June 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-In Week of 9/28

I know the first couple of weeks is the most terrifying for a lot of ladies and especially those who have been through loss. With that in mind I wanted to go ahead and get the PGAL check-ins started so people can talk about everything they have going on with betas and whatever else.

I did look up the typical PGAL check-in format and I'd say we should probably use it or something similar in the future. For now I think since this is the first week I'd rather just do a modified shorter version.

How are you doing? 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:

GTKY: What is your favorite gif?

Me: 28 Husband: 31
TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PGAL Check-In Week of 9/28

• How are you doing? 
    Actually pretty ok so far.  I am feeling hopefully confident and have a ton of stuff going on lately that has been distracting me from bad thoughts.  

Just really looking forward to this hopefully being our rainbow!

Haha I honestly have no idea!  I like so many I doubt I can choose.  

Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Loading the player...
  • how are you doing?
    I'm doing ok. Trying to stay positive and not have bad thoughts......working well for most part but in all honesty am still a bit nervous as I had a miscarriage beginning of August at a bit over 5 weeks.

Rant/rave/vibes
    was thrilled to see the 2 lines! Hoping this will be our take home rainbow!! Trying to keep positive and stress free for our lil bean! 

GTKY: Favourite gif
    haha so many ones I like.....hard to choose!!
  • Glad to see that everyone is positive so far and doing well!

How are you doing? 
    So far so good. I am on day 3 of positive tests and watching the lines get darker is my new hobby. I went in for a beta and progesterone level today, so I'm hoping things are looking good.
    Someone with road rage cut me off and slammed on his breaks in front of me on the way back from the doctor and I immediately started crying. Why are people so rude and in such a hurry?!?! 
    Not sure. I always see ones I love but can't think of any right now. 
  • How are you doing? I'm doing okay. A little excited because I'm going to tell DH tomorrow on his birthday. Cautiously excited!!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I just hope this one is a sticky one. 

GTKY: What is your favorite gif? This is actually a very tough question! I don't think I have one.

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• @MKRLTX - RIGHT?!  everyone is always in a hurry.  I was exhausted last night on my way home and was actually going 5 mph under the speed limit because it was dark and I knew I was tired. Well, a car, who had two other lanes to get around me, was on my ass for a mile before speeding like a race car to a stop light just to be next to me.  jerk face.  Sorry about the jerk face you dealt with. 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• How are you doing? I'm doing ok.  Feeling hopeful but nervous.  If I could just see a HB I would feel so much better!!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  The nurse was super rude to me when I called to ask if my doctor would want to do betas.  She said she thinks it's just leftover hormone in my body from my MC but I tested at a 2 before which means it should have been all out of my system.  I guess unless it's possible to go back up?? I would be pretty devastated if that was the case.  But anyway she said "so I assume you are having unprotected intercourse to try and get pregnant because we really recommend waiting until after your first period".  Which I get but its non of her business really and it's already happened so we have to move forward and the research isn't really there either way to support waiting is better.  My body, my decision.  So I hope my doctor is a little nicer than this nurse because I really do like my doctor. Finally going for betas tomorrow even though I called a week ago asking for them.  

I don't have fun! I never post them but I love when other people do! I bump from my phone and I'm not sure how anymore. 

• How are you doing? Mostly good. I feel excited and positive, but part of me keeps second guessing every choice I make and wondering what 'went wrong' the first time. My partner is not shaken up and scared, so I'm trying to be uber-positive and zen to help lift him up.

R/R/PV: I made an appointment to confirm with my
    GP next week and ask some questions, and I made an appointment for my first OB visit the second week of November. Excited!

Fave Gif: I'll try to find them and post tonight! Lilo and Stich gifs often describe my mood. I saw a new one yesterday the cracked me up - it was Hilary's shoulder shimmy from the debate mashed up with the Shaq shimmy. I laughed way too hard.
  • @JessyKV I'm sorry you had to deal with that. :( Rude nurses are terrible. I remember digging through the research on waiting vs. jumping back into TTC and I remember reading the same thing you're talking about that unless a D&C was required or something and the body needs time to physically recover there is no benefit to waiting. But I know a lot (most?) medical professionals hold to the old idea of waiting at least one cycle but preferably 3ish. I hope your doctor is more compassionate and helpful.

@bornmommy Yay! Congratulations! Ahhhh we're doing it! It's so great to see those beta numbers come back showing good doubling and all. :)

@HgPa Yeah I totally understand what you mean about PGAL brain making you second guess EVERYTHING. It's horrible. I've been doing a lot of that also where I'm playing through all the possible scenarios of what might have gone wrong in my previous losses so I can do all the right things this time. I mean I know most of the time miscarriages aren't preventable and are just a result of a bad genetic combination or something. But it still makes me feel better to think I have some control over how things go this time.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Crashing the thread to say:

@NamelessAria I see you and those betas, girl!
  • heath313heath313 member
    edited September 2016
    I'm a panicking mess.

my first pregnancy (2012) I found out at my 8 week ultrasound that I had a blighted ovum. I had to wait a week, rescan,  wait to miscarry, didn't and then opted for a D&C.

