May 2017 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change for Due Dates 5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23 & 5/30

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What fad do you wish would come back? Which do you feel should stay gone forever?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change for Due Dates 5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23 & 5/30

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    9 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Cherry

Appointments this week? 
    None this week

Symptoms?
    Hungry and tired

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Just waiting for next week after u/s to start telling people

GTKY: What fad do you wish would come back? Which do you feel should stay gone forever?
    Scrunchies should totally make a come back! Tattoo choker necklaces should stay gone forever!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7 weeks

How big is baby? Blueberry

Appointments this week? None, I had my first appt and scan last week which confirmed my due date.

Symptoms? Nausea and exhaustion. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I hate my nausea comes and goes, I have good days and bad days... Today is a bad day. 

GTKY: What fad do you wish would come back? Which do you feel should stay gone forever?
    I secretly wish perms would come back. If only you didn't end up with frizzy hair. And I totally agree with the tattoo chokers. One of my co-workers was wearing one the other day and I cringed.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    7 weeks

How big is baby? 
    blueberry

Appointments this week? 
    My first appointment is a week from today! :) 

Symptoms?
    I am up for several hours during the night and take a long nap while DS does during the day. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I had a KILLER sinus infection last week and took an antibiotic to clear it up. That led to... (drumroll) a YEAST INFECTION!!!! I am dying here. I told my husband that if I set my vajayjay on fire, I think it would preferable to how it currently feels down there. 

I don't know if this is a 'fad' but I wish it would be cool to be pale again (you know... like it was in the olden days). 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6 weeks!

How big is baby? sweet pea :)

Appointments this week? Nothing until next month.  I can't wait and am trying not to be anxious.  

Symptoms?  tender breasts; some nausea.  

Rant/Rave/Questions?  I did something crazy to my back almost two weeks ago and have been in pain and haven't been able to work out since.  Since Ibuprofen is a no no and I'm also not wanting to do Tylenol this early, I've been just dealing with the pain.  I saw a doctor on Friday who referred me to a physical therapist, who I'll see later this week, so I'm hoping to get some relief finally and maybe even get back to the gym.  

GTKY: What fad do you wish would come back? Which do you feel should stay gone forever?  I kind of like the 90s flannel look I've been seeing lately, although I wasn't old enough to do it the first time.  
    Married 10 years.  1 DD (5 y/o).  Thrilled to be pregnant with LO#2 after almost 3 years of trying:  due May 2017

• Options
    CarmCeGCarmCeG member
    edited September 2016
    How far along are you? 
    I am nine weeks today!
    How big is baby? 
    Cherry
    Appointments this week? 
    Not this week, but next Monday I have my first US & I am very excited!!! :)
    Symptoms?
    I just have sore breasts.
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Have any of you started buying baby stuff? This will be my first baby and I just had to buy these adorable bibs at Babys R us. :D
    Hmm not sure about this one,,, I'll get back to you on this one haha

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    6 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Sweet pea

Appointments this week? 
    Still need to schedule mine! Getting anxious 

Symptoms?
    Tender breasts (mostly just in the am), slight pressure/cramping, lots of bloating 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Does anyone know if urgent care facilities can do ultrasounds on request if you're having troubling symptoms? Or do you have to go to a maternity center? 

Mullets can stay gone for the rest of time 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5 weeks

How big is baby? Appleseed

Appointments this week? None

Symptoms? A little nausea, crampy, a lot exhausted, moody

Rant/Rave/Questions? My PGAL brain is going insane. Today I had a couple of sharp cramps and now I am stressed out hardcore. :(

GTKY: What fad do you wish would come back? Which do you feel should stay gone forever? I wish Tamagatchis would come back and be as popular as they were. I would like bleached hair (especially tips with the spiky gel) to be gone forever.
    Me: 25 | DH: 24
    Married: 06/14/14
    Fur Babies: Samara (Lab) & Akiva (Pom)
    Foster Parents
    MC: 8/18/2016
  • Options
    How far along are you- 6weeks! 
    Baby is a sweet pea. 
    Appointments- nope, not until next month! So long to wait! 
    Symptoms- nausea, total exhaustion, some headaches. 
    Rants/raves/questions- none that I can think of.
    GTKY- fad I wish would come back- 
    fad that should stay gone forever- 
    um... I don't really know? I'm one of those people who wears whatever they want to and doesn't really notice if it is in style or not- I guess that's what comes of hanging out almost exclusively with artists and children? 

