October 2016 Moms
Options

Labor and All of it's Glory

Re: Labor and All of it's Glory

• Options
    @AllyTheKid just saw the updates on Johnny. I'm praying and sending you postitive thoughts and vibes. You're doing a wonderful job staying strong for him. Keep up the excellent work. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This probably isnt the place for this BUT I've been thinking about it a lot...

This is probably a stupid question but if you're planning to exclusively breast feed should you still have formula on hand just in case? 
     I know some people say it can take awhile for your milk to come in and I'm just worried the baby will be starving? haha . Or am I just being a paranoid FTM?
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kmolleltz the colostrum is all your baby needs until your milk comes in so don't stress about that! It's important to keep BFing to establish your supply based on baby's demand. Supplementing with formula will actually make BFing more difficult because the baby ends up overeating (due to needing more to get the same nutritional value that's in your colostrum/milk and also because the flow of the bottle is so much faster than the breast) so its tummy grows much faster than it would if only BFing. This can make it difficult for your milk supply to keep up to baby's demands and switch back to BFing only. I hope that makes sense? I know the BFing thread is super long at this point but we discussed this in there as well so it might be helpful to skim through!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LGW2015 thanks. I thought I had read it there but I felt foggy and now that baby is so close to being here my type A personality wants everything "Ready" hahahaha. 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    PCOSbabyPCOSbaby member
    edited October 2016
    kmolleltz said:
    This probably isnt the place for this BUT I've been thinking about it a lot...

This is probably a stupid question but if you're planning to exclusively breast feed should you still have formula on hand just in case? 
     I know some people say it can take awhile for your milk to come in and I'm just worried the baby will be starving? haha . Or am I just being a paranoid FTM?
    Have formula on hand just in case. I'm a FTM and I'm so glad I did. 

Our first night home my daughter was screaming and wouldn't stop. Nothing could console her. Something clicked in my head and I wondered if she was actually getting milk when I nursed. Long story short...she wasn't and she was essentially starving. I still cry about this incident because I felt I should have realized it sooner. 

ETA: After my milk came in I was able to stop using the formula.
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Options
    October hits and suddenly the babies start popping out!
    GOOD LUCK @ashleyp625 @cbamama641 @Anna.oskar @amye102485

DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    hahahaha @bnsmith85 that's really funny! I wish I had chick-fil-a here! haha. 4 wheeler. Wow. 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Options
    Sending so much love to @anna.oskar!!! She's a trooper! 
  • Options
    @anna.oscar Hang in there mama..your birth story I'm sure will be a reminder of how unpredictable delivery can be for us and we can find strength and hope knowing that others have made it through. there is a reward at the finish despite such a unplanned gruelling marathon. You deserve all the squishes, a gold medal, and a stiff drink! * Hugs*
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    See you on the other side @amye102485! Looking forward to the birth announcement!

And so much love to @anna.oskar- what a super hero! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @bnsmith85 bahahaha that is awesome! Is it wrong I'm really excited I made it into your dream?? LOL

@anna.oskar so glad it's finally almost over and you'll get to hold your sweet baby!!! You are amazing!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KenderTas06 Thank you so much!

@kmolleltz I say it never hurts to have some as back up. You just never know how feeding is going to play out at first.
  • Options
    @anna.oskar @cbamama641 @ignoscemihi Good luck today ladies! What an exciting Oct. 1st!
  • Options
    Yea good luck everyone having a baby today/this weekend! I'm super jealous as I sit here with what feels like the baby's whole body wedged under my ribs :p
  • Options
    @kmyers228 i'm sitting here with the same sentiments! i know baby will come when she is ready but sheesh am i ready for her to pop out. I'm not even sure what to expect when its go time since this is my first baby. but yes, congrats to you ladies having your babies today and within the next few days. cant wait to see all the beautiful lil faces
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck all you mama's, congrats to all mama's who have had the LOs and special thoughts to the baby's and mummy's in NICU
  • Options
    @NicholeL16 and I were just talking... Like every day this week, about how jealous we are too @ibabyloveb87 lol

@amye102485 congratulations! He's so cute!!!

good luck to all the mama's getting their babies soon!
  • Options
    Congratulations new mamas!
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Options
    good luck to those laboring! and congrats to the new moms!

@kmolleltz - re: formula, if you don't end up needing it you can return it unopened or give it away, but if you do end up needing it you will NEED it, like *now* so it's a good idea to have it on hand.
  • Options
    Congrats to the ladies that had babies today, so awesome!
  • Options
    Hang in there @ashleyp625! I hope you can get some sleep before the rest of this marathon!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh em gee. So many laboring mamas! Good luck to everyone! :) 
  • Options
    LMNOBabyLMNOBaby member
    edited October 2016
    Can't believe all the babies that are being born!! Congratulations and good luck ladies! So exciting! 
  • Options
    @amye102485 @allisonsmith6212 Congratulations ladies!

@ashleyp625 Good luck! I hope you  get some sleep and feel refreshed to rock and roll tomorrow ♡
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid thank you. I was excited he waited until October, but I wasn't expecting a baby within 3.5 hours of checking into the hospital.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    my friends if you end up with a c section TAKE ALL THE GAS MEDS
  • Options
    So exciting @annabennana!  Good luck!
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!