TTC after 35

Intro and some help

Hello all-

My name is Anne and this is my first post. I'm 37, and have been trying to conceive for about 10 months. Hormones, HSG, and sperm counts have been normal, but my ultrasound showed a polyp. I underwent a hysteroscopy with removal of two tiny polyps on Friday, and am recovering well. As I am recovering this weekend, I find myself slightly obsessed with what happened Friday and an overwhelming feeling pregnancy never happen. My GYN, who is a friend, didn't seem too optimistic that this was the cause of us not getting pregnant. Friday was surreal as I am a surgeon myself, and had my procedure where I work. So now everyone knows my business, even through everyone was wonderful to me, which is worse than the procedure. Has anyone else had these overwhelming feelings after big events in the infertility workup? I'm excited to go back to work tomorrow and have something to do. I don't like feeling out of control of my feelings.

Thanks-

Anne
Me 37, DH 41.
Mirena removed 11/15, immediately started trying.
April 16: AMH 2.35, Normal all other labs, including sperm.
Aug 16: HSG normal. Saline sonogram showed likely polyp, but not optimal due to discomfort.
Sept 16: Hysteroscopy with light D&C for small polyps.
Sept 16: Notice of impending deployment for six months.
Sept 16: Femara round 1: D12 US, 28mm follicle, 8mm endometrium; D15 US, collapsed follicle, 5.5 mm endometrium
Oct 16: Femara round 2: D17 US, ovarian cyst consistent with ovulation, 5mm endometrium and cystic structure in the endometrium consistent with adenomyosis. Adenomyosis also present on US in July 16.
Oct 16: Deployment cancelled, likely next summer if not sooner.
Next up: Estrace D 5-12, Progesterone suppositories 3DPO

Re: Intro and some help

• Welcome!  I myself just joined this group last weekend.  I don't have any experience with what you are going thru. Glad your recovery is going well and hopefully the procedure helps you become more successful with TTC in the future.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi @adoannie614.  Welcome!  I definitely had feelings of being overwhelmed and losing optimism after some of my fertility testing, which I'm not really thorough with yet.  I've never had the specific procedure you did; for me it was having a low AMH result.  There's nothing like pushing 43 and getting the confirmation that you have low ovarian reserve.  I felt so out after that.  Talking to the other ladies here and on the TTGP board has been what has helped me.  That and doing what I can do to improve our chances, such as taking CoQ10 for egg health, getting fertility acupuncture, and going on a low carb eating plan to help my insulin play better with the other hormones (my IVF/RE suggested this).

We old ladies here have a good idea of how this may feel like an insurmountable climb.  I hope you'll stick around and commiserate with us...and keep doing what really needs to be done ;) 

Image result for golden girls gif

Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Loading the player...
  • @adoannie614 welcome and I second what others have said. This group helps lift me up when I'm feeling overwhelmed by my AMA label! We have tried on our own probably for longer than would have been advised...in October we will see RE if this next cycle doesn't work on our own. I am 42 and DH is 44. So glad to have you join us on the journey!
  • Hi @adoannie614.  Welcome!  I definitely had feelings of being overwhelmed and losing optimism after some of my fertility testing, which I'm not really thorough with yet.  I've never had the specific procedure you did; for me it was having a low AMH result.  There's nothing like pushing 43 and getting the confirmation that you have low ovarian reserve.  I felt so out after that.  Talking to the other ladies here and on the TTGP board has been what has helped me.  That and doing what I can do to improve our chances, such as taking CoQ10 for egg health, getting fertility acupuncture, and going on a low carb eating plan to help my insulin play better with the other hormones (my IVF/RE suggested this).

We old ladies here have a good idea of how this may feel like an insurmountable climb.  I hope you'll stick around and commiserate with us...and keep doing what really needs to be done ;) 

Image result for golden girls gif

Have you taken Maca Root?  I just got some on Friday in capsule form and taking 1 daily in the morning.  Didn't know if you have heard of it.
  • I have a question about CoQ10, what exactly is it? I know it's supposed to support egg health but is it something prescribed by RE? Herbal? Feeling naive on this...
  • @vlagrl29 I've heard of Maca Root, but I've never tried it.  I'll be interested to hear how you like it!

@Momifbysea CoQ10 is a supplement you can get anywhere that carries supplements.  It is supposed to help with healthy cells in general.  Everything I've read, and also my acupuncturist who is also an herbalist, says that the best form to take is Ubiquinol because it's more "bio-available", which I understand to mean that your body doesn't have to convert it somehow to make it useful.  That's what I use, and I get it on Amazon.
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• @Aurora1973 - I'll let you know.  Only been on it a few days.  I don't notice any weird side effects so I'm assuming its pretty natural.  Got it at a vitamin shoppe for $16 - 90 capsules.