TTC after 35

TWW: Sept 26 - Oct 2

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! 

If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!

Re: TWW: Sept 26 - Oct 2

• I'm 9 DPO - AF due Saturday.  I'm a spotter so if I start spotting in a couple days I'll know I'm out.  Honestly I think I'm already out.  I don't have any symptoms or maybe I'm not paying attention to them.  

We were BD a couple nights ago and my mind was in a really negative spot so I couldn't shake it and said something stupid that ruined the mood.  Well I realized while telling myself to not think I'm pregnant unless I get the same symptoms I did with DD it in fact made a TON of negative thoughts enter my brain and that was not good.  I'm trying to find a nice balance of not being negative and not be too positive lol.  A yoga workshop I went to over the weekend helped pull me out of it.

I bought a bbt thermometer at Target yesterday and downloaded the FF app.  I plan on temping in October.  I think it would make me feel better knowing I actually ovulate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @vlagrl29 TTC is a roller coaster, allow yourself some room for negativity, but then let it pass. I think most of us on here have had some "mood ruining" conversations with our SOs, so don't feel too bad, it definitely seems normal :) 

I'm on CD24/11dpIUI. Two more days till AF should arrive.

So far no new pre-AF symptoms other than some, barely noticeable, pelvic aches/cramps (I feel like I could be making them up to be honest) and last night at work EVERY patient I had smelled terrible, but when I mentioned the "foot smell" in a room to a co-worker they didn't smell it. Again, though, I've literally had every pregnancy symptom imaginable in previous waits, so I'm not putting much stock in any of that. Just hoping AF stays away! 

I'm too nervous to test yet. If AF doesn't show by Friday or Saturday I will test. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • FX that AF stays away from you both! @PoeMasque the terrible patient smell sounds awful! And to think I complain when a coworker heats fish in the microwave...
  • @vlagrl29 sounds like a good plan with the thermometer and downloading FF. I need to start temping too. This morning my OPK died literally when yesterday was my first blinking smiley. Nooooo!!!!! Talk about frustrated, I wish I had been temping to have a backup plan in case buying a new OPK in the midst of this doesn't pick up O.
  • @Momifbysea oh no! That sucks about your opk. I've been trying to read some tutorials about charting so I can be ready. I still don't feel much symptoms and barely any CM so that's not comforting to me. I've been reading about maca root and how it helps men's sperm. I plan on making sure dh takes it every day. Lol. 

@PoeMasque I hope AF stays away from you too and those gross smells are a symptom for you.
  • Speaking of opks I just talked to a friend last weekend who told me she never got the smile face and ended up pregnant. They may not always work maybe. I use clear blue easy and have only ever got 1 solid smile face a month the last 2 months. Never heard of a blinky face.
  • MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited September 2016
    @vlagrl the clear blue advanced digital that gives you your 4 best days gives the blinking smily for estrogen surge ( high fertility) and then a solid smily for a straight 48 hours upon LH surge (peak fertility). It costs more but I justified that at my age I can't mess around so the 4 best days are what I need (plus the less RE bills the better if there's any way that the OPK could speed along our success rate or at least improve our odds...).
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited September 2016
    @Momifbysea oh that would explain it.  I don't have the advanced.  I may try it.  I always get the smile on CD 14 or 15 so I don't usually start testing until CD 11.  That makes 1 box last 2 maybe 3 months which makes it more affordable.

Just started spotting this morning :(  I'm ok though as I was kinda expecting it.  I had my smile face when DH was out of town that weekend and was super tired when he came home so  BD didn't happened for me on CD 15 or 16.  Onto Cycle 5 - I hope this is the cycle or I'll be calling my OB in prep for cycle 6.  Talked to DH and he's totally fine taking the Maca Root for his fertility - I just need to remind him every day to take it.  I need to find out how many mg he should be taking.  I'm actually looking forward to temping so I can figure out my cycle more in depth.
  • @vlagrl29 sorry about the spotting :(

i caved. I had a huge amount of cm this morning with just a hint of pink in it and those "maybe I'm making them up" cramps were definitely real today, but nothing compared to what I usually get when AF starts. All day I've been starving, having hot flashes, bloaty, and had a headache. I couldn't take the limbo, so I bought a FRER and came up with a BFN. I'm 12dpIUI, so not really holding out much hope at this point. 

We will be out of town during FW next month, so no IUI again until November boo. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque sorry that sucks! Luckily I don't think dh will be out of town this month. I'm hoping the reason we haven't got pregnant yet is because of the stress he is under finishing his studio. This month should be less stressful for him as it's almost over. I let these horrible thoughts enter my mind like secondary infertility and start to get paranoid.
  • Thanks ladies. Looks like IUI#1 didn't work. CD1 today. :( 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque so sorry to hear! Here's to next cycle. And maybe a glass of vino?
  • So sorry @PoeMasque. Best of luck on your next IUI.
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @PoeMasque  sorry your out this month.  My CD 1 should be either tomorrow or Saturday.  Hopefully next month is better for the both of us.
  • well I decided to stop taking Maca yesterday.  I think it might be messing with my flow.  I've been spotting now for 5 days.  AF should have been here today at the latest. I should have woke up with painful cramps this morning like I always do.  I did have very dark brown spotting this morning and a little crampy but nothing to take a pain pill over.  I was looking forward to temping this month so I could confirm O with my opk positive stick.  This is kinda frustrating to say the least.  I'm only going to take my prenatal from now on.  I will put DH on vitamins this month.
  • @vlagrl29 did you take a test? Maybe AF isn't going to come? 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque  I did yesterday and it was negative.  I got AF this morning but with zero cramps.  I'm just happy that it came and I can get on to temping.  spotting 5 days before is not normal for me.  Usually I just spot a couple days.
  • @vlagrl29 that is super frustrating, I'm sorry to hear. And I didn't realize the maca root could affect that, good to know. Here's to next cycle!
  • Neither did I. I  decided to stop taking it because I do have a very predictable cycle and I don't want it messed with.  I did however start giving them to DH today.  They are supposed to  increase sperm and better their motility.