@starphish18 I'm pretty sure that the ER is a better option than urgent care if you're having troubling symptoms. (Although I guess that probably varies somewhat based on where you are.) It is cheaper (at least with my insurance) to go to the OB with troubling symptoms if they are open at that time. 
    @CarmCeG  this is my third and I've already bought an adorable fox outfit (which makes no sense as we have tons of baby clothes!) and a ridiculously soft blanket with hot air balloons on it! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9 weeks (I had been approximating my conception date bc my cycles are so inconsistent, but was confirmed at exactly 9 weeks today! So I'll be staying with you wonderful Tuesday ladies.)

How big is baby? Cherry

Appointments this week? First ultrasound today with heartbeat of 174!

Symptoms? Nausea/dry heaving (although not near as bad since I take prenatals with dinner now), food aversions, fatigue, acne, mild mood swings.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm so incredibly grateful to have had a good ultrasound today. I feel like I can stop holding my breath so to speak. Now we're anxious to start telling our families! We're planning on telling the in-laws this weekend and then driving up to OH to tell my folks next weekend.

GTKY: What fad do you wish would come back? I really love 60s-70s era fashion - mod makeup, fringe, bell bottoms, whatever. I'm hoping that more contemporary versions of these things will cycle back through soon.
    Which do you feel should stay gone forever? 
    I don't really know. I think fads are fun in the sense that they often seen so ridiculous in hindsight.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    8 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Raspberry/jelly bean...though I don't see how those are the same size
    Appointments this week? 
    Nope, but finally got an orientation still not an appointment scheduled yet for October 11th. Hopefully they can see me soon. 
    Symptoms?
    The super smell has gone even more into overdrive
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    My husband has decided that the animated little baby on the Glow app at this stage looks like an elephant seal. 

Come back? Not sure. But ponchos should stay gone. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    8 weeks

How big is baby? 
    raspberry 

Appointments this week? 
    first appt and us tomorrow! Finally!

Symptoms?
    increased nausea, boob tenderness, and very fatigued 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

I wish something like beanie babies would come back,  I loved collecting them. I agree that the bleached hair and tips can stay gone.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6 weeks

How big is baby? Sweet pea/lentil!

Appointments this week? Nothing until October 18 at 9 weeks...seems like forever away!

Symptoms? The only symptom I've really had so far is sore/bigger boobs, although that seems to come and go (at least in severity). I've had some fatigue and minor food aversions, but those were common for me pre-pregnancy.

Rant/Rate/Questions? I've been a little worried about the minimal symptoms--along with some mild, sharp pains down low (but they're really more toward the, um, back end...TMI...so hopefully it's not a big deal! Has anyone else had this?). But it has been reassuring to read everyone else's symptoms and know that there is such a wide range. Not sure how I'm going to wait until October 18 to find out if everything is going okay. (Related rant: How did summer pass SO QUICKLY but now the past week has felt like a year??? :|)

GTKY: What fad do you wish would come back? Which do you feel should stay gone forever? For some reason the only fads I can think of right now are Tamagotchis, stretchy erasers (best thing ever!), and Lisa Frank folders. Not saying that these should come back or stay away, but they are fun to reminisce about!

@jlskaden, I wish Beanie Babies would come back but somehow be really rare, so the massive collection I have could actually be worth something ;) (other than sentimental value and memories with my mom, of course!)

And @babs02, I have a perm! With fairly/non-tight curls, so no frizz. My hair is naturally straight, mousy, and baby-fine, and I could never get it to do anything...so I started getting a perm 10 years ago and never looked back! Now I just towel dry it and move on with my life. Most people are surprised if they find out. (My first thought when I saw today's prompt was that someone was going to hate on perms, haha...so it was nice to see one in the "good" category :))
  • Options
    I am 6w2d

Baby is the size of a sweet pea

I had an appointment on Monday to follow up on a scare I had last week and I got an ultrasound with that visit. I posted the pix in the ultrasound thread. I have another appointment on October 10th which was supposed to be my 1st appointment and I think I will get another ultrasound on that day.

Symptoms this week include being nausea almost all day and extremely tired by 1pm

I want to complain about feeling nausea all day, but given my last situation, I will take this any day.

I don't have anything for fads. 

• Options
    Hey ladies! Moving over to this ticker change group because my due date shifted a bit after my dating ultrasound yesterday (long cycles, so I had a feeling this would happen!).

How far along are you? 8 weeks 1 day. 

How big is baby? According to my ticker, a peanut M&M!

