March 2017 Moms

Mustard

I want it all. All of the mustard. Mustard on everything- especially cucumbers. 

Tell me me your weird cravings!

Re: Mustard

• Yes! Mustard! This happened my last pregnancy too! I was putting mustard on something, and thought, I'd really like a spoonful of this. And I stood there eating spoonfuls of mustard!

That last baby turned out to be a girl, if you're wondering ☺
  • Loading the player...
  • Salads, in all sizes, shapes and forms.  DH and I actually went out to dinner the other night, we had pizza and I was full when we left.  We started out on a half mile walk back to our hotel and about halfway back I was on the verge of stopping anywhere to get a salad to go.  Eventually I talked myself out of it because I didn't need more food.
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • SOUR CANDY. sour bears, sour worms, sour patch kids... give me sour candy.
  • Mustard toast is the best, with a whole lot of pepper. I'm all about that buffalo sauce... Oh and French onion soup. 
  • Wow @Burrberrymum are we sharing a brain?!
  • Cold hard boiled eggs with mustard. 
    My true love. 
  • Milk...I want milk all the time..I guess the food itself isn't weird just the amount I'd be willing to consume
    I love milk too!!
  • Chocolate chip cookies. All the time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Milk. All the milk. Hubby loves me all day very day, so pretty much half our grocery bill is milk lately. Lol
    And then I have gone to the fridge countless times with the intention of making and eating something healthy, only to want nothing to do with the veggies there and end up eating carbs.
    Then hubby and I go to Wendy's and what do I get? A salad.... Yep. A salad. They are great salads, it just weirds me out that I would get one at a place like Wendy's..... 
  • mustard here too! I had it on an egg sandwich at like 10 last night lol. Also been craving Thai food something fierce. fresh rolls and pho soup. can't get enough.

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• I've been all about the kale lately! Ever since my husband cooked dinner last week and made a side of sautéed kale with bacon, that's all I've ever wanted. It was so good I didn't want the grilled porkchop and potatoes that he made. Just the kale please. With my son all I wanted was asparagus. I guess I need more green vegetables in my life.
  • @kiyamurph kale and asparagus? Those are pretty great things to crave. I only wish I craved kale. I used to love it, now I eat it but have to kind of force the kale salads. 

I also crave mustard!! Very spicy vinegary mustard. And grapefruit juice. Never been a juice drinker really, but oh boy, I cannot get enough fresh squeezed grapefruit juice. 
  • omg...

now that you mentioned it..

mustard sounds good

SaveSave
  • French fries!
    Also buffalo chicken dip :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I could drink hot sauce.

Last pregnancy I desperately wanted a raw pizza. Like raw dough, uncooked toppings, cold sauce/cheese. I didn't cave, but it was a struggle. Yuck.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Potatoes! All meals must contain a potato side. And bacon. And cupcakes. And anything advertised on tv. I SUCK at craving control! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Guacamole on everything!!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Last time it was grapefruit and chicken fingers. This time I want apples!(but not red delicious) I want more carbs this time too like chocolate cake. Last time I ate salads with ranch dressing. This time I can barely stomach the thought of veggies or salads.
  • Potatoes, preferably with cheese.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Sour cream....heaping piles of it on top of a baked potato, tacos, etc, or just simply off a spoon...just hand it over!
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am finally over my french fry phase I think... Although we had poutine twice this weekend and I still want more!

I LOVE fresh fruit right now! Oranges, mangoes, apples, bananas! Also cucumbers with ranch... Basically any fresh fruit and veggies although not in a salad...

I can't eat many of the fine delicacies out there (GF baked goods are really not that satisfying!) so the cravings have been held at bay.
  • Last time it was grapefruit and chicken fingers. This time I want apples!(but not red delicious) I want more carbs this time too like chocolate cake. Last time I ate salads with ranch dressing. This time I can barely stomach the thought of veggies or salads.
    When I was pregnant with my son I was all about the salads with ranch dressing. And it absolutely had to have shredded cheddar cheese and croutons or it just wasn't the same.
  • Last pregnancy I craved hamburger for something like 4 months. I could have eaten meatloaf every day for dinner. This pregnancy meat kinda grosses me out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No weird cravings here. Prefer carbs instead of my usual more healthy way of eating.  Last pregnancy I wanted pork meat pie. I could have eaten my weight in the stuff. 
  • @longliveregina I was on the hamburger train for the first 4 months. Finally, finally, they don't sound as appealing anymore. The first 4 months, this baby wanted nothing but fast food! now it kind of grosses me out. 

