October 2016 Moms

Symptoms Thread 9/19

Re: Symptoms Thread 9/19

• +1 LauraPCOS to the KungFu baby.  I've had really weird movements this week, I thought he's supposed to have run out of room by now but it feels like he's doing somersaults for hours at a time.  Although it's kinda neat watching my stomach roll back and forth.  

Major nausea and heart burn this week, this pregnancy has been much nicer than my first, but I'm really counting down these last 2 weeks since I feel like I'm going to be sick 75% of the day.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ughhhhhh restless legs!! Worst feeling!!  :s
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Did I already complain about this pain in my mid right back? Feels like pulled muscle but apparently dr Google said pinched nerve. Omg nothing helps
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• TMI....but the entire night I've been paranoid that my water has broken, but it appears to be just extra discharge. It's too thick to be amniotic fluid.  
    I've also felt really blah and yucky. It'd be ok if this all means labor is close, but I'm guessing it's nothing really. Sigh. Getting really impatient. Is that a symptom too? 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • I have nothing left to add. You ladies covered it all. Tired. Achy. Bruised crotch feeling. Night waking. Heartburn.

Take this time ladies to be selfish.... I've had some cheesecake and went to bed. My husband can figure out what to do with our daughter. 
  • I don't remember who it was who recommended breathe right strips for snoring but ong i love you right now. I finally bought some an I CAN breathe, I never realized how congested I was. I'll see how try do on snoring tonight but hey I'm already a happy camper.

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • Everything. Hurts. And, I'm so exhausted. 

Of course, I'm up with DS who has developed a cough overnight and can't sleep. I have 5 meetings tomorrow including my annual review, so there's no way I can call in. But, it feels like someone beat my lower body with a baseball bat. 

Thursday I have a client event after work, so I'll essentially be working from 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. I NEED SOME REST.  :s
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @f47 - I feel bad for you! Work events suck when you feel so yuck!

last night my legs and hips were soooo sore. It was worse than half marathon training, except I had done nothing that day! After struggling to sleep with that all night, I'm now up for my 6 am nausea and cramp fest that has been happening every f'in morning lately. Not as bad yet, but I'm sure it'll kick in soon. Get this baby out!!!!!!
  • So I've been fighting a cold for 2 weeks - it has pretty much subsided to just stuffy nose and a bit of chest congestion that causes me to cough a bit, oh and feeling like my head is stuck in a fish bowl. Well on Sunday a nurse friend reminded me that it could actually be a symptom of my pregnancy and not a cold.  I have my family doc appt today for my DTAP so I'm going to mention it because TMI but I started blowing my nose and it's dark brown blood which can't be good.  As much as I would like it all gone, I kinda don't want to take an antibiotic if I can avoid it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @LauraPCOS same, I feel much better but my ears are stuffy and I have the occasional cough. I didnt think about this being part of pregnancy ugh!
  • I definitely think it's a symptom... I have never had a cold drag out like this, and I typically do not suffer from any seasonal allergies so I can't really think of any other possibility.
  • I'll let y'all know what my family doctor says tonight.  I told my OB about it this morning and she didn't comment on it being one or the other.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Uh oh, a strong symptom today is being SUPER SNARKY. 
  • I had pregnancy stuffy nose with my first. It has a real name but it's escaping me. Basically the inside of your nose swells. It was horrid. Vicks vapor wall plug ins, steamy shower and breath right strips were how I would survive. 
  • LGW2015LGW2015 member
    edited September 2016
    I seriously feel like I'm getting my period. So miserable today. Also haven't stopped spotting since yesterday from my cervix check. I feel like crying.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Okay this pressure pain burn type sensation on my twat can go away now.  I'm assuming LO dropped and is putting pressure on it from the inside but ya it feels like my pleasure sensors are being crushed and not in a woo hoo way!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Kaytee1087Kaytee1087 member
    edited September 2016
    @serenaxo84 Yes to the c-sec scar pain! I like to joke that Voldemort must be near lol, but sometimes the pain is real, like yea it's tearing or something. I also assumed it was due to stretching, but dang can it hurt when it gets going. Earlier in 2nd tri, I actually saw a stretch mark on my scar, so that explained a lot.

@samkins Yes to being an old lady with owie joints! That's what I always tell DH, that I'm now an old lady that can predict the weather with my fingers lol.

@MorganL925 My little guy does that too. He's still active enough during his "active" hours that I can get the 10 kick counts in the hour or whatever so I try not to worry cause then I'll just spiral out of control. I guess he's just running out of room. It's not so easy to get the giant roundhouse kicks in anymore when you're living space is increasingly less each day lol.

@Ashleymn I don't remember if I suggested them out loud, but I use them and they are a God send. I have managed to contract whatever bug DD brought home from school and now have even less breathing capabilities than I did before so yes to Breathe Rights lol. I would say this is the symptom of pregnancy thing if DD hasn't been sick for three weeks herself. Back to the doc we go tomorrow.

Everybody with numb hands while you're asleep wearing braces? It might be a silly question, but sleeping in mine have helped tremendously with nighttime numbness.

