TTC after 35

TWW: Sept 5-11

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! 

If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!
Me: 41
Husband: 40
TTC#1 since 9/2014
Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally

Re: TWW: Sept 5-11

• Happy Birthday @Momifbysea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That would be great if this sort of "well rested" cycle results in a BFP!  That makes total sense to me that it would.  And excellent BD!!!  I guess that is what you get when you are benched for several months.  

TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Today is 13 DPO/CD 27.  I use OPK, various vitamins, ate pineapple for 5 days post O/BD, and acupuncture.  AF is due in 4 days, and I have my usual "pre-AF cramps for a day" today, like I always do 4 days before AF.  We did our "best" but we only managed to BD twice in FW, so I'm not very hopeful.  I have managed to block out searching for symptoms, although there were a few moments over the past few days that I just simply felt weird for a minute or so...like spacey, like my head was floating.  And Monday I was tired all day.  I'm sure it's nothing....as usual.  And of course we are set to babysit the niece and nephew this Saturday, when AF is due (just what happened last cycle). Not a great combo.  I'll just be ultra down if AF comes and I'm sitting there loving on these cutie pies.  Life can be soooo cruel.  

Debbie Downer warning:

I'm getting pretty negative and I'm not going to hide it.  Which probably means I/we need to at least take a break.  I need a vacation from my body...from the roller coaster...cycle after cycle....from the BS of it all.  My back pain is back after a year which probably means more epidurals which means I have to plan it around not being pregnant because they use Xray to do it.  So taking a break is probably inevitable anyway.

TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • @jennh75b thanks for the birthday wishes! And I completely feel you on the need for a vacation from the cycle after cycle. I felt so much better after taking a break, even though at the start of the break I was totally freaking out about losing precious months. FX for you!
  • @Momifbysea happy birthday! Sounds like a good month over there. Fx for you!!!

@jennh75b I feel ya. Its CD 1 over here for me. Literally since a few hours ago. I am totally in your Debbie Downer boat. Hand me a paddle.

I need a break too. But I don't know how to mentally do it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Christina239 thanks for the happy birthday wish! I wish I knew how to mentally take a break. Mine was forced on me with my husband gone all summer for work so that worked out. I am sorry it is CD1 for you, it is so hard when we have our hopes up. My deal is I get so caught up in thinking and justifying every little cramp or feeling or pretty much anything and turn crazy during this time. And then getting AF and hopes down the drain. It SUCKS!!! I'm trying to wait until AF is overdue before testing this time, we'll see...
  • @Momifbysea - my problem is I keep telling myself I'm too old to take a break...that every month is like the last possible month I could possibly conceive.  I offered H to let us take a break this cycle but he said no, but I don't feel like he gave it his all, either.  Maybe this next month (if AF appears, that is, which I'm already getting spotting), then he might be more open to a break.  

@Christina239 - I'm so sorry for CD1.  Misery loves company, but not under these circumstances.  :(
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • @jennh75b yes, exactly! I tell myself the same thing. And at 42 I wonder if I already missed the boat. Trust me, if DH hadn't had to have been gone this summer there's no way anyone could've talked me into a break! No matter how exhausted and disheartening the process sometimes gets! I just took a trip over to lurk at the PG after 35 group and seeing some grads from here really cheered me up.
  • Hugs to all of you having tough TTC days.  I think it can be especially draining when you feel like you have such limited time.  I'm right there with you.  I'll be 43 next month, and I'm trying not to lose my effing mind over the fact that I'm not knocked up yet...

Also, happy birthday, @Momifbysea!!!
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Lurking from WTO....

@christina239 and @jennh75b the negativity is REAL! One of my co-workers, who is also a friend from school (so she knows me very well) came up to me on CD2 and was like, "dang, you are CRABBY today!" She knows we've been struggling with TTC so when I told her my period started she understood. I'm also still dreading seeing my former co-worker on Monday (she got pregnant on her first IVF cycle, no TTC, right to IVF, pregnancy announcement at 6 weeks). I totally resent her financial ability to just do IVF like it's nothing. We now have close friends who are TTC starting this month and the wife keeps telling me how excited she is for us to be pregnant together. (no pressure right?). I reserve the right to be crabby, and resentful, and emotional about TTC. It's something that most people take for granted, it's our purpose in life, so when it doesn't happen it SHOULD be devastating! ok rant over. 

@Jennh75b maybe just take a break from all the TTC "stuff". don't do the OPK or the speacial teas or foods or whatever else. Just enjoy being a couple for a month and focus on really reconnecting intimately? Maybe more for that purpose than for the sake of making a baby? 

Good luck to everyone in the TWW! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque  - thanks for the feedback, and yes, I was already contemplating taking some major steps back from the life of a TTC'er.  I'm not going to continue the clomid, and about the only thing TTC related I'm doing is continuing prenatals.  I don't even know if we're going to actually try this month...H will have to weigh in on that.   I'm also taking a break from posting here, as it does makes me focus on it more so than usual.  So if anyone wants to post the TWW thread each week, that would be great.

AF showed up this morning, right on time.  So I'm officially out.

Wishing lots of luck to @Momifbysea and all other TWW's!

TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • @jennh75b I'm really sorry to hear AF came. It never gets easier when we have our hopes up for this. I think @PoeMasque had a good suggestion to enjoy being a couple and take it from there. Until we see you back here you'll be in my t&p.
  • @jennh75b I don't mind posting the TWW thread while you're away. I'll get it going for this week. I wish you all the best while you take this time!