September 2015 Moms
Options

Slightly freaking out...

So I have an IUD in and we don't use any other protection. We've slipped a couple times. I had a period in August but since I've had my iud I haven't had periods regularly. Last weekend I did have some bleeding and spotting but it was light. Ive had a liytle bleeding today too after "fun stuff" last night. Im freaking out because for the past few days I've been feeling funny. I literally want to eat everything, I'm tired (not sleeping alot), and I'm having panic attacks. I am going back to work in just over a week so I'm really nervous and anxious about that. I'm stressed because I can't find daycare for my little guy either. I've had some minor pains where my c section scar area is too. We have been travelling alot which is stressful and not healthy food wise as well always grab stuff on the road. 

Last night I had some pains in my stomach like I had right before I found out I was pregnant with my LO. But there was alot of nausea before as well and I could barely eat. None of that right now.

Could I be pregnant? Or is it all just stress and hormones from anxiety and going back to work? 

We can't afford another baby right now. We are trying to pay off debts and I'm the only one with a steady income. I haven't even told DH that I'm freaking out. I don't want him mad or upset at me. I know we should use other protection but usually we are in the heat of the moment. Any ladies have any advice? 

Re: Slightly freaking out...

• Options
    Why would you use a second form of protection with an IUD? The IUD prevents pregnancy all by its self.
  • Options
    What type of IUD do you have? Some IUDs can cause you not to have a period. I also agree with the pp above. I never used any other form of bc when I had my IUD. As long as it's in place it should be effective on its own. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the Jaydess or known as Skyla in the US. 
  • Options
    I had a similar thing this week and just took a test this morning (neg). I have paraguard so.i thought it was unlikely, but my tummy has popped out the last two weeks like I'm second trimester or something! I'm also really stressed out about life and have been totally emotional and tired. And apparently I'm just getting fat!

I wouldnt freak out, you shouldn't have to back up an iud, they are very reliable. Just get an .89$ test to be sure tomorrow and try to figure out what you can do to help your situation feel less stressful. I'm sure you'll be fine! 
  • Options
    Don't want to freak you out but I got pregnant with DD while I had an IUD 3 months after placement. I was having light spotting and assumed my body was still adjusting. It wasn't until I started feeling very sick and went to the dr thinking I had a stomach bug that I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. The only way you're going to know is by taking test!!! Good luck!
  • Options
    Take the test just for some peace of mind, but IUD's are supposed to be one of the most effective forms out there. 
  • Options
    Don't want to freak you out but I got pregnant with DD while I had an IUD 3 months after placement. I was having light spotting and assumed my body was still adjusting. It wasn't until I started feeling very sick and went to the dr thinking I had a stomach bug that I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. The only way you're going to know is by taking test!!! Good luck!
    I've had mine in since January and when I saw my OB in May he said it was still in place and perfectly fine. I will definitely take a test though! Thank you! 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I'm pretty sure it's just the stress of going back to work that's making me feel yucky. But I will likely be taking a test! 
  • Options
    Hormonal IUD's stop your period for most women, but there can be a lot of "period weirdness" in the first year especially. I have had mine since September or October of last year (my little guy was one of our preemies), and I still have occasional but infrequent spotting. I do however get period symptoms still a lot of months. Before baby I had pretty much symptom-less periods, but now I can tell when it would happen. I even get some of the odd pains I had in early pregnancy! Even though there are some exceptions, IUD's are highly effective, so it's probably just some funky hormones!