July 2015 Moms

Trying for another?

Hello everyone! Now that our little Ryker is a year, my husband and I are talking about trying for another little one. Anyone else thinking about adding to your family? 

Re: Trying for another?

• We are thinking about trying again at the end of the year. I really want all our bday close together. First child's is July, mine is August, hubs is September, so I would really like the next child to be in the line too. 
  • We are no longer preventing...  ;)

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Loading the player...
  • We will be starting around November. Ideally I'll get pregnant in January or February, but anything after October is good with me.
  • I wish we could be trying for another right now. Unfortunately, due to financial and insurance reasons, we can't for probably another year. I thought it might also be nice to have DD potty trained well before the second one came along. 
  • We are actively trying now.  I'm a teacher, so we are trying to get pregnant this month or next so that baby will be born close to the end of the school year.  Then when my 6-8 weeks of sick leave was over, I'd have the summer to be home with both of my little ones.  This is all a hopeful timeline, though.  It took us 8 mos. to get pregnant the first time around, plus I wouldn't mind a little more time to lose the baby weight from our first. 
  • Hubby has expressed multiple times that he would like to start trying again, if it was up to him I'd already be pregnant again lol. I'd prefer to wait until this LO is closer to two. I'm really loving the quality time I'm getting with her. It's bittersweet for me to think of having to share my attention lol although I know in the end it will all be fine!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are trying. Well, we have been since about 3-4 months after I gave birth. I hate birth control, It's jut not for me so we just say whenever it happens, I guess it will be when we are supposed to have another baby. I would prefer a mostly winter pregnancy though. Since I've had 2 summer pregnancies. Now I feel like I'm missing my chance of having a winter pregnancy. :neutral:
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We stopped preventing after seeing how great out 13 month old son is doing with his now 3 month old cousins he loves them to death and goes and gives them hugs and kisses whrn they're upset or just cause. Our initial plan was to stay trying again around no wish area was gonna wait a bit longer before we fmgo full out. For bow just removed the goalie and whatever happens happens. Were gonna actually start trying when the stress of life dies down. Right now were going through the loss of our 20 year old nephew, I had a recent miscarriage just after his passing and my uncle is currently dying of cancer in the hospital on hid last days at most couple weeks. So don't want to be pregnant and dressed as most happened all within this last month. 

So excited for the positives already congrats :)
  • We've been trying for about 4 months now, although I missed my window of conception this month because DH was really pissing me off. I'm praying it doesn't take too long or I'll start to stress over it. 
  • Nope. One and done :) congrats to all you ladies though! Fingers crossed 
  • Almost 10 weeks and the morning sickness has me saying no more after this.  I wanted 4 kids but I can't do the morning sickness again. 
  • My hub and I are just about start TTC. I went to talk to my FIL today and brought up a good point. Is anyone worrying about Zika? I'm a person that bugs usually leave alone. Most bugs aren't attracted to my blood type. However, it is still a huge concerns since the virus is in the U.S..
  • @AKOL0 do you live somewhere that has it? I did some research and the things I saw for prevention is to wear a mosquito repellent if you'll be spending time outside, and then try not to let water collect around your home since that's where they like to hang out. We haven't had any cases of Zika where we live, but I'm still taking precautions. I don't plan on traveling any where with it while I'm pregnant, and just to be safe, I wear a repellent with DEET when I've been outside. 
  • @marymoore711 I found a map of cases on the CDC website. It basically says everywhere. One case was 3 hours away from us. Plus we live around field crops, so lots more bugs. 
  • sgrho2sgrho2 member
    edited September 2016
    All of our birthdays fall in consecutive months. dd is July, I'm August, DH is September and the baby I'm expecting is October. DS is November so it's going to be five months of partying in our house 
    eta: @AKOL0
  • mrsrep123 said:
    Soooooo.... LO is going to be a big brother!!!  :D My period is about a week late... Took a test this morning... +
    Congratulations mama!!!!! How exciting!!!! A double blessing! Your baby boy will be a great big brother! Please keep us posted and God bless you and you precious, growing family! :blush:
  • Thanks @n3na94! Can you believe it?! 22 months apart... And I thought I was tired now! Lol! 