I've had two normal pregnancies since, but I still feel in that constant state of overanalyzing every symptom or lack thereof. 

My sons also have HFM and I was a little paranoid about that. On Monday they tested my HCG levels and did a coxsackie test (I came down with a rash too). They tested my levels again Wednesday and they went from 575 to 1125. I just need to get through the next week and a half to my ultrasound on 10/11. Hoping for a good one.

• NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited September 2016
    @health313 I'm sorry it's been so hard for you. I totally get that. I've definitely been stuck in the "overanalyzing every symptom or lack thereof." I've been having mild cramping/pulling/stretching feelings and I'm thinking "Is this bad? Should I not be having any cramping at all? I'd feel better if this stopped!" but then it got better and mostly went away for a day and I panicked like "What if that was my uterus stretching to prepare for pregnancy. Do I not need it to anymore because the pregnancy isn't going to work out? I'd feel so much better if the crampy stretching feeling came back!"

PGAL is really a horrible mindfuck, for lack of a better term.

Have all the hugs. 

ETA: You beta numbers look great!

BabyFruit Ticker

• My WTF is WTF is up with the new popup adds in the right corner? Why is that a thing on TheBump now? I wouldn't mind the adds so much if they didn't keep crashing shockwave on my browser. But they do and it's really annoying.

BabyFruit Ticker

• email2ashemail2ash member
    edited September 2016

My beta from yesterday morning was 51 HCG at 3 weeks 4 days. That is in the normal range so far. Back in tomorrow morning!

• @email2ash thats awesome that you can go in on saturday for a redraw! I just got my beta from yesterday back too. 56 at 3 weeks 6 days and progesterone of 23.8. The nurse was pleased with the numbers and I'm going back on Monday for a recheck. It's at least some piece of mind before the weekend.
  • @MKRLTX Yes! I am lucky, the lab is open Saturday and Sunday mornings 8:30-12:30pm. I will have to wait for the results on Monday morning though. Good luck to us both :)
  • @email2ash 51 at 3w4d is good. :)

For anyone who is interested there is a great website where actual women have been entering their beta numbers so you can get a good idea of what is "normal." It's called BetaBase. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria I am going to check it out!!
  • Got my betas today! 1738 at what I think is 4w5d.  I'm getting a redraw at the hospital on Sunday. Since it is higher I don't think it will double all the way by then but hoping for a large increase! 

Take that bitchy nurses lol. 
  • @JessyKV Aw congratulations! It must be so satisfying to have proof that rude nurse was wrong about it being leftover hormone from your loss. Ya know, that and just being pregnant again I'm sure is great. :) Yay! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria Thank you for the link to Betabase. That is super helpful and eases my mind knowing I'm right at the median. I know the doubling is actually what matters but it helps with the wait until Tuesday. 

• I know it's still a little early but not having symptoms makes me uneasy.  I've felt a little hungrier and possibly tired but I have 2 toddlers so I'm always tired lol.  

Anyone wlse struggling with worry about no symptoms?
  • @JessyKV For what it's worth, which probably isn't a lot because of my history, I don't really have a lot of symptoms either. My nipples are a little sore off and more. They're fine during the day and start to hurt a little at night every night. I've been getting some super mild nausea at night but I'm fine all day. I'm a little more tired than normal and I'm still having some mild cramping/stretching feelings in my lower abdomen and pelvis. 

Other than that I feel totally normal. And most of those symptoms aren't even persistent. They're mild and they come and go. 

I'm only 4 weeks and I'm already over being in the first trimester. It's such a mindfuck, especially after loss. I've found that I'm swinging wildly between being sure this is finally my take-home baby and being terrified it'll be another loss.

I wish I had some better answers on how to deal with it all but I have no idea. Just know that you're not alone in how you're feeling.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks! I feel so weird wishing I felt like crap more lol.  But I know it's completely normal to not have a ton of symptoms this early.  

Ive also had moments where I felt slightly nauseous or like I could smell everything but then it goes away.  

Im with you on the mindfuck and just wishing away first tri.  I'd like to see that sweet little heartbeat then be 13 weeks like tomorrow.  
  • @JessyKV I wish I was feeling like crap too.  I think it would ease my mind quite a bit. Hopefully some will start popping up soon! 

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• @JessyKV I have thought the same, but I have always read that the majority of symptoms don't start for most women until about 6 weeks. The month of my loss I remember starting to get very tired and having sore boobs somewhere towards the end of the fifth week so I also think it's just a little early on. I'm sure that none of us will be feeling better until we see a heartbeat, and even then until we get out of the first tri.

@NamelessAria the feeling back and forth about being confident and optimistic and then terrified are a constant battle for me as well. Part of me truly believes that this one will be different, but the other part can't even handle the thought of getting my hopes up and being devastated again. 

