Pregnant after IF
Options

***3rd trimester check-in week of august 29nd***

PiperellaPiperella member
edited September 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: What are are few of your go-to resources as you are in your 3rd trimester to help you get ready?  Any blogs or websites that you follow?  Share them!

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! 

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@chrissym126 : EDD 09/8/16 team green
@Piperella: EDD 10/2/16 with a little boy
@kennelchick: EDD 10/18/16 with a little girl
@Morningstar80: EDD 10/18/16 with a little boy
@laur2444: EDD 10/19/16 with a little boy
@Jerseygirl856: EDD 10/20/16 with a little girl
@sassysd7: EDD 10/31/16 with a little girl and a little boy
@tvh1982: EDD 11/11/16 with a little girl
@ZoeFer: EDD 11/14/16 with a little girl
@Rachd110: EDD 11/19/16 on team green
@mskeenan: EDD 11/20/16 with a little boy

Paging @katie121209 and @emsmama15!!!  I know that @emsmama15 had her two a few weeks ago and I haven't heard more from @katie121209...  

Re: ***3rd trimester check-in week of august 29nd***

• Options
    Hi ladies ! I am so happy to finally be here in the third trimester . Second trimester just flew by . I'm 28 weeks and 1 day . Overall feeling alright just battling sleep issues and some low back pain .. But based on talking to people it sounds like that is all very normal . I like being normal for once :) I have my one hour GD test this Thursday and I am very nervous about it . Also not wanting to be weighed . I may not look . I'm trying not to stress about weight and just keep reminding myself my body is doing what it needs to do to support this baby ! 

As for resources , I feel really behind on all my research . I read a lot of these boards a lot . I go to prenatal yoga a lot too and it's helpful to hear a lot of other mamas about different things . My mom bought me a book called baby 411 that I have been meaning to start . Hopefully I will find some time this week . 

I hope everyone is doing well this week !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Welcome to the 3rd trimester, @mskeenan!  

I can't believe I'm now into week 35.. I sure feel it, though!  Baby is still breech, so I just feel like a glorified kangaroo at this point.  He's moving and kicking a lot.  Last week I had my 34 week appointment and this week is my last week of NO appointments.  I'm savoring this week.  I ordered my breast pump(Spectra S2) last week, so I'm hoping to get it in the next few weeks.

QOTW: My go-to resources have been https://www.lucieslist.com/ and https://babyguygearguide.com/, although I follow the latter one on facebook and instagram more frequently.  I also have been bargain shopping for my registries so I use hip2save most often to find good deals on baby finds.  The classes I took at the hospital (all 8 of them - 11 classes in all) helped tremendously in making me feel a bit better.  I also use pinterest a lot to keep secret boards to keep my thoughts and ideas organized.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ZoeFerZoeFer member
    edited August 2016
    Hello all ! Hope everyone is doing well !!
    @mskeenan welcome to the 3rd trimester :) 

I am doing well this week. Last two weeks, I was in constant anxiety due to my abdominal pain and then stressing about baby movements etc. The doctors first thought that I had UTI because I had blood in my urine but the culture did not show any bacteria. They think it is my kidney stones again. But the blood had disappeared so i should be fine now. And the baby movements are back, I believe that she was in a position that I was not able to move the kicks well. Last Thursday night, she had a huge position change (like I felt there is an Alien in my stomach) and afterward I can feel movement every hr or more. 

I also had a baby shower yesterday, it was so much fun to see all the friends (we do not have any family in the US) and we received lots of gifts. I will have another baby shower at work (do not know when) , then we will start to do shopping ourselves. 

I am sorry for such a long message, overall I feel much more relaxed and happy this week. I got rid of all the anxiety that was growing inside of me. I have not realized how nervous I have been, until now.

QOFTW: I am reading What to expect first year? It is an okay book but did not find much that I had not known yet and I am also using Lucie`s list to choose the baby gears. I am planning to start looking into kellymom website for breastfeeding.

( I had to edit because I forgot the QOTW)
  • Options
    Thank you for the welcomes ladies ! 

@zoefer I'm so glad you are feeling better this week ! It sounds like it has been a rough couple of weeks for you but I'm glad things are turning around !

@katie121209 holy crap ! You had quite the birth story and you are a badass for getting through that ! I can't imagine that pain . Your girl is absolutely precious and I absolutely love love that name . I hope that your pain gets better soon - I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for you . So glad you are your little one are home safe ! 

