November 2015 Moms
Options

Period after baby

2»

Re: Period after baby

• Options
    I'm on the nursing pill and BF. Baby will be 5 months next week and no period.
  • Options
    So I got mine 7wks pp it lasted about 4 days, I only bled for maybe 2wks after baby was born.  My LO is 21wks and I haven't had another one yet!  I have already used like 3 or 4 pregnancy test....  EBF LO to.  Loving it but it's also scary, ️mommy of 4 does not want another :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AmoLovesAudAmoLovesAud member
    edited April 2016
    Almost 5 months and nothing.  EBF.  I bled for at least 6 or 7 weeks pp, and occasionally spot just a little every now and again.  Sounds dumb but I'd like it to come back, would bring back a sense of normalcy.
  • Options
    I'm resurrecting this thread in hopes of someone being in the same boat. BF didn't work out for us and at about 3 months PP I had to give it up. I got my first PP period in March and I have yet to get another one... I'm on CD 37. A few days ago I was having what felt like menstrual cramps and I was sure that I was getting my period, but the cramps are gone now and nothing, no period. I took a pregnancy test on Monday and it was negative so I don't think I'm pregnant. Is anyone else experiencing this or should I just follow the old "If you go 60 days without a period call your doctor" rule?
  • Options
    I'm resurrecting this thread in hopes of someone being in the same boat. BF didn't work out for us and at about 3 months PP I had to give it up. I got my first PP period in March and I have yet to get another one... I'm on CD 37. A few days ago I was having what felt like menstrual cramps and I was sure that I was getting my period, but the cramps are gone now and nothing, no period. I took a pregnancy test on Monday and it was negative so I don't think I'm pregnant. Is anyone else experiencing this or should I just follow the old "If you go 60 days without a period call your doctor" rule?

I have a very similar story.  This month I had cramps for a few days, then nothing for a few days, then cramps again and bleeding.  I have always had very irregular periods though.  Before this LO I was anywhere between 14 and 40 days between periods.  Your first few periods after baby can be different than the ones before. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    Thanks @VexedMommy I knew periods could be different, but this cycle is just taking forever! I hate being in high alert waiting for my period to start. Lol
  • Options
    Ahh well, we had a good run. 5 months 1 week pp got my period again. At least its a light one. Pretty crazy to think I hadn't missed a period since I was 11 and now I went over 14 months without one. 
  • Options
    24 wks pp, bf & pumping, got Morena (I know its spelled wrong but idk how to un-autocorrect!) @ 11wks pp & had some spotting & cramping with that for a couple weeks off & on, but no actual period yet & that's fine with me lol
  • Options
    LO is 22wks and EBF and i take the mini pill and no period still
  • Options
    Well @VexedMommy I took 2 more pregnancy tests today and they were both positive. So mystery officially solved.
    Congratulations 
  • Options
    GoogleMD said:
    Well @VexedMommy I took 2 more pregnancy tests today and they were both positive. So mystery officially solved.
    Congratulations 
    Thanks! I'm pretty much in shock, but I'm starting to realize it's a real thing and getting excited. We were talking about having another soon, but I kept waffling. Guess the decision was made for me lol
  • Options
    5 months PP EBF and nothing yet. I also got the Mirena. As much as I like not having a period it scares me at the same time. Any kind of indigestion I get in my lower belly I freak out and think it's kicking :D I've never had the Mirena before, only Niva Ring, which LO obviously beat lol Do any of you ladies take pregnancy tests every month to ease your minds? 
  • Options
    Ugh, I'm on Mirena and have STILL not stopped bleeding...three months in. I've probably had one or two handfuls of days with absolutely no bleeding or spotting. Gonna be calling doc soon...
  • Options
    Jtk13Jtk13 member
    21 weeks PP, EBF and not on BC. I missed my pp appointment and have been too lazy/busy to reschedule. I also HATE the pill, it makes me a crazy person. I haven't had a period but I take pregnancy tests every few weeks because I'm paranoid that I ovulated! 

• Options
    Anyone else's SO have pain with mirena? I got mine in early February and was waiting for it to "soften" before calling the doc. Probably will call this week. 
  • Options
    Anyone else's SO have pain with mirena? I got mine in early February and was waiting for it to "soften" before calling the doc. Probably will call this week. 
    MH said he thought he could feel something when I first had mine inserted. He said it felt like when a tag from your shirt is scratching you. I told my doc at my follow up, and she said the strings were a bit long, so she clipped them a bit shorter. She also prescribed me a dose of Premarin to help w the bleeding, but no dice. I've tried to give it time, but it's getting ridiculous. However, I have no desire to be pregnant again yet, so I'm wary of having it removed and changing forms of BC. Ugh. 
  • Options

Congratulations!!

If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    Resurrecting this thread.  Just got my first post-partum period, 9.5 months in.  Its caused my supply to tank, which is causing all sorts of lovely BFing issues (biting, fussing, up all night, we just got over a 3 day nursing strike).  I'm back to drinking nursing support tea & eating oatmeal every day, but anyone have any other tips?  Dr. Google tells me that this sort of thing is temporary, at least.
  • Options
    Resurrecting this thread.  Just got my first post-partum period, 9.5 months in.  Its caused my supply to tank, which is causing all sorts of lovely BFing issues (biting, fussing, up all night, we just got over a 3 day nursing strike).  I'm back to drinking nursing support tea & eating oatmeal every day, but anyone have any other tips?  Dr. Google tells me that this sort of thing is temporary, at least.
    I just got my first pp period two weeks ago and didn't notice a huge difference in my supply. When I was BF my DD my supply would tank each month so I would make oatmeal raisin cookies. Look online for a recipe that has Brewers yeast, flax seed and whole oats. Those ingredients really helped me. And my DH loved them too lol.