Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Sunday

2»

Re: WTO Sunday

• Options
    dirty lurker here, but for once I think I can chime in with a helpful answer -

@adirat
    I was in a very similar boat - after three months of trying I realised that my luteal phase was very short and mentioned it to my OB-GYN at my regular checkup. She prescribed progesterone (Arefam 200mg, once a day for 10 days post O, then stop if BFN and wait for AF) and in the first cycle that I took it my LP went up to 14 days. I experienced no side effects whatsoever! (Maybe TMI - I take them vaginally, according to my doc that can make a difference.)
  • Options
    @lokkun Thank you! That's really helpful. Did you usually get PMS symptoms before taking it? I never really do (just cramps occasionally the day before, usually day of) so I'm wondering if maybe I shouldn't worry about side effects? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @adirat I never noticed any PMS symptoms before TTC and during TTC I think it was mostly symptom spotting (slight nausea and cramps). I usually spot for several days before AF but obvs not while on progesterone. This is all anecdata of course, just wanted to let you know that it doesn't have to be horrible. 
  • Options
    @lokkun I also have been spotting for 2 days before AF except this past cycle. This is really helpful. Thank you.

• Options
    adiratadirat member
    edited September 2016
    @lulu1180 Happy to help. I love honey in green tea. If you are looking into sweeteners, I was advised to avoid stevia as it may have contraceptive properties. The NIH only has studies in rats, not humans, but I'm avoiding it just in case the same is true of humans. A summary study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3198517/ cites this older study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10619379

• Options
    @leilac, thanks, I'll have to check those out! I normally don't have great luck with curvy either, but it's worth a shot! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Options
    @adirat so so many hugs to you! This can be such a discouraging process. I know I originally had dreams it would happen in Mayish if not before so that I could partake in a family vacation with at least a 3 month old. It's hard to adjust your dreams. All my ❤️

Month/Cycle: 2/2 TTC (4/5 total)

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: oh goodness everything

R/R: I've had watery or ewcm since last Sunday so my whole FF calendar is like green now. Still no CH so going keep HIO for apparently the rest of my life. 

CS/Q:

GTKY: What color are your nails? Do you paint them yourself or get them professionally done? I used to get my nails done pretty frequently but stopped because I like to change the color a lot and it just wasn't feesible. Currently my nails are bare and my toes are a light blue (bikini so teeny for any Essie fans)
  • Options
    @adirat: The PhD application deadlines are all in December, for Fall 2017 start.  If I didn't apply this time, I'd have to wait until next December... which if I end up not pregnant, pushes out a PhD program start from 2017 to 2018 for "no reason".  I guess all that adds up to meaning I should suck it up, snap out of my funk and apply -- and be making the IUI decision in the background of that.  (If the pregnancy was to happen, I may get a Ph.D. someday [though I'm not getting any younger], and I may just skip it, I'm honestly not sure.  I did a research-intensive Masters when my DS was tiny and it was HARD, not gonna lie).

@BertieMeetsGertie: I totally hear you!  I also have a Masters I got on the route to a Ph.D... but instead of applying to Ph.D. programs I took a teaching job, in part because I thought we were about to have a baby.  Now... the longer I'm away from research, the more torn I am about what I want.  You just need so much fire for it, you know?

@leilac: I'm so sorry you're having a rough day.  The groceries thing sounds like something I would do.  I swear this whole process just fries the brain.  I'm so distracted by TTC and grief sometimes, bleh.  Sending thoughts your way!  (The Ph.D. would be in computer science, by the way!)
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 10!

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, been charting for over a year, checking CM

R/R: currently on my honeymoon and should be ovulating on the last day. I keep telling DH that I feel like I've been trying for over 6 months, minus the unprotected sex part. This forum has been been a huge help and I feel like I've learned so much and become really in tune with my body and my fertile week and ovulation. So excited to finally be a part of the WTO group!

CS/Q:

GTKY: What color are your nails? Do you paint them yourself or get them professionally done?

I bought the Sally Hanson UV light kit so I can do shellac at home! So much easier. Currently a coral color on both.  

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3