May 2017 Moms

GTKY- SO edition

Since it is so early I feel like there is a lot to learn about each other!  Let's get this board booming!

How long have you and your SO been together?  Are you Married?...if so, let's hear a bit about your wedding?  Was this sweet baby a surprise or planned out?  
Married:09/27/14 
Baby N-Born:10/29/15
Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

Re: GTKY- SO edition

• Loading the player...
  • My husband and I have been together almost 6 years will be married for 3 on Nov 3rd. I had a fall themed wedding really enjoyed the food and then had a rainy time on the honey moon. We tried for ds from that honeymoon and ended up having to have an HSG and got pregnant december of 2014 had him a year ago in august. We just celebrated his first birthday and it was soo fun. This was a planned pregnancy as well my husband is 46 and I am 30 he wanted the most time with his kids as he could get so he wanted kids immediately. 
  • Married 6 years, together for 10.  This is a surprise pregnancy after a failed FET and a BFP/ loss immediately after.  we were ready to close the chapter on baby #3. 

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My hubby & I have been together for 8 years this coming October and married 4 years this past June. Our wedding day is still the favorite wedding we've ever been to.  Our baby was definitely planned. We've been ttc for 26 months. 
  • My husband and I have been together for 5 years, Married for 1 year, and known each other since we were babies. We had a church wedding in the church we meet at and grew up. Baby was planned we were so lucky to get our bfp after just 4 cycles of ttc.

• It's great to see so many people who have been with their SOs for so long!

I've been with H since college, almost 10 years. Married for a little over 3. We got married at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore (where the Ravens play) and it. was. awesome. I will cherish those pictures forever.

We plan literally every step of our lives, so this baby was definitely planned and prayed for. 

@emilyalso I don't know why, but I always think it's so cool when people meet online. I know it's so common now but I still love it!

@aliciad224 The backdrop to your ceremony is breathtaking.

@sarah0985 That might be the best freakin' engagement story I've ever heard. 

• DH and I have been together for over 11 years now including two years of long distance. We got married nearly 4 years ago and went the small wedding route of about 50 people. I'm impressed by some of the large weddings here! 

As for babies... DD was let's go off the pill and see what happen. This one was I'll track my cycle, BD often during the fertile days and hope we get pregnant this cycle. We didn't want the two to be far apart in age. Fx this one will stick!

• Luckyu317Luckyu317 member
    edited September 2016
    My H and I have been together for 14.5 years, and married for 10. Our wedding was pretty awesome, but extremely hot (that's what we get for getting married in the middle of July). Highlight includes losing my keys (they were never found), and hitting up Walmart and Taco Bell after our reception. This is baby # 3, and was definitely planned. We got a bfp from our first Ivf cycle!
  • DH and I have known each other since high school.  We did our own thing (aka in horrible relationships) and ended up rekindling a couple of years ago.  We just got married in July.  We had our wedding in our backyard and it was luau theme.  We have been trying for 4 cycles.  This was baby was definitely planned as we started trying before the wedding : )
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• We have known each other since high school, and have been married 8 years. We were married in December and had a gorgeous church wedding on a cold winter day. 

This baby was very planned. 
  • So fun reading about all the different wedding styles :)

My husband and I have been together for 4 years. We just got married this May with a church ceremony followed by a reception at a vineyard in NH.  DH and I aren't very religious but we were both raised Catholic and it just felt right to do it that way - my grandparents and DH's mom were so happy about it. Plus the church was gorgeous! Our wedding was perfect IMO and everyone tells us how much fun they had (which I attribute mostly to the open bar! :D)

I stopped my birth control the week of our wedding and started tracking my fertile days as soon as my cycle regulated so baby was very much planned.
    BFP #1 9/2/16, MMC @ 8w5d, D&E 10/20/16
    BFP #2 12/17/16, EDD 8/26/17
    L born at 35+6 on 7/28/17 <3
  • MollyandDMollyandD member
    edited September 2016
    My husband and I met at a Halloween party in 2007. We started dating in the summer of 2008, got married in 2014, and started trying for a baby this summer. This is our second pregnancy, and we are hoping all goes well this time. 

We got married in a cute chapel in my home town. My husband's bandmates were part of the bridal party, as well as his brother and some close friends. My bridesmaids were good friends and family members. We had a laid back approach and let everyone wear whatever they wanted for comfort and financial reasons. 

Edited to add: this baby was planned over a year in advance.

• H and I have been together for 4 and married for 2. We were friends before we started dating. 

We we rented a huge beach house in the middle of the Caribbean and had close family and friends join us for a week. A local priest married us on the beach. We had our receptions (his family is out of state) a month later. 

TW- our loss earlier this year solidified for us that we want to be parents sooner than later.. So this pregnancy was planned!
  • My husband and I have been together for 7 years, just had our 3 year wedding anniversary a few weeks ago! 

We got married on a golf course, it was 75* in Aug in Chicago which was amazing!!! It was a rusticy wedding, mason jars and chalk boards. 

This was a planned baby!! I'm so excited. 
  • sarah0985sarah0985 member
    edited September 2016
    @hartmich thanks. My husband puts a lot of thought into things. A few people told him after, that he ruined everything for them because how could they compete. It was pretty awesome. We have pictures, ugly cry face included. Haha
    ETA. Thank you @slam1110
    @cubslove12 I've been meaning to ask you, are you a Cubs fan? Die-hard right here for the team. 

TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • @sarah0985 Yes I LOVE my CUBBIES!! I know you can't see it but in my picture my dog's bandanna is Cubs. My husband and I go to the games all the time. The day we officially became boyfriend and girlfriend was a Cubs vs Sox game :-) 
  • So good to have another huge fan here!!! I've already convinced my h to do a Cubs nursery. I don't care if it's a girl or a boy. Looking forward to October! Magic #9!!!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Husband and I have known each other for 11 years, but only been together for 7 of them due to a bit of an age gap as well. (He's 40, I'm 28.) I always had a crush on him though ;) 

We got married in a rock quarry and it waited to pour minutes after the ceremony! 

Our first baby took four months of ttc so this second unplanned one was quite a shock. I mean, we were about to start trying in a few months, so it def saves the trouble but... Man I really wanted a pumpkin beer this fall. Not to mention were moving homes next week and starting renovation on an old 1885 house. In the meantime, living with my mil is starting to sound like a nightmare. Did I mention no pumpkin beer?? 

• @Cubslove12 Noooo! Lol, huge Cards fan living in Chicago, about to move in with my MIL who lives a rock throw away from Wrigley. It's going to be a rough few months having to be in Wrigleyville while our home is renovated! ;)