When I went in for my beta the other day there was a woman in the waiting room crying and it brought back feelings that are still so painful. I obviously don't even know what she was there for, but of course my mind jumped right to me sitting there terrified four months ago. 

I'm sending positive thoughts in all of your directions. Hopefully this is it for all of us. 

• @JessyKV
    @NamelessAria
    @Yailani23

Don't know if this might alleviate some of the worry, although I know from personal experinece that worry is an emotion that can't be wished away by logic.  When I was pregnant with  my DS, who is currently 3 years old, I had NO symptoms pretty much my entire pregnancy.  I never was nauseous, no sore boobs, nothing.  I felt a little tired my first trimester but really the big belly and movement starting at 4-5 months were my only symptoms.  

Very normal to not have any and get a healthy baby although it still fucks with your mind.  Even though I know not having symptoms is normal for me I am STILL analyzing everything.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Thanks @kahlan82

This is my fourth pregnancy and I can't seem to remember the early weeks from my first two kiddos and when symptoms hit.  I do remember the super sore boobs before I even knew I was pregnant with my first.  I was still nursing when I got pregnant with my second so I didn't get the sore boobs again.  My nasuea has been very different both times too.  So ill be interested to see how this pregnancy goes.  I also still had symptoms up until my MC at 9 weeks with my last even though it stopped growing at 5ish weeks so I know symptoms don't always mean much :-(.  Total mind game! 

We are visiting my inlaws this weekend and I needed a second beta test today so I had my doctor fax the local hospital lab. Well they either didn't get the fax or misplaced it so when I went in this morning she took my blood but said she can't run it until she gets the orders from my doctor tomorrow.  Grr waiting! I'll definitely be stalking my phone and calling my doctor to get my numbers!! 
  • HookEmNelsonHookEmNelson member
    edited October 2016
    4th pregnancy - this is my 3rd within the past year.

How are you doing? Scared, but REALLY trying to stay optimistic.  I will feel so much more at ease once the next week happens.  I'll have blood work for some inside answers and precautions, and it will be the longest pregnancy I have had other than my first with my 5 yr old son. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Loving every symptom I am feeling.  The tender breasts, fatigue and slight nausea have been great to feel.

I have quite a few, but I'll start off with this one, because I'm just excited to be back on a BMB-please work-*EDITED bc it did not work, hah!
  • I am sick! I feel awful and just want to curl up into a ball but I'm so excited to be in the position.

no rant or rave but just want to say, stay positive! The first Tri for me is the hardest and the scariest part. 

I dont have a gif. I like a lot though. 

*BFP- Sept 2013*

*Ryder due June 1,2014*

BabyFetus Ticker

*Love of my Life*

image image

<3<3<3<3

• My beta from Saturday was 141 at 3 weeks, 6 days. I was 51 last Thursday so they were pleased with the jump. Back in today for another draw.

Do any of you have asthma? I've had a sever attack going on for the last few days when I hadn't used an inhaler in over a year. I'm wondering if it is pregnancy related.
  • @email2ash I have asthma. I noticed last year when I got pregnant I had an asthma flare. I didn't really have any more asthma than normal with my chemicals but I've definitely had trouble this time around.

I read somewhere that for some women asthma will worsen during pregnancy. I guess we're in that lucky group. :/

BabyFruit Ticker

• How are you doing? Nervous, anxious, mostly nauseated... REALLY nauseous.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:Rant: Stupid Dr. office not wanting to do my betas. Not looking forward to working until 1a.m. Hoping for good news!!! 

GTKY: What is your favorite gif? Any gif with cats in it. Lol
  • @NamelessAria ugh hopefully we will both clear up shortly! Not fun at all :(
  • NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited October 2016
    @Babybats62 I'm sorry you're not feeling well and your doctor is being frustrating over betas.

Here are some cat gifs to cheer you up!

Image result

Image result for cat smells foot gif

BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria and @email2ash I also have asthma and when I met with my OB prior to beginning to TTC to discuss my asthma medications he told me it goes one of two ways, some women have complete relief of symptoms during pregnancy and other women will find it much worse. Hopefully it will get better!!!
  • Anyone still POAS?  I have my morning routine and comparison happening for the 4th day in a row since we got that positive.  After the 2 losses, in the midst of waiting for beta results, I'm just trying to find comfort and hope.
  • Hi all!  New to this site, just got my BPF this morning after TTC for over a year.  I went to the specialist last Wednesday to start the process and BAM!  I am still in shock.. haha  

What does PGAL mean?

How are you doing?
     So far so good... I've peed like 6 times in the last 2 hours but very excited, so happy.  :-)

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: No rants right now, couldn't be happier.  Can't wait to tell hubby and the WHOLE WORLD!  lol

GTKY: What is your favorite gif?   What is GTKY?  New to the site so I dont really know yet I guess...