April 2017 Moms

BTDT Moms - how are LOs reacting?

2»

Re: BTDT Moms - how are LOs reacting?

• @pammasu0909 we love Daniel Tiger over here too!  We saved those episodes til now, which helped I think!  DD does keep asking if the baby in my tummy is Margaret, lol!

Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • My DS turns 2 next month but we'll wait as long as possible to tell him to maximize the chances of him actually getting it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well I've taken some blows to the belly from my nearly two year old, but I'd say they're unrelated to his sibling growing there. I'd say he's blissfully unaware, but we're starting to talk about it more and I'm sure he'll be more curious as my belly grows and starts to move.
  • @cafedisco, sorry, I'm just now seeing this!  No, as of right now I'm on team green!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • runningpenguin said:
    DS just put the baby in time out so I think things are going well. 
     :D  :D:D That is absolutely hilarious.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • I told my 2yo and 10m, lol, they can't repeat it yet so it's safe.  Haven't told my 6 and 4yo because they can't keep a secret and we haven't told people yet
  • My 6 yo asked me at 9 wks if I was growing a baby. She is intuitive so I wasn't surprised. I had promised myself I would tell her the truth when she asked, so I did. She is thrilled! She told a bunch of teachers and kids at school. She hopes for a brother.

My 3 yo found out later that same week bc DH had to bring her to my u/s appt. she is really excited. She hopes for a sister.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • My 4 year old is excited, but she wants a brother.. apparently his name will be "Walker Gustavo (Lastname)" (no idea where that came from!) And if you ask her what happens if it's a girl.. she "doesn't want to talk about it" so I'll update her reaction when we find out the sex!
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17