@piperella you are in the home stretch ! I know it must be pretty rough :( I'm glad you have the week off of appointments , though !! :) 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    @katie121209 Scarlett Adeline is beautiful!!!  Congratulations!  What a birth story you had! I'm so sorry you were in so much pain.  I can't even fathom that amount of pain.  I'm so glad you all are home now and please don't be a stranger!!!  Congrats again!
  • Options
    Congrats @katie121209!!! What a beauty you have!!! And props to you....that labor sounds like everyone's worst nightmare! Your hubby owes you one nice push present!! 
    Almost there @Piperella!!! Hang in there!!!
    welcome @mskeenan!!!! Can you believe we are in the third trimester?! It goes so fast!! Good luck on your one hour....I'm sure you'll pass no problem!! I def freaked out up until the third trimester about weight gain and what I looked like, but now that I'm at 33 weeks, I've realized there is not a darn thing we can do about it! It is what it is so just enjoy the end of pregnancy!!
    @zoefer glad you are feeling better and that you had a good shower this past weekend!! It's so exciting to go through all the gifts I feel like a kid at Christmas!!!

as for me, I turned 30 yesterday!! Went out to dinner with our 2 families, so it was semi low key since I can't exactly party! I officially feel old now! Went for my first NST test for this week and everything came back good again....little guy was very reactive and moving around a ton! They also checked by placental fluid and everything was fine. Now I'll go for another NST Friday and they will check my cord blood flow then as well. This is going to be the next 7 weeks of my life, or at least until the little guy comes.  The office is getting to know me very well!! 
  • Options
    What a beautiful little girl Scarlett Adeline is @katie121209. Well done supermamma! You been a rockstar in there and did incredibly well. Hope you soon are felling better and ca enjoy your little girl without feeling pain.

Welcome @mskeenan! How wonderful is it to be in the 3rd trimester! Like way to go us!

Countdown has started @piperella! So close you are getting...hope the weeks go by in a speed you are confortable with and that it doesn't take fo-ev-er!

Glad the anxiety has passed @zoefer. Its a horrible feeling to have. And yay for babyshowers. Nice to hear your friends take good care of you, specially when family isn't close by!

Welcome to the 30ties @laur2444. It's now socially accepted to stay home on a friday night in ones PJ's, BEST EVER! ;)
    Glad your little guy is doing well, and that they keep a close eye on you!

AFM: Nothing new baby wise...she's giving me contractions here and there, but no regular ones anymore. So thats a relief. I had a spot on my left side that hurts since I got pregnant, and she has found out she can kick there..mummy ain't happy about that. (and colleagues worry, as an occasionally 'au..dammit' sounds leave my mouth)

All my stuff got picked up on friday and been driven to NL and placed in storage by sunday (what would I have done without my stepdad and uncle who took the drive) so I am living on an air-matrass til thursday to temporary use my friends apartment for a month before my final move. 
    I have a sincere case of nesting and cleaning bug going on, but not able to get it out of my system (although my empty apartment has never been this clean, think the new owner on thursday is happy!)

QOTW: I am not doing enough research about anything at the moment. I'm reading a Norwegian book 'På vei' (which means on its way) which is nicely written, but haven't gotten an ah-ha moment yet. I do join a watergymnastic for pregnant women given by a midwive who is teaching us some breathing technics too. And I'll be joing a breastfeeding class next week as Norway is very very  (to extreme) pro-breastfeeding. I would like to if I can, but I am a 'go-with-the-flow-dutch' and see what works for me and my little one.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @katie121209 Congratulations ! Scarlett Adeline is so beautiful ! I am so sorry that you had such a labor and pain, hope you feel much better quickly and enjoy your cutie.
    @tvh1982 Best of luck with the rest of your move and your new life in Netherlands ! It is great that you will be close to your family . We had spent about 2 weeks in Netherlands almost 10 years ago and we loved it, especially the small cities.
  • Options
    @katie121209, what a beaufiful little girl! I'm so sorry you had such a tough time. I did most of my labor at home but got sent home 2x because I too was only 1 cm and 50% effaced. Third time was the charm because I came back 20 hours after my last discharge at 3 cm and 90% and labor progressed rapidly--Daniel was born 6 hours and 45 minutes after my epidural started. After over two days without continuous sleep, it let me nap. 

I hope you have a speedy recovery and enjoy that little sweetie. Scarlett is a beautiful name!
  • Options
    laur2835laur2835 member
    edited August 2016
    Congrats @chrissym126!!!!! And 8/28 is my birthday so love the date!!! So exciting to start hearing about babies coming from our group!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations @chrissym126!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    Congrats @chrissym126!!! Can't wait to see a picture! 
  • Options
    Congratulations @katie121209! That sounds painful but you are one strong momma and she's adorable! 

Congratulations @chrissym126

Welcome to 3rd tri @mskeenan!

AFM I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow and just finished my growth scan. LO weighs 4lbs 14oz. I haven't had an ultrasound since June so I'm just in awe seeing her with hand over her chest and mouth open. 
    QOTW: I follow a midwife on social media and she shares home birth videos and I'm reading a book about natural delivery. 

• Options
    Congratulations @chrissym126!!!!  I can't wait to see a picture of the little guy!  Were you surprised to start labor before your due date (week 38 I think)?  Can't wait to hear more!  

I'm nervous that I'm next up on the list!
  • Options
    Jerseygirl856Jerseygirl856 member
    edited August 2016
    Ladies, have you received the vaccine for whooping cough yet? If not, do you plan to get it? My OB recommends it and thinks anyone who will be in contact with the baby should get it. I have to get it done at my primary care doctor office so just one more thing to add to my ever growing to-do list before baby. 
  • Options
    I believe you will be next indeed @piperella :smile:

No vaccine here @Jerseygirl856, I haven't heard about it either...might not have gotten to us overseas.

