October 2016 Moms

Symptoms Thread 9/26

Re: Symptoms Thread 9/26

• Thanks for the advice ladies! It didn't seem crazy high except for the fact that I run so low. No headache right now and I haven't noticed any vision problems or swelling.

I did finally put in a call in to my doctors office but they basically just said to come in to L&D if I think my symptoms warrant that. And for whatever reason I just can't get thru to L&D right now to see what they say. If I was considering having more children, I would definitely NOT use Henry Ford for my prenatal care again. I'm getting fed up with the constant run around.

I do have an appt first thing tomorrow morning, so I'm going to rest and will definitely bring it up then. But I'll keep an eye out for the symptoms you guys mentioned, especially if those headaches come back.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Just to echo others, my doctor said 140/90 is high, and it counts if either of those numbers is high. 

• Loading the player...
  • My doctor was more worried about the bottom number- she didn't like when it was above 90. 
  • @ibabyloveb87 maybe try a maternity belt. I had excrutiating RLP a few weeks back and I got a maternity belt to help. Not sure if the pain would have just gone away on its own and the belt just had a placebo effect. But either way it can't hurt. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Not sure if this is a pregnancy symptom or a sign of something wrong, but I feel like I have something stuck in my vagina.  It feels a little like when I put a tampon in but don't get it high enough and it irritates me.  I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I can ask about it then, but it's pretty uncomfortable.
  • @NicholeL16 Ha!  I thought it was an air bubble, but it's been bothering me for two days now (and I've taken two showers and wiped a bunch of times).  I know it's not, but I want it to be the feeling of my cervix being dilated to like 8 so labor isn't so difficult.
  • oh gosh @nicholeL16  I just laughed so hard I almost spilled my coffee. hahaha
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • @ignoscemihi - I had that feeling in my butt (tmi) for a week and then a hemmerhoid popped up and the feeling went away and was replaced by hemmerhoid pain. I read you can also get hemmerhoid type things in the V. Maybe it's that? Boy, isn't pregnancy sexy?

@krzyriver - I would be so pissed if my OB office gave me that answer! It is a tangible number...I would think a doctor could easily look at that number and your normal numbers and tell if it's worth concern or not without you having to come in. That's annoying!
  • Ok ladies someone help me out with my gross question... this morning when I went to the bathroom I had a lot of discharge, even more than usual for pregnancy, and it was pink tinted.  I did get a cervical exam yesterday afternoon at my appointment.  I didn't spot after that at all, but the doctor said that was common.  I guess my question is ... if this was my bloody show, how would I know it from regular discharge with spotting?  Help this clueless FTM out here!
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• LMAO @NicholeL16 that was great!!!  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• This is my strangest one yet- my hands are hot. There's no tingling or anything else; they're just hot. I first noticed it yesterday around lunch and they haven't cooled off since. I feel like the Human Torch... 

Are they hot to the touch or do they just feel like they're hot? I have no idea if it's the same cause but my right foot feels hot, I'm blaming it on a pinched nerve in my back. Oh how the joys continue.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86 Now that one has me stumped! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @LGW2015 - They're hot to the touch and feel hot. It's so weird!

@ibabyloveb87 - Ikr? Dr. Google said it could be linked to carpal tunnel, but I don't have any other carpal tunnel symptoms, so I'm not sure if that's it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @strickland8052 I was thinking it is probably swelling of some sort.  Ugh, I hope it's not hemorrhoid-like.  That'll make giving birth even more painful.
  • @strickland8052 Thank you!! I don't understand why they always tell me this. What's the point of me even calling when that's the answer I always get?! Grrrr! Lol

I did mention my BP to my doc today. It was normal this morning, so she told me to just keep an eye on it. Anything 140 or highe, get to L&D right away. So now I get to monitor my BP daily. Yay? Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @krzyriver - Glad you got to speak to your doctor. Good to keep an eye on! I go after work every night to my local drug store and check mine. I know external factors can raise your BP. I would try a reading and then wait 10 minutes sitting quietly and try again if it seems elevated. However, my OB told me that the normal ranges for hypertension still apply even during the last months of pregnancy: Normal=<120/80  Prehypertension=120-139/80-89 and anything above that is no bueno! =)

@Blonde1817 - Usually I have brown/pink tinted discharge anywhere from 0-48 hours after a cervical exam. Bloody show normally is thick and really snotty (yummy!)

