February 2016 Moms

6 month sleep regression?!

my LO has slept through the the night (at least 8 hours straight) since she was 8 weeks old. She somehow missed out the 4 month regression (which was fine by me!) but for the past week, she has been waking up for 2 night feeds. She hasn't fed at night since she was tiny. Could this be a delayed sleep regression from earlier, or a growth spurt? Or is she just hungry? We are BLW and she is ingesting basically no food at the mo! 

Anyone else having sleep issues at 6 months? 

Re: 6 month sleep regression?!

• Mine is still usually up 2x every night to eat. Luckily we've made enough progress now that more wakings than that feels cruel and unusual.

Well. He's been up a LOT this week, sometimes up to 5x/night, and 3 teeth just kind of sprouted up over the past several days. I don't think it's a sleep regression. He's definitely still capable of putting himself to sleep, etc. I think it's the teeth and needing extra comfort because he feels uncomfortable.

Could yours be teething too?

Interesting that she's actually eating when she wakes, though. Maybe she is just hungry! If she keeps it up for long...maybe she needs more solids?? (I really don't know; just an idea.)
  • My little Carmine has been eating and waking up every 2 hours to eat since birth. I'm so used it. Wow that would be amazing if he slept through the night. Lol anyways yes I was going to say maybe she's still hungry and not full enough. I also noticed my little guy needed mommy so much more when his teeth were popping out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We stopped sleeping through the night as much when we started getting teeth at 4 months. Now at the end of a cold and with an ear infection and skin infection, she's up every hour or so. She wants to be held or reposition herself if she's in my arms already but will nurse about 2x a night. I'm ready to sleep again and for my baby to feel good.
  • katieashley13katieashley13 member
    edited September 2016
    We've been getting over stuff for about three weeks. 6 month shots, a cold, teething, another cold and ear infection. She'll wake up multiple times a night and now is refusing to nap. Isn't she tired!?? I know I am...

ETA I think we might be hitting some separating anxiety too. She slept in my arms for an hour last night and immediately woke and started crying when I laid her back in her criv
  • We've been getting over stuff for about three weeks. 6 month shots, a cold, teething, another cold and ear infection. She'll wake up multiple times a night and now is refusing to nap. Isn't she tired!?? I know I am...

ETA I think we might be hitting some separating anxiety too. She slept in my arms for an hour last night and immediately woke and started crying when I laid her back in her criv
    Sorry tour LO is going through so much :( 
    Separation anxiety has definitely kicked in over at my house. It's significant but I have to be honest it sure makes me feel so loved and needed when all I have to do is let him see me or go to him and he's all smiles and happy! 
  • There's a huge growth spurt at 6 months. Feed the baby!
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Thanks everyone. She is teething a lot, practising rolling like mad (in bed lots!) and starting solids, so a big developmental time for her at the moment. I'll keep feeding when she wants :-)

I mentioned it to a health visitor this week who then proceeded to tell me I was causing bad habits and that I would make her regress to a newborn thinking it's acceptable to wake at night and that I should just leave her to put herself back to sleep, even tho I know she is hungry! I left feeling really upset that a) she had given me that advice and b) she told me everything I was doing (knowing my daughter best as her mum!) was wrong.