Trouble TTC
Options

TTTC Checkin 09/20/2016

2»

Re: TTTC Checkin 09/20/2016

• Options
    @hoffmanr7  I'm so sorry for the BFN, we've been trying about the same number of cycles and it is so tiring... I'm sorry this month wasn't the month for you. I hope you can take some time this weekend to enjoy something you love and take your mind off of things.

@Labluver2 I'm sorry you have to abandon this cycle, you must be feeling discouraged. Hang in there, and remember that even though this is a small step backward overall you are moving closer to your goal :) 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    @Labluver2 so sorry to hear about the BFN :neutral: it can be so frustrating! 

As for me, 3rd IUI was a bust. Taking a break to see if we can get my short luteal phase figured out and try naturally for a bit. May try a naturopath since the RE didn't seem too invested in the outcomes. If not, I guess we start shopping for a new RE early next year? Ugh. At this point, I'm not sure I trust doctors to actually be able to figure out what's going on. Seems like it's been guesswork thus far. 

QOTW: I don't steal the pen at banks (mostly because I rarely go) but hotel pens are fair game! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. I'm not looking forward to doing the HSG test again. Trying to remain positive. FX for all of us!!!
  • Options
    clt2pwm11clt2pwm11 member
    edited September 2016
    @hoffmanr7 I'm so sorry. I felt the same way with each Clomid cycle. I'm just one of those women who don't respond to Clomid, but boy my body loves Letrozole! I hope you find what works soon.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @hoffmanr7

I am so sorry to hear about your BFN. I know it's hard and your thoughts / feelings are totally understandable. Treat yourself to something nice today to try and make you feel better

@Labluver2 - Sorry you have to abandon this cycle. FX for the next one.

Sending hugs
    Image result for hugs

Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @hoffmanr7 Everyone needs to vent sometimes, if you can't vent here where can you?  That's why this group is wonderful. 

Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• Options
    @hoffmanr7 we haven't been trying that long yet, but I've definitely had those thoughts exactly, especially when I have patients who are pregnant despite doing drugs, eating like crap, and knowing literally nothing about their bodies. why do those women get to be pregnant with no effort and I don't?! Its not fair. But, when I do get pregnant It will mean so much more to me and my partner than it possibly could to anyone who hasn't struggled. 

When I talk to other women who have struggled they get it. They understand it means more and it's really great to know they are there supporting and rooting for me. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    PoeMasque said:
    @hoffmanr7 we haven't been trying that long yet, but I've definitely had those thoughts exactly, especially when I have patients who are pregnant despite doing drugs, eating like crap, and knowing literally nothing about their bodies. why do those women get to be pregnant with no effort and I don't?! Its not fair. But, when I do get pregnant It will mean so much more to me and my partner than it possibly could to anyone who hasn't struggled. 

When I talk to other women who have struggled they get it. They understand it means more and it's really great to know they are there supporting and rooting for me. 
    I find myself constantly getting bogged down with thoughts like this. DH and I have been trying for three years..*TW* with one BFP that resulted in MC..and then I have multiple friends that got pregnant on accident or first try. 

@hoffmanr7 I feel the exact same way. Why is nothing we are doing working?!?!
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @hoffmanr7 @PoeMasque@SoonToBeMommaHowe I did the same thing after I got my BFN on Wednesday.  I said to my mom that there were murderers and rapists and drug addicts who were able to have kids no problem, and here I am 5 years later trying so hard and getting nowhere.  (I also said that I must be a really terrible person, in that case..  in my defense, I was extremely depressed)

TTC since 2011