October 2016 Moms

FFFC 09.23.16

2»

Re: FFFC 09.23.16

• LMNOBabyLMNOBaby member
    edited September 2016
    I started out my day by eating oreos before 8am. 
    @spaceburger You win Friday!
  • I want this baby to come out but at the same time I want my maternity leave to last through the holidays. So I hope he keeps cooking but my body is so tired.

THIS. This is exactly how I feel. Exhausted and uncomfortable, but I also want to be able to wait until 2017 to come back to work.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Loading the player...
  • MRSCORKER said:
    I'm not super worried about sharing a few pics on me/baby on here but for some reason it makes me STABBY to think that my MIL could share pics of my baby on FB. I'm going to have to have H monitor her like a hawk and keep that shit on lock down. I don't know what shady ass characters she's friends with! My worry is that H will go crazy and text a million pics a day and that they will all end up on FB without me knowing. One of the reasons I'm not on FB is because I don't want to share my life with her, even virtually. 
    This!! Haha I'm feeling the same way, my MIL already took one of the photos of the baby's nursery that I had shared on my fbook  (which I keep really private and know everyone I'm friends with on there) and shared it along with a post on how I'm 37 weeks now blah blah blah... it made me mad, it's like I don't know her friends and that's showing the inside of our home and that nursery was a product of OUR hardwork....irks me. I want to get off Facebook but I'm staying on there just to keep tabs for this kind of stuff.
  • @MRSCORKER I have all the same fears about my MIL. I posted this on another thread but she literally told H that the baby is "half hers". I just do not think she can even grasp the concept that she might have to respect any boundaries we set for things like social media so I am way more concerned about her oversharing than anyone else on the creepy internet.
  • @MRSCORKER @KMYERS228 @KARENBM13 completely understand your concern with them sharing photos. With our first my mother-in-law would occasionally share some of the photos I'd post. Then I'd notice from her wall that they'd be shared, so I looked into it and my husband's old babysitter from when he was an infant would be sharing MY child's photos with her friends on Facebook! Not malicious intent, but super weird because hubby only talked to her on a random occasion and I'd only met her once or twice. So basically we unfriended and blocked her from my and hubby's accounts and I believe my MIL limited more strictly what people could see. This is also when I stopped posting photos of my son on parent Facebook walls and instead would text them to my parents, brother, and MIL or send through a message.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Facebook is the one thing my MIL can't annoy me with because she doesn't have it. PTL!!!! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @allisonsmith6212 wow, I would be so mad!! I think I will definitely limit what I post on social media once baby is here. 
  • @mrscorker I think you may be entitled to sainthood for not saying anything worse. I would have lost it. 

@allisonsmith6212 Did you talk to your MIL about sharing posts after you figured out the issue? How did it work out? My MIL and I are not facebook friends but I imagine she will want to change that after the baby is born so I am interested in how other moms approached trying to retain some control over the whole facebook sharing thing.   

• @kmyers228 Oh, yeah I was mad and my husband who is really cool about everything was also upset about it. @ KarenBM13 yes, we thankfully were visiting my MIL shortly after we noticed that they were being shared so when we showed her she was surprised too and has really limited the items she'll share too - she was still pretty new to Facebook so it helped once we went through privacy information with her. It also helped because then my husband and MIL both had a conversation with the old babysitter and MIL said hey we're ok if you like the photos but don't want you to share those photos, if you do we'll have to unfriend you on Facebook. She seemed to get it and hadn't done it since then.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Today is our niece's first birthday. We promised we would let her have all of her firsts before we brought another baby into the world. This week scare almost ruined mine and my SIL's friendship. LOL "what is this about you thinking the baby is coming!" If we can get through today with no baby (and next Wednesday on my birthday) Kadence can have whatever she wants. LOL
  • emmaaa said:
    Today is my MIL's birthday and while I love her, I REFUSE to have this baby on her birthday. So, this baby is just going to have to stay in until midnight if I happen to go into labor.