@ignoscemihi - LOL! Google footling breach...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I had both the flu and tdap yesterday and then threw up a bunch this morning. Is the first time I've thrown up in months 

• Random, but my feet have been itchy. A girl at work said it meant labor soon, but who knows!
  • Hand falls asleep. Wakes me up in the early morning hours and I can't fall back asleep.
  • @UFJen Mine have been too! Mostly at night, and it's the bottom of them. I've never heard that before but I'll go with it! 
  • @UFJen @ibabyloveb87  +1 on the super itchy feet.  My coworker said its from the skin stretching from the swelling. I think I like your explanation better, come on labor. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86 My hands have been super hot too, drives me nuts!  I love sticking them under cold running water, it feels glorious.  My fingers have been looking a little puffy to me, so maybe it's something to do with that, who knows?

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @Alikvasnok I can't tell if that's adorable or disgusting.  I guess freaky would be the best descriptor.

I went to the doctor today and it turns out I'm dilated 4 cm, so I'm just going to pretend that I'm so in tune with my body that I could feel it.  Even though it's probably just swelling.
  • +1 to pressure and again to headaches I keep telling myself 1 week to our due date.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's a good thing my hand is completely numb from carpel tunnel because I just poured boiling water on it directly from the kettle  :s

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• MRSCORKER said:
    It's a good thing my hand is completely numb from carpel tunnel because I just poured boiling water on it directly from the kettle  :s
    Oh no! Ouch!
  • Had a ton of what I think were just BH last night, up until now I haven't had too many of those, at least that I was aware of. They were happening really frequently but would go away when I got up and moved. Practice away uterus!
  • I was up every few hours last night with Braxton Hicks/contractions. They were painful enough that they woke me up each time, so who knows. Only 36 weeks tomorrow, so we'll see. I just got to my desk at work and feel like I've run a marathon, having a few more BH and a headache. And, I have FIVE meetings today. I just want to go home to bed.

So... exhausted... :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @ibabyloveb87 & @BabySunshine4 I know I hadnt heard that either, but I will take anything at this point. I am ready to get this labor party started!
  • I feel like I got kicked in the vag HARD! It's so painful!!!  :s

Find out how big this baby boy is at 230 ... I'm saying 7 lbs! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @sportiegrl1213 "Loving" the finding out his size part, not the vag kicks ;) 
  • @sportiegrl1213 I want to know so bad how big Baby B is!! Let us know- I hope he's just perfect! 
  • So I have my first hemorrhoid - I thought I was home free. The day before my c section no less. Any who, should I go out and buy something for it or wait till tomorrow when I am at the hospital to bring it up and maybe they can treat it? It does hurt, but not unbearable since I have inly had it since yesterday and seems to be just one. Never had one before, do they go away fairly quick?
  • @littlewillie2016 I would treat it now. The pain meds from the c section will constipate you and irritate it more. Preparation H is good cause it will reduce the swelling and tucks pads will be helpful too. You don't want it to get worse.

i had a hemmroid with my last pregnancy and it took almost 6 months for it to heal properly and stop popping up. This pregnancy I haven't felt any external hemmroids but I have been constipated and had a little bleeding when going so I am assuming I've had an internal one. 
  • ibabyloveb87ibabyloveb87 member
    edited September 2016
    @sportiegrl1213 Yay Tommy!! Big babies sleep better suppposedly?? I'm assuming Baby B will be 8-9 based on family history... 
  • @ibabyloveb87 that's what I hear! My DH was 10lbs!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @sportiegrl1213 Don't stress too much! My DS was 8 lbs, 14 oz and I delivered him pretty easily.

Now....he didn't sleep better, but that's a story for another day. :#
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers