Baby Names
Options

Boy name opinion

We currently have 2 boys & a girl with our last kiddo, a boy, due next month. 
We'd like to use Jameson as a middle name, I'm just not certain it goes with the first names we like. 
Also, our dogs name is Camden which sounds a lot like one of the name choices. 
Last name ends with "more". 

Cameron Jameson 
Bracken Jameson

Thanks for your input! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Boy name opinion

• Options
    Where did you find the name Bracken? I've never heard it before and TBH I don't like it. It's kind of harsh. Cameron is nice but I don't love it with the MN and it might be a little confusing with the dog Camden. Are you open to other options?
  • Options
    Bracken like the ferns? That's really bad. 

Cameron is super close to your dogs name but way better. Are these the final two choices?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I kind of made up the name Bracken. After doing some research it seems as though it was a last name & is of Irish decent. It means fern or deep in the woods. We hunt etc. 
    We are open to other names, we just haven't found any we really like. We'd prefer to stay away from really popular names. 
    If we use Backen we'll probably call him "Brax" & "Cam" for Cameron. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What are your other kids names? Maybe we could give some more suggestions based on that that would pair with Jameson.

• Options
    I love the name Cameron, but it does sound odd with Jameson because of the "on" at the end of each but usually the names aren't said together on a regular basis. I have a Ryan Erin and I thought it sounded awkward at first but now that I've been saying it so long it sounds fine to me (especially when you put the last name with it, it rounds out just fine). Go with what you love. But I think Cameron is a solid choice. You could also call him CJ as a nickname which I love too.
  • Options
    Love Cameron but not with Jameson. Also, it is pretty close to the dog's name. Bracken sounds made up and as one PP said, harsh. I'd keep looking.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    emilyalso said:
    I like Cameron, but it sounds pretty similar to Jameson to me. What about Cameron James?

This
  • Options
    How about Brock? Has a kind of hard sound but is a well known name so no one will wonder where it came from.. and since it's short it flows well with a longer middle name.
  • Options
    bbiutmcph said:
    What are your other kids names? Maybe we could give some more suggestions based on that that would pair with Jameson.
    Their names are Gabriel "Gabe" Alton, Jaden McKinley & Alexander "Xander" Jonathan. All the middle names are past down from a family member. 
  • Options
    Alton is also a family name for me, and I LOVE it. and then my cousin stole it! Still thinking of using it as a middle name...lol
  • Options
    Cameron definitely pairs better. Love Gabriel! 

Maybe something like. I think a shorter fn or something with a fun nn works best

Reid Jameson
    Trent Jameson
    Ian Jameson
    Elliott Jameson
    Pierce Jameson
    Nolan Jameson
    Dean Jameson
    Rowan Jameson

Patrick Jameson nn Trick if you don't like Pat 
    Calvin Jameson nn Cal
    Oliver Jameson nn Ollie
    Henry Jameson nn Hank
    Warren Jameson nn Ren
    Marshall Jameson
    Russell Jameson nn Russ
    Dominic Jameson nn Nico or Dom

• Options
    I would leave Bracken where you found it. Nobody wants to be the kid with the made up name. 

All the ranks in 2015:
    Chase #74 
    Easton #78
    Miles #107
    Silas #129
    Bennett #153
    Beckett #218
    Brooks #232
    Archer #289
    Atlas #490
  • Options
    I think Jameson is a really strong name for a mn. I'm also not a fan of Bracken. I do like the pp suggestions of Wyatt, Forrester, and Archer. 
  • Options
    Cameron is way better.
    Suggestions; Ezekiel, Mathew, Jeremiah, Ian, Ethan, 
  • Options
    I like Cameron.  Bracken is too "out there" for me.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    LastMango said:
    Love Cameron but not with Jameson. Also, it is pretty close to the dog's name. Bracken sounds made up and as one PP said, harsh. I'd keep looking.
    Exactly this. Suggesting (consider repeats +1): Ezra, Micah, Miles, Skyler, Brooks, Beckett nn Beck, Reuben nn Ben, Ezekiel nn Zeke, Carter, Henry nn Hank
  • Options
    'Bracken' is a real word.  It means 'dense or unnecessary underbrush,' as in a blackberry thicket you can't get through, or field full of brown hay.  I think that it sounds like a manly name, and it also seems that many people don't know its meaning.  Some may find its connotations negative, but I think that you should realize that all names have their detractors, and every name will eventually be made fun of in the school yard.  Don't let that stop you from choosing a name that makes you happy.

• Options
    Do not like any of them
  • Options
    I would definitely choose Cameron if it is between Cameron and Bracken. Bracken sounds a lot like "bragging" (braggin') when said aloud. It also reminds me of brackish, like brackish water.