*not that there has been any sign she is coming anyways.
    My MILs bday is 10/14. I told H I will hold this baby in, I swear to God...

Facebook is the one thing my MIL can't annoy me with because she doesn't have it. PTL!!!! 
    I don't have it either which makes me more nervous because I can't stalk to make sure she isn't sharing things!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MRSCORKER :D:D My husband and his twin were born on 10/15, so this whole pregnancy my BIL has been saying the baby will come that day. I will never hear the end of it if he does, so he better not!! I will refuse to give birth to him that day. Lol. I'm due 10/9 tho so I doubt it would happen

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Haha @krzyriver I am kind of feeling like 10/15 is when I'll go into labor because my family is supposed to be at a wedding that night. Why not make things complicated??  :D
  • Haha @krzyriver I am kind of feeling like 10/15 is when I'll go into labor because my family is supposed to be at a wedding that night. Why not make things complicated??  :D

Me too wedding on the 15th SMH
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am going to a wedding 10/15 too! I am due 10/16 so I am hoping all the dancing will get this baby to come out on time! The fact that I am not the only one makes me feel better. A few people have looked at me like I am crazy.
  • @KarenBM13 Maybe you can dance the baby out!

Along the lines of sharing pictures of other people's kids, I always thought it was weird when friends would post pictures of kids they nanny. They were all adorable, but I thought there should probably be some sort of guidelines for whoever watches my kiddo in the future. 

• @SpaceBurger I was just thinking about that! A friend of mine just moved to New Mexico and started nannying. She took a photo of her and the little girl in the car on the way to the zoo or something. I just thought to myself "I hope she talked to the parents about this BEFORE posting a photo of their little girl online!"
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • My BIL is going to a wedding on 10/15 too! I didn't realize October was such a popular month for babies!!

@KarenBM13 I went to DH's best friend's wedding on the 17th and I danced the whole night hoping it would shake him loose! People thought I was nuts but it was so nice to let lose after 8 months of being an incubator. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @SpaceBurger My SIL actually had to have a chat with her nanny about posting pictures. She doesn't care if her kid is posted on social media except that she doesn't know what her nanny's privacy settings were. I think they fixed the settings so she was comfortable because I saw a post yesterday! (And my SIL was tagged in it too) 
  • @KarenBM13 Maybe you can dance the baby out!

Along the lines of sharing pictures of other people's kids, I always thought it was weird when friends would post pictures of kids they nanny. They were all adorable, but I thought there should probably be some sort of guidelines for whoever watches my kiddo in the future. 

Hopefully those people had a convo with the parents of the kids they're posting pics of to get their approval... If not, that's no bueno 
  • People have zero boundaries when it comes to social media, especially the older generation. They never had to deal with any fallout from the internetz so they think it's just this safe free for all I guess? 

For those of you who haven't yet (and who care) I'd strongly suggest having the conversation now, before the babies are here in order to prevent issues. I feel really lucky to have in laws that respect our wishes (sharing photos is ok, but no use of DS' name online). However my mom is the freaking worst. Last time I saw her I made her log into her FB so I could delete a bunch of stuff she posted. 
  • People have zero boundaries when it comes to social media, especially the older generation. They never had to deal with any fallout from the internetz so they think it's just this safe free for all I guess? 

On a semi-related note.... My in laws had some guy call saying he was from Microsoft or something and that they detected a virus on their home computer and wanted to log on to their computer, remotely, so they could help them fix it. THEY BELIEVED HIM!... And let him gain access to their computer and all that's stored on it. Whaaaat? Who does that?! They just don't have the same red flags that I do, I guess lol
  • Late to this post, but I will probably post a pic here of my baby when he's born. I was in the FB group, but got off Facebook for awhile, so I'm no longer in it. 

If anyone besides my husband or I post a photo of this baby on Facebook before we get to, I will be pissed. He has a lot of family that would do it too, so I'm really not looking forward to them all visiting me at the hospital.