Appointments this week? I had my dating ultrasound yesterday (saw a heartbeat and some tiny spurting hands and legs--it was pretty awesome!) and met with my Maternal Fetal Medical doctor. I had a few complications with my last pregnancy, so just getting all of the precautionary stuff set up. 

Symptoms? TIRED, a bit nauseous (especially in the morning), sore boobs, crabby...I'm trying to control my mood swings but it's tough some days. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? No questions, just rants...got my flu shot yesterday and my arm hurts SO BAD today. I couldn't sleep on that side last night...just awful. Also, I have to start 2x daily Lovenox shots today for the balance of the pregnancy. I had to do that last go around, too, and expected it, but still not thrilled to start poking myself with needles every morning and night. 

GTKY: What fad do you wish would come back? I really can't think of anything...I feel like every trend has made it's way back into fashion lately. But the latest trends making a comeback that I'm thrilled about are: mock turtlenecks, suede 70's esque boots, platform fashion sneakers, and velvet! It's a mini 90s revival!  Which do you feel should stay gone forever? Ugg boots and early 2000's sloppy/trashy fashion...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    onebadmothaonebadmotha member
    edited September 2016
    How far along are you? 6 weeks (ish...still guessing on exact date, but I'm sticking with Tuesday as well)

How big is baby? Nerd

Appointments this week? None- ultrasound 2 weeks from today though! 

Symptoms? Nausea, acne, sore boobs, tired...pregnancy is so glamorous :)

Rant/Rave/Questions? Not really. I did manage to find something I can tolerate for breakfast! Toast with cream cheese and strawberry jam....mmmmm. Now I want more of that. 

GTKY: What fad do you wish would come back? Definitely Lisa Frank. I'm an attorney, and I definitely think the courtroom could use a few more brightly colored unicorn folders.

I'm not sure it's 100% gone yet, since I still see it far too often...but the Bieber hair cut. I can't even describe how much I hate it. If you have to continuously swing your hair out of your eyes, you need to reconsider your life choices. Also, JNCO jeans.

Edited: I skipped a question :)
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    How far along are you? 6 weeks + 1 day

How big is baby? Sweetpea

Appointments this week? I wish! Still waiting for Oct 14th. 

Symptoms? Mild nausea with some dry heaving (hooray!!), swelling boobs, and raging exhaustion. Emotions have had their days too, but life as also had a few lemons recently, so I can't completely pin this on pregnancy. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? H&M just opened near us and I love there kids clothes! Little man looked so hip grocery shopping on Friday! And the adjustable waist on the pants is, oh, so great! 

GTKY: What fad do you wish would come back? I am having the hardest time thinking of something. I guess I am happy that Mid-Century furniture has been making a comeback for a while. I love me some straight lines, pretty wood, and nice legs!

Velvet wallpaper and bead curtains. Also fuzzy toilet seat covers. Gross!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It was my birthday yesterday so I'm only now catching up on The Bump...

How far along are you? 
    8 weeks

How big is baby? 
    raspberry or wild strawberry

Appointments this week? 
    first appt was today! Measuring revealed a 2 day difference (less) so sticking with LMP date of 5/9! Only good news - 1 baby, with a strong heartbeat and a good amount of fluid in the sac!

Symptoms?
    nausea occurring at night now but seems to be easing up a bit (knock on wood), a little bump in breast size (woo!), and fatigue seems to be easing up a bit as well. I'm finally not just wanting potato-related food!

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

No fad in particular to return but I wish all this crazy slang, such as "cray cray" would no longer exist!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    Squirtgun said:
    How far along are you- 6weeks! 
    Baby is a sweet pea. 
    Appointments- nope, not until next month! So long to wait! 
    Symptoms- nausea, total exhaustion, some headaches. 
    Rants/raves/questions- none that I can think of.
    GTKY- fad I wish would come back- 
    fad that should stay gone forever- 
    um... I don't really know? I'm one of those people who wears whatever they want to and doesn't really notice if it is in style or not- I guess that's what comes of hanging out almost exclusively with artists and children? 

@starphish18 I'm pretty sure that the ER is a better option than urgent care if you're having troubling symptoms. (Although I guess that probably varies somewhat based on where you are.) It is cheaper (at least with my insurance) to go to the OB with troubling symptoms if they are open at that time. 
    @CarmCeG  this is my third and I've already bought an adorable fox outfit (which makes no sense as we have tons of baby clothes!) and a ridiculously soft blanket with hot air balloons on it! 
    I want to buy one of those cute teddy bear outfits, but my SO insists I wait to start splurging haha

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker