May 2017 Moms

First Purchases!

2»

Re: First Purchases!

• The boyfriend and I have been referring to our maybe baby as "peanut", and I found an adorable stuffed elephant when I went to get our second set of tests today. I wanted to have something to give him if we got a BFP... Well, I got a very faint positive and pulled out the elephant to let him know our little peanut is probably more than just a maybe. We sure didn't have this in our plans, but we are both happier then ever and letting ourselves get a little excited. Testing again in the morning with hopes for a clearer positive! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mborn24 I'm with you! Waiting to purchase this from etsy! :) 

pic.jpg 78.8K
  • @mborn24 and @Jenshoes, I have a "Big Brother" shirt on my Amazon list as well!  I am going to order it once we have our first ultrasound, assuming goes well, and I plan on announcing to my mom and ILs by FaceTiming with them when DS is wearing it.  We'll probably also put it on at Thanksgiving to announce to the rest of my family.

I haven't bought anything yet, but I am thinking about starting a private registry as things cross my mind.  We don't need much because we have almost everything from DS, but there are a few things I'd like such as a new, better co sleeper.  I also have our nursery fully planned out and have been buying some things for it (curtains, new light fixture) that aren't necessarily baby-specific but could pass for just updates to the room.  
  • We bought "Baby coming May 2017" onesies
    to tell our parents, but otherwise the only thing we've bought is a pregnancy/first year journal. We're having a house built so I don't want to buy extra stuff to move!
  • Until I'm at least out of first tri, the only thing I'll be buying for this baby is a few gallons of gingerale. :D

When we do buy, we won't really need much because we saved everything from DS. I do want a new glider for the nursery, because I hate the one we have and will probably look into a double stroller. You ladies have inspired me to start searching Etsy for a big brother shirt for DS, they're all so cute!

• I haven't officially bought anything for the baby yet, but I did buy two picture frames that say "The best parents get promoted to grandparents." I'm just going to put a picture of my positive HPT in them, since we've agreed to tell our parents on Friday. It's earlier than I would like to, but we see them so often that it would be hard and weird to keep it to ourselves. No u/s until 8 weeks on Oct 17th. Such a long wait!!
  • Nothing yet but hoping to buy a big brother shirt for DS soon.  We're probably going to need to tell them soon so I better get on it!  I saw one that said "Big Brother, Est 2017" so that might be a good way to tell the grandparents and see when they notice. I have a feeling MIL will notice right away and be very excited.

@ShadeofGreen816 - my first appt is the 17th as well! but no ultrasound because my H is unnecessarily paranoid about ultrasounds in general. No real reason to be concerned but he'll only do the anatomy scan.  So frustrating man, I want to see the heartbeat and know for sure baby is good in there! But they'll do a pelvic exam and be able to tell if the uterus is of the appropriate size so I guess that's something.  Sometimes they can find the fetal heartbeat with fetal doppler that early but not as likely.  They weren't able to with DS until our 12 wk appt. Talk about a long wait!

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @IvyMagic828 that stinks!! I'm just so excited to go in. I wish it weren't 4 weeks away!! Too bad about your H and the ultrasound thing. I certainly am paranoid about plenty but generally speaking ultrasounds are pretty safe and have no ionizing radiation. But it's his baby too so good for you guys being able to compromise. So many women here (myself included maybe?) that would just say "whatever, I'm doing one!" You guys will be good parents together!! 
  • I just ordered this on Etsy to make the announcement at work lol:

This made me legit LOL earlier. Thanks for that! It's so cute. Mind if I copy you? (Not to use it as an announcement, just to wear later on. Is it a maternity shirt or regular tee? P.S. I love that pokemon is making a comeback with this game. I've been sitting in my pikachu pjs all day.) 

This made me legit LOL earlier. Thanks for that! It's so cute. Mind if I copy you? (Not to use it as an announcement, just to wear later on. Is it a maternity shirt or regular tee? P.S. I love that pokemon is making a comeback with this game. I've been sitting in my pikachu pjs all day.) 
    Oh totally! Everyone should have one lol. I think it's a regular tee but they seem to run a little large. I'm planning to wear it for a bit.