas so literally none of the international teachers are at a place where they would actually be trying even if they wanted a baby. If I thought they had thought of that and still said these things, I wold have no trouble saying something in the moment to shock them into thinking before they speak, but I dunno

ETA: wrong tag...that's what I get for trying to remember names on mobile!

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019