October 2016 Moms
Options

Labor and All of it's Glory

Re: Labor and All of it's Glory

• Options
    @MRSCORKER I felt DD #1 moving the whole time I was in labor. I think she was angry with me! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Also, sometimes I'll think I'm having BHs but it's just the way baby is positioned. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I think movement during labor might vary from person to person. I didn't drink enough water today so I think I'm just having some dehydration cramping. Gonna pound some the rest of the night and hope they go away. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    MRSCORKER said:
    So excited for all the mama's who get to meet their LO's this weekend!!!

Question for those who have had BH or even regular non-labor contractions... Did you feel your LO moving in between them? I'm having what I think are BH, they feel like mild period cramps with tightening in my uterus but I'm feeling it in my lower back too which kind of scares me because I'm only 34 weeks. The thing is, I'm still feeling LO moving around. Thoughts?
    I feel baby moving lots.  Lots and lots (the ultrasound techs are convinced I'm going to have quite the mover once I have an outside baby.  I swear, every time I have a contraction, she's pissed after and purposely beats me up after  :)

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I too feel the babies movie between and sometimes during contractions. 
  • Options
    So excited for you @nlane0723!! And whatever happens for you @UponAStar16, thinking of you too! 
  • Options
    I don't feel her between BH/contractions. I was having BH last night lasting 2 min every 3 minutes. But it seems to happen to me almost every night so I'm not stressed. 

Good luck @nlane0723 and @UponAStar16!
  • Options
    Whoooooo babies!! 
    Good luck @nlane0723 and @UponAStar16

Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • Options
    Thinking of you @nlane0723 and @UponAStar16 !! Holy crap, it's baby time!! Good luck and can't wait to see pictures of your little ones!!
  • Options
    Good luck @UponAStar16! Keep us posted!
  • Options
    @nlane0723 We will be thinking of you and cheering you on!
  • Options
    Yay for babies good luck to @nlane0723 and @UponAStar16 I'm so excited for you guys and wishing for (as easily as possible) deliveries!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I missed so much but I'm awake now!!! 
    GOOD LUCK @nlane0723 and @UponAStar16
    I haven't even gotten out of bed yet and have alllllll the feelz! 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    ibabyloveb87ibabyloveb87 member
    edited September 2016
    Woke up for a bathroom trip and decided to check in. Good luck to both of you @nlane and @UponAStar16
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    Best wishes and good luck! @nlane0723 and @UponAStar16 !!!
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    bnsmith85 said:
    @kmvisioli - from your experience, would you describe labor as aerobic or anaerobic? 
    Now that we're talking about it, I feel like I remember you or someone asking that and not really getting an answer earlier in the pregnancy @books&icecream
    THANK YOU everyone for your answers! @bnsmith85 That was me, for this exact reason :) Intense pain is no fun, but only aerobic physical exertion can cause me to stop breathing.

Did anyone have the experience that they had to push at 100% power with no break for at least 5 minutes?

Also, can anyone describe what it would be like to have a strong contraction during the pushing phase but "sit it out" and relax through it instead of pushing? How much physical exertion would that entail?
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    @MRSCORKER  I had no idea I was having BH or contractions before my monitoring yesterday, because they almost always correspond with baby moving!  A nurse told me that BH feel tight and the period cramps feeling are the "practice contractions," but I'm not sure now accurate that is.  I definitely had both yesterday, but I wouldn't have called them contractions if I hadn't seen them on the monitor!  Clueless FTM over here lol.  It's like how it took me forever to believe that those flutters in my stomach were baby moving and not just gas or something.
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Options
    So excited for @nlane0723 and @UponAStar16!!

@Blonde1817 That's exactly what I was feeling. I drank a bunch of water and went to bed and don't feel anything this morning. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @MRSCORKER I have weekly NSTs and I can see on the machine when I'm having a contraction.  Many times, this little guy moves like crazy during contractions.

@UponAStar16 good luck!  So exciting!
  • Options
    Excited to see updates from you two @nlane0723 and @UponAStar16! Good luck!

@books&icecream - my friend pushed for 30mins straight with her son bc his heart rate kept dropping. So what you're describing could happen. However, in her case she was told to "push like you don't want a CS." In your case if expect they'd take you straight for a CS in that case
  • Options
    @books&icecream With #1 I did take breaks and breathe through contractions. Since I had an epidural the pain wasn't bad at all and I was able to relax and focus on breathing, so that wasn't physically demanding. Even when I was pushing it was 10 seconds, take a breather, push again. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    OMG good luck @UponAStar16!!! This is so exciting! 
  • Options
    Hoping for smooth deliveries for both of you @nlane0723 and @UponAStar16!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    woohooo good luck @nlane0723 and @UponAStar16 !!
  • Options
    Good luck @nlane0723 and @UponAStar16!!

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    bnsmith85 said:
    @kmvisioli - from your experience, would you describe labor as aerobic or anaerobic? 
    Now that we're talking about it, I feel like I remember you or someone asking that and not really getting an answer earlier in the pregnancy @books&icecream
    THANK YOU everyone for your answers! @bnsmith85 That was me, for this exact reason :) Intense pain is no fun, but only aerobic physical exertion can cause me to stop breathing.

Did anyone have the experience that they had to push at 100% power with no break for at least 5 minutes?

Also, can anyone describe what it would be like to have a strong contraction during the pushing phase but "sit it out" and relax through it instead of pushing? How much physical exertion would that entail?
    Contractions don't last that long, so you won't be pushing for 5 minutes straight (although, it might feel like it).

I pushed for 3 hours (during contractions only) with DD. I couldn't imagine sitting any of those contractions out, because once I got that intense urge to push, I could not hold it back. But, I didn't have any meds or any epi, so I don't know if it would be the same with an epi. I did, however, fall asleep in between contractions after 1.5 hours of pushing because I was that exhausted. DH would wake me up when he saw a contraction start to happen on the monitor and it was back to 100% pushing for 10 seconds or so. 
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • Options
    @books&icecream My contractions spaced out and eased up once I got to the pushing phase, so it did feel more manageable than the rest of labor for me. Like mrskratt I can't really imagine sitting those contractions out, since the urge to push was so strong, but I also was totally unmedicated so that could make a difference. The main thing to me would be that your dr's know the situation, aren't pushing you to rush/letting you push when you feel the urge, and having oxygen on hand if you need it. A friend of mine had a dr who was crazy about telling her to just push constantly and she wound up needing an oxygen mask and bursting all the blood vessels in her face. Just make sure your dr is on your team there.
  • Options
    @books&icecream
    my friend pushed every other contraction to give her baby time to rest between. She said it was hard to stop herself from pushing but it is possible and sometimes necessary. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    bnsmith85 said:

I think if you had to do anything at literally 100% for 5 minutes straight without a break then no one would be capable of childbirth! Just my opinion though.

As for the second question, again this would depend on whether you are planning for medicated or unmedicated delivery. You can very much ignore a contraction with an epidural in place. 
  • Options
    @nlane0723 good luck!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @UponAStar16 thinking of you!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    I hope things pick up soon for you, @UponAStar16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    THEY ARE SO CUTE @nlane0723
  • Options
    Hope things get moving soon, @UponAStar16!
  • Options
    Congrats @nlane0723!! Love the names.

@UponAStar16 continued thoughts for you and you Lo! 
  • Options
    @nlane0723 Congratulations!  Those babies are adorable!