Also, I pretty much loathe all reality tv. The drama stresses me out!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    So much this. 
  • I need to go on FB and check settings of pics, I know they're all.private, but is there a way to stop people from reposting/sharing them? 
  • When a photo is shared it's still only shared with whoever you originally allowed to see it. My settings are all friends only. So if my mom shares a picture only our mutual friends see it. So I don't get too upset when people share. Now posting pictures they take or saving my pictures and reposting is a different story. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• I actually worry about my older relatives and falling for internet/technology scams. The old Nigerian prince thing is such a joke now, but people (unfortunately usually good hearted people) fall for that crap. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm so glad for all you lovely ladies here posting about our parents & boundaries with Facebook pics of our kids!!! Dh and I just had a big heart-to-heart about it after I read some of your shared experiences. By far my biggest concern is my own mom- I exaggerate not, she has 1053 Facebook friends..........! (My parents love to dance and she adds anyone and everyone she has ever met, or heard of, in that particular dancing community.)

It never crossed my mind how her posts will affect our little baby in that way... what if LO turns out to be a shy introvert and would be super uncomfortable with his face/name/life being shared with more people than my mom could even name???? And though she means well, what is fair to ask of my mom? If I asked her to scale down her friends list it would take her months... and we would never see eye to eye  (my personal fb friends list is about 225 and I shamelessly trim it down once or twice as year.) So I ask her not to post? Not to use his name? Ask me before any photo? Only poat what we have? Why does that all seem so extreme?? 

• I'm 37 weeks and I've been really uncomfortable all week. Standing hurts, sitting hurts, laying down is not much better. I am a teacher so I am on my feet all day......misery.  I had half a beer on Thursday night and I felt awesome all day on Friday! I actually jogged up the stairs. 
  • PiperellaPiperella member
    edited September 2016
    @samkins if a person really wants to share a picture,  regardless of your settings,  they can download the picture on their computer and then make a new post  or screen grab it (print screen),  alter it if they choose to and reshare it.  The only way online for pictures not be shared is to not post them in the first place.  Not trying to creep you out,  but people with bad and misdirected intentions will do what they want if they figure out a way. 

And even more random,  be sure if you have a yahoo account,  no matter how old,  please deactivate the security questions and change your password to something you use no where else.   Russian hackers got to 500 million accounts and can reuse your security info and sell it.  They can see those security answers and try to use them to access other accounts (not necessarily Yahoo connected) if you use the same questions,  answers and passwords. 
  • emmaaa said:
    Today is my MIL's birthday and while I love her, I REFUSE to have this baby on her birthday. So, this baby is just going to have to stay in until midnight if I happen to go into labor.

*not that there has been any sign she is coming anyways.
    Not even joking this was me yesterday!! It was my mil's bday and we DO NOT get along and I had my last MFM growth scan and I was really nervous they'd say something about having to go to l&d. 

I know she would feel entitled to a different relationship with Lo if they shared the same bday. Hell, her mom (dh's grandmother) kept saying over and over again how dh's cousin had red hair "just like me" over and over again. It took all of my being not to scream 'her mother has red hair too!!' (Ps the mother is not related to the grandmother). I have no idea why she would assume the baby takes after her when the baby's mom has that feature too...

anyway, I was relieved when it hit midnight and no baby came!
  • @Kittens22 My mom has a bunch of "friends" she doesn't know because she plays dumb games on Facebook.  I just asked her not to share any photos of my child (soon to be children) with her whole friends list.  She created a group with just people she knows personally (mostly family members) and, the few times she does share photos I post or photos she takes when she visits, she only shares with that group.  (I only have people I know personally as Facebook friends, but I still mostly only post photos to my immediate family.  It's a little more work, but I'm more comfortable that way.  Plus, no one wants to see four hundred photos of my child except his grandparents and my sister.)