• Options
    @Jerseygirl856 My PCP had mentioned this vaccine at the beginning of my pregnancy , I am willing to get it. It is TDAP right ? When is the best time to get it ? I also want my parents, who will come from overseas and help us for first two months , get this vaccine but we need to figure out if they have this vaccine in europe I guess. 
    Are you ladies also getting flu shots as well ? I will ask to my OB about both shots at our next appointment because he had not mentioned anything yet.
  • Options
    My OB Gave me the shot 2 weeks ago....he said that usually you get it between 28-32 weeks. I am actually a pharmacist and I administer it to other people here at work as well. I'm going to have my parents come in and get it. I'm pretty sure it's good for 10 years once you get it. I will get the flu shot as well, but usually I wait until October to get it, because it's only good for about 4-5 months and takes a few weeks to kick in, so I like to try to cover myself for the winter!
  • Options
    @zoefer yes that's it. My OB began mentioning it to me at my recent appointments so maybe it's a certain time frame on when to get it. She also recommended the flu shot and I always get the flu shot. Im happy to get that since LO is due just in time for flu season. 

When my sisters had their babies, they didn't mention anything about getting a vaccine before being in contact with their babies. I used to babysit them when they returned to work. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Checking in for my first time in the third trimester thread. I'm 28 weeks and 5 days. I can't believe how fast time is passing by. I have one little squirmy baby in me and do not know the gender. Baby is due November 19. 

I had my GD screening last week and passed it! I was so nervous because they made me do the GD screening at 10 weeks and I failed that one. I did not want to do the three hour test again. I also had an appointment with my midwife on Monday and she said everything looks good. 

Im taking a natural childbirth class and a breastfeeding class next month. I am not yet 100% sure that I want a natural delivery. I think I'll see how long I can go without an epidural and ask for it if I absolutely cannot take the pain. I do want to try to avoid being induced, but I understand sometimes intervention is necessary. 

@Jerseygirl856 my midwives recommend the whooping cough vaccine for me, my husband and anyone else who will have a lot of contact with the baby. I believe they are going to give it to me around 30-32 weeks. They also recommend I get a flu shot, which I will. 

As far as resources, I listen to pregnancy podcasts. I search "pregnancy" in my podcast app and listen to all the different ones available. I really like pregnancy podcast, the birth hour and birth, baby and life.
  • Options
    Welcome, @Rachd110!  I will add your info to the top in just a bit!  I took a confident childbirth class that focused on natural birth, but also said a few things about other options.  Check to see if your hospital offers nitrous oxide (as a step before the epidural route).  I was totally preparing for a more natural birth with nitrous oxide and hopefully no epidural, but with this one being breech, I'm thinking that the odds are not in my favor.

The ladies above are correct!  The whooping cough vaccination is the TDAP shot.  It is recommended at the beginning of the 3rd trimester.  My husband got it at the CVS minute clinic with his insurance (with no insurance it's $100, FYI).  Many local health departments will give it for free as well.  My classes recommended that partners, grandparents, and caregivers get the shot.  I've warned my parents to get it before the baby!

I'm also going to get the flu shot.  When buying candy at lunch at CVS, I saw that they now had the flu vaccination available there!  I think they are going to wait another week or two for me to get it so that there's a chance Flint can get it.  Having it done so early though also means I may have to get it done again in late winter / early spring.  
  • Options
    @kennelchick so glad to hear you and baby are doing okay. So scary what happened but so thankful we have modern medicine that can result in these miracles! I hope you continue to recover well and baby keeps growing and can go home! 
  • Options
    @katie121209 congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!

@chrissym126 congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! 
  • Options
    Omg @kennelchick congrats she is sooooo beautiful!!!! I got tears in my eyes reading your story....so scary but thank god such a good ending!!! You must be so relieved now that she is here!! Im going to be on pins and needles until I have my little guy!! I go for NST and blood flow check tomorrow, and next Thursday I will have another growth scan in addition to my NSTs. I'll be 34 weeks next Wednesday, praying that I can make it full term! 
  • Options
    Congratulations @kennelchick. A beautiful name for a beautiful little girl. 
    Such a little fighter and glad both of you are doing fine. Guess she couldn't wait to meet her mamma! 

• Options
    Congratulations @kennelchick! She's beautiful and so happy to see a good ending! 
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Congratulations @kennelchick!  She's so beautiful and has a beautiful name to boot!  I'm so glad everything turned out okay and you still got to see some of your shower!  Rest up and keep us updated! 

Way later edit to add to be sure to post a comment on our October monthly bump thread for birth announcements!  
  • Options
    Selena2016Selena2016 member
    edited September 2016
    Hi everyone! It's so good to see some familiar faces (profile pics)! Congratulations to all of the new mommies!
    Im 37w5d with a little boy due 10/6.

initial screening showed he was low in Papp-a hormone, apparently common in IVF patients but they don't know why. 
    Meet did additional tests and we were assured he didn't have down or anything else scary- huge relief. 

The low Papp-a does increase the chance of stillbirth so I have an induction scheduled at 39w on 10/1. 
    So glad to be in the home stretch!