@jenny0228 I am normally not a juice drinker either. Actually, to be completely honest, before I got pregnant the only drinks in our house were water, beer, wine, and coffee. Now the fridge is fully of milk (I could drink glasses of milk all day long now), OJ, and cranberry juice (the pure cranberry though, nothing else in it. i add a little water to thin it out, but that's it). 

I haven't really thought about mustard yet...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Another milk addict!
    Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Last pregnancy I craved hamburger for something like 4 months. I could have eaten meatloaf every day for dinner. This pregnancy meat kinda grosses me out.
    Ok. This is me. Loving anything with beef, especially ground beef. DH took today off and is making me meatloaf for dinner for the second time in a month (and we usually make it less than once a year).
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Hot sauce, salsa verde, tacos, burritos, sour cream, guacamole.... I should basically move into Chipotle. This is coming from someone who ate a healthy bland diet and lots of eggs and kale pre-pregnancy!
  • Milk...I want milk all the time..I guess the food itself isn't weird just the amount I'd be willing to consume
    This was me my last pregnancy. My son turned out to be very allergic to dairy. I've always wondered if it was my excess milk drinking. I drank SO much. I have barely had any this pregnancy out of fear. 
  • Apples! I cannot get enough of them, but it has to be the right kind (not sweet). We went apple picking last weekend, I spent over $30 on apples and fresh cider. I've been eating at least two a day. 

On Sunday all I wanted was apple pancakes from an orchard near my house (most amazing breakfast food ever. EVER.) My mom went with DS and I, but they were so busy it was too long of a wait. I literally pouted and didn't want to eat anywhere else. I NEED those pancakes right now. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh man. Everything you guys crave sound good actually lol. I have to say I really don't feel like I've had cravings for any one or few foods though. Currently I just feel hungry all the time thanks to the tiny squished stomach. 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love mustard! And also pickles and this delicious local raw sauerkraut <3 
  • I need avocado and tomato on everything. My current obsessive food routine is:

breakfast: Fried egg on potato bread with cheddar, avocado and tomato
    lunch: tomato, mozzarella and basil (caprese salad) + avocado
    dinner: pizza or pasta & a salad with—you guessed it—avocado and tomato

I work from home so its totally doable to make all this stuff every day, but I spend so much time cooking now
  • I am obsessed with iceberg lettuce.  I could eat a whole head in one sitting.  
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @MrsNap_515 YAS to sour cream. I mixed some into beefaroni a couple weeks ago. Not my finest moment, but so delicious.
    Me: 30, mild DOR
    Him: 31, totes fine.
    IUI #1: 5 follicles, cycle cancelled :-/
    IUI #2: 1 follicle, BFP, chemical
    IVF #1: 12 follicles, 9 eggs, 1 fresh 5dt and 4 on ice. BFP, beta #1: 326, beta #2: 841 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ketchup and potatoes anyone? I did notice the other day that I'm not enjoying ketchup as much any more, but I still want potatoes all the time. Maybe it has something to do with having grown up in Idaho. I haven't wanted potatoes in years. 
  • Ketchup and potatoes anyone? I did notice the other day that I'm not enjoying ketchup as much any more, but I still want potatoes all the time. Maybe it has something to do with having grown up in Idaho. I haven't wanted potatoes in years. 
    Nomnomnomnomnom....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KellyT22 said:

I could drink hot sauce.

Last pregnancy I desperately wanted a raw pizza. Like raw dough, uncooked toppings, cold sauce/cheese. I didn't cave, but it was a struggle. Yuck.

Just get one of those pizza lunchables...boom! Cold pizza! 
  • Well hey there mama! Got that pregnancy nose full-on craving all the mustard, am I right? No judgement, I literally guzzled the stuff when I was preggo. But then my anxious brain kicked in - is my yellow condiment habit actually safe for baby?!

I feel you on worrying if that signature mustard zing could have risks. Those pregnancy super powers make you question everything, even staple foods! But from what I've read, it seems mustard is generally pretty safe to eat during pregnancy.

The experts say typical mustard in normal amounts doesn't have toxins, bacteria, or anything too funky for you and your bun. But I know blanket reassurance doesn't always help us worriers...😅

That's why I was thrilled to find this mega helpful article on

https://ladyandhealth.com/mustard-during-pregnancy-benefits-risks-and-precautions

that dives into the science-y details! They break down exact compounds, possible trace risks, any iffy ingredients, and how much is clearly dangerous (which is a lot!). It's got all the pregnancy mustard deets to help you breathe easy!

Def give it a click if you're still feeling nervous about polishing off that jar of deli mustard - it'll put your mind at ease with some solid facts. Let me know if you have any other preggo food questions! Us mamas gotta stick together. 💛