We are very excited... A little sad that LO won't have all of the attention but he and the new baby will have each other and that's super cool!!!

I hope the May 2017 board is going to be as good as July 2015 was to me! ;)

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• mrsrep123 said:
    Thanks @n3na94! Can you believe it?! 22 months apart... And I thought I was tired now! Lol! 

We are very excited... A little sad that LO won't have all of the attention but he and the new baby will have each other and that's super cool!!!

I hope the May 2017 board is going to be as good as July 2015 was to me! ;)
    I love our July 2015 board too! Please keep us posted and we are praying you have a beautiful pregnancy and your baby boy will enjoy this new journey! :smile:
  • Congrats to all those expecting again!! I have 2 so I think that's good for me. Also, I am 40. And I live in south FL so the Zika thing is too scary here!!
  • My son will also be a big brother! I am also due in May!
    Congrats mama! How exciting and I'm sure your baby boy will be an awesome big brother! God bless you and your family! Keep us posted mama! 
  • My son will also be a big brother! I am also due in May!
    Congrats! Have you made it over to the May 2017 boards yet @erinkaydonnell

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• So...apparently the one month I didn't "try" and thought I missed my window of conception I wound up pregnant! Super excited!!! DS will be a big brother May 2017. 
  • So...apparently the one month I didn't "try" and thought I missed my window of conception I wound up pregnant! Super excited!!! DS will be a big brother May 2017. 
    How exciting!!! Many July mamas are due in May 2017! God bless you mama and your family in this new journey! Your baby boy will be so happy to have a sister or brother to play and love with! :blush:
  • I am 5 weeks pregnant so June 2017 has been added to my boards.  I am excited that my son and new baby will be almost exactly 2 years apart, God willing!

• DS2 was conceived 6 months after DS1. I'm due Monday October 17th but this little boy is stubborn and comfy. He doesn't want to come out lol I'm scheduled to get induced on Tuesday October 18th still hoping he decides to come before that. DS1 was 2 weeks early. My boys are gonna be 15 months apart, I'm gonna have my hands full real soon.
  • jewel1029 said:
    DS2 was conceived 6 months after DS1. I'm due Monday October 17th but this little boy is stubborn and comfy. He doesn't want to come out lol I'm scheduled to get induced on Tuesday October 18th still hoping he decides to come before that. DS1 was 2 weeks early. My boys are gonna be 15 months apart, I'm gonna have my hands full real soon.
    Congrats mama! That is so exciting and such a blessing! Praying all goes well and please keep us posted! God is in control and God bless you and your family! :blush:
  • qtjo5 said:
    I am 5 weeks pregnant so June 2017 has been added to my boards.  I am excited that my son and new baby will be almost exactly 2 years apart, God willing!

Congratulations mama!!!!!! That's so great to hear!!! Praying these 9 months are exciting and healthy for you and your baby! Also it's exciting your baby boy will be an older brother! God bless you  and your family and please keep us posted! :blush:
  • We found out pretty late in the game that were having a 2nd! It wasn't til she started moving we found out!! She's due sometime mid January, the Dr hasn't given an exact due date since we're getting all caught up on bloodwork/appointments lol

• Husband and I are planning on trying this fall/winter. We really want our kiddos about 2.5 years apart... So hopefully our plan works! :)
  • Found out last night we are having a little girl.  Our first is a boy.  so excited and shocked!
  • newmommyZ said:
    Found out last night we are having a little girl.  Our first is a boy.  so excited and shocked!
    How exciting!!!! Congrats and God bless you and your family!!! Please keep us posted mama!!!! I'm sure they will be best friends!! :blush:
  • n3na94 said:
    newmommyZ said:
    Found out last night we are having a little girl.  Our first is a boy.  so excited and shocked!
    How exciting!!!! Congrats and God bless you and your family!!! Please keep us posted mama!!!! I'm sure they will be best friends!! :blush:
    I'm super excited cause well have a boy and a girl too!! :)

• Our first is now 18 months and we are no longer preventing lol. Hit the fertility window a few times this month so we will see what happens! I got pregnant so quickly the first go around that I cant imagine getting that lucky a second time. Fingers crossed, though!