March 2011 Moms
Options

Name Opinion (Aubrey/Aubrie)

Okay... my boyfriend wants to name our daughter Aubrie Olivia. I really do think this is cute but everyone is telling me she will always have issues with people spelling it correctly. What do all of you think?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

breastfeeding, cloth diapering, farming mama.

Re: Name Opinion (Aubrey/Aubrie)

• Options
    The name is cute, but I prefer the spelling Aubrey.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Aubrey is more old fashioned, which I like, but it's whatever your taste is!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My cousin's name is Aubrey, and its pretty uncommon, I love it though!  I would go with the traditional spelling though! 
    HarLynn's mama
  • Options
    I like Aubrey best!  Nice name choice!  It flows very well together.
    Joshua 1:9 - "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
  • Options

imagekilissa:

With Aubrie, I think of cheese.. literal french translation "at cheese" - JMHO!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a little biased since DD is named Aubrey! I love the name and so does everyone who meets her! Although I understand the dilemma, we are going through the same thing with DD2, we are naming her Lucie instead of Lucy. Do whatever you like! Either way you spell it, it's still a beautiful sounding name!
  • Options
    I would spell it Aubrey
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Pretty name.  I would definitely spell it Aubrey.
  • Options
    imagePhil&Corinna:

imagekilissa:

With Aubrie, I think of cheese.. literal french translation "at cheese" - JMHO!

Ditto on the cheese thing! Aubrey was our name choice for a girl :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Don't stick your kid with a name people are always going to misspell. Go for Aubrey.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Please use Aubrey. She will have to spell her name for her entire life.  (This advice comes from an AIMEE)
    Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • Options
    Either way is cute,, either way, people may ask to have it spelled. People spell my name wrong at times, so I wouldn't totally worry about that..
  • Options

Thank you guys for your opinions! I like asking about names on here better than Baby Names, they are kind of mean.

I do like both spellings, and I agree with all the reasoning about not using Aubrie... but I still might.. Idk yet. My DH's niece is Aubrey, but goes by Katie which is her middle name, so I want to ask my SIL first if its okay with her. That was his reasoning for spelling it differently.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

breastfeeding, cloth diapering, farming mama.

• Options
    imagefuzzylamb:

Thank you guys for your opinions! I like asking about names on here better than Baby Names, they are kind of mean.

I do like both spellings, and I agree with all the reasoning about not using Aubrie... but I still might.. Idk yet. My DH's niece is Aubrey, but goes by Katie which is her middle name, so I want to ask my SIL first if its okay with her. That was his reasoning for spelling it differently.

Do what you love with the spelling! My name is spelled Haylee and I have to spell it all the time for people. Sometimes I used to get bummed that I couldn't find keychains and nicknacks with my correct spelling but now I appreciate and love my name, spelling and all. It's really not the end of the world to be unique! 

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• Options
    Please, please PLEASE use the correct/common spelling of Aubrey. I have a common first name that, uses the uncommon spelling. I hate it. Everyone spells it wrong and always has. It is very annoying. I have to always resubmit official forms bc whoever did it misspelled it. Get new name tags for work etc. I even had to go back and get a new Drivers liscense bc I left w.o checking and they misspelled it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"