Another +1 for KungFuBaby lol. This little dude needs to drop and get the 'eff outa my ribs. He's squishing my diaphragm and stomach, so eating and breathing have been interesting. Also the random kicks/punches/knee checks to the rib cage have to stop. I swear some days he's bruised a rib, which always scare the bejeezus outa me and I end up grunting at work out of sheer surprise and then pain lol. Plus backaches from sitting all weird at work because he's up so damn high. Oh, and getting up in the morning, taking a shower, and getting DD dressed for school is like running a marathon. I'm always totally winded when I finally get to the car.

Oh and I thought of a weird one! I think have to switch the powder I use under my boobs. I have weird dry, scab like skin under there, right where my bra sits. I can exfoliate it off in the shower with a brush, but if I forget one day it's back full force the next day. I was using Lady Anti Monkey Butt powder, but I'll be switching back to plain old Arrowroot and see if clears up.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Had a cervical check at my appt a couple hours ago and now have that lovely crampy feeling and my back hurts more. Nothing was going on in there either, but she did say she could feel baby's head so she's at least in the right position now.
  • My back hurts. I'm tired. I'm cranky. And I'm only at 36 weeks. 
  • It must be the way he's laying today, but I have some extra special back and nerve pain today. 
  • Ugh the hand pain!! This must be carpal tunnel... Is this a legit excuse to have DH do all chores until baby comes? 
  • Ughhhh... I have these horrible pains that feel like sharp bubbles popping under my skin, right at the top of my bump, just about where my bra sits but a bit under. Anyone else?? 
  • Kittens22 said:
    Ughhhh... I have these horrible pains that feel like sharp bubbles popping under my skin, right at the top of my bump, just about where my bra sits but a bit under. Anyone else?? 

YES!!! This started a couple days ago. Off to the sides right under my ribs. What's up with that?!
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Turning over in bed hurts so bad now but I have to do it because my hip will start hurting on whichever side I'm on. Horrible back pain at work. I'm working until I give birth which is making me grouchy. 
  • @jennielu I can't wait for the carpal tunnel to go away. I haven't complained much about it, but it totally sucks. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @sportiegrl1213 I hear you! You can complain to me now that I totally get it :) . I have a mostly computer job too - luckily only 5 days of work left...
  • Ugh it hurts so bad, and I type all day long too! SO jealous that you only have 5 more days of work --- as of Monday I will have 15 days, unless LO decides to make his arrival sooner. Counting down the days @jennielu
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• This one hasn't been covered so I'm going to represent with crazy awful Charley horses in one calf every.single.night.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kittens22 said:
    Ughhhh... I have these horrible pains that feel like sharp bubbles popping under my skin, right at the top of my bump, just about where my bra sits but a bit under. Anyone else?? 

YES!!! This started a couple days ago. Off to the sides right under my ribs. What's up with that?!
    Same here! I've been having that for a couple of weeks, off and on. Feels so strange and is almost always on my left side. I didn't mention bc I had no clue how to describe it but that is a prefect explanation! 
  • The feeling of complete exhaustion, which is crazy because I slept a total of 8.5 hours last night.  

I'm also pretty sure the pregnancy waddle is starting with the pressure of baby being so low. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The feeling of complete exhaustion, which is crazy because I slept a total of 8.5 hours last night.  

I'm also pretty sure the pregnancy waddle is starting with the pressure of baby being so low. 
    +1 for the pressure. It's so bad today that I have a full on waddle on. I see my Dr this afternoon, maybe he'll check while he's down there doing a Strep B exam. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• I think I'm having some kind of reaction to the flu shot I got... yesterday and last night my left arm was awfully tender, which I know is normal, buy today both of my arms and my legs as well are tender, sore, and achy. It feels like somebody punched every one of my appendages  :(
  • So my left leg just went numb.  An immediate Google search suggested it's normal ( a sciatic nerve thing), so I didn't freak out too much, but that was no fun.
  • brzvice said:
    This one hasn't been covered so I'm going to represent with crazy awful Charley horses in one calf every.single.night.
    I'm not at full on charlie horses but I am getting really cramped calves in both legs which sucks.  Also, got the same exhaustion as everyone else.  The thought of doing this for ~5 more weeks is overwhelming  :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh I had an MRI today- it was over an hour and pure torture. Making a pregnant woman lay on her back and have to continuously hold her breath was just cruel! 

The space didnt freak me out because I wasn't totally in the tube like the top of my head stayed out- but the machine overheats you and having to hold my breath kept making me panic.
  • I'm actually feeling content pregnant right now. As a BTDT I'm being a tiny bit selfish and enjoying my sleep and freedom of not having to worry about hurrying home cause a baby won't take his bottle and is screaming for the boob. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Anyone else having stabbing pains in their pelvic region? It literally feels like I am being stabbed followed by rolling pops down really low. It is painful and literally stops me in my tracks when walking. I don't know if I have it in me to deal with this crap for five more weeks.
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    Married: August 2009
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • @socks2819 Might be round ligament pain. I have it bad on my right side and sometimes I have to lie down. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020