Pregnant after 35

September 2nd check in!

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling?

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)

do you know the gender(s) of your baby(ies)?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: 
do you have a pregnancy pet peeve or something someone did/said that made you shake your head? 

Me: 37
DH: 36
Married: 08-25-07
DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

Re: September 2nd check in!

• How far along are you?  11 weeks, 1 day

How are you feeling? exhausted but otherwise alright

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) go for an ultrasound next friday. super excited.

do you know the gender(s) of your baby(ies)? not yet 

Rants/Raves/Questions: none

GTKY: 
     do you have a pregnancy pet peeve or something someone did/said that made you shake your head? 
    when i gave birth to DS we were calling our friends and family to tell everyone. we were 'team green' so his gender was a surprise as was his name. well, one of dh's friends girlfriends decided to take it upon herself and post on my facebook page that i had a boy and what his name was. 
    I didn't know she did this, because i hadn't looked online or posted on FB yet by the time they had come to visit. she walked into my hospital room and very triumphantly and proudly announces that she announced the birth on facebook so i didnt have to. i seriously almost hulk smashed her face. 
    i politely didn't say anything but when i looked at my FB page, a bunch of my friends and family totally flamed her and it was awesome. 

• How far along are you? 11 weeks 

How are you feeling? Angry and irritated at everyone mostly. I thought the morning/all day sickness was gone because I didn't have any this week but it came back around Friday. My lower back hurts

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)  9/14 1st trimester screening and midwife on the 22nd I think. 

do you know the gender(s) of your baby(ies)? Not yet

Rants/Raves/Questions:  nothing now

GTKY: 
     do you have a pregnancy pet peeve or something someone did/said that made you shake your head? Our summer swim team rep is special. My son swims competively and we normally swim on a different team during the winter.  I can see that this is going to be a long year especially since my "I don't want to deal with stupidity" tolerance level is very short. 

• Loading the player...

• How far along are you? 16 weeks

How are you feeling? Fine and fat 

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) check in next Friday 

do you know the gender(s) of your baby? YESits a girl!

Rants/Raves/Questions: just worried about stress at work.  Trying to take frequent breaks and work slower than usual.  Giving more to my assistant.  

GTKY: 
  • congrats @CornchipLA ! I can't wait to find out the genders of our peas!

• Liss_37 when will you find out?!
  • I'm not sure! I opted out of genetic testing so I guess whenever I'm able to have an us between the 15-20 week mark!

• @Liss_37, twins! so exciting! 
    @CornchipLA , congrats on your girl! 
    @hisqueen78 ,  I hear you on the irritation level - although atleast I can use pregnancy as an excuse now ;)
     How far along are you?  5 weeks

How are you feeling?  tired, irritable, emotional, bloated, boobs sore

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)  f/u progesterone and hcg   12th and I pushed back my first appointment and ultrasound to Oct 4th till after a major exam (just in case)

do you know the gender(s) of your baby(ies)?  nope...can't wait for my bloodwork at first appt

GTKY:  do you have a pregnancy pet peeve or something someone did/said that made you shake your head?  My husband is being a total jerk about everything.  From the moment I told him I was pregnant to now, he has not once asked me how I'm feeling or even acknowledged I am pregnant.  I've tried to chalk it up to him just having the initial freak out even though we'd been trying for over 2 years but I'm just down right pissed right now. 
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Happyktmom I had the same thing! He never asked about it or me and how I was feeling nothing until about two weeks ago (12 weeks) he bought me a "preggatini" drinks book.  Then some foot massaging balls.   He asks how I'm feeling and says "I'll do that you're pregnant". I wonder if it just takes awhile to soak in.     5 weeks was tough. Your body is like wtf.  I was so tired all the time like I had been drugged. Hang in there sister!
  • How far along are you? 8w3d

How are you feeling?  Soooo tired.  Bloated.

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?). Just had first appointment yesterday - confirmed I am indeed knocked up and that baby's right where s/he should be (not ectopic) and on track size-wise. I really might not have otherwise known aside from the not having had a period in a couple of months and the tired.

do you know the gender(s) of your baby(ies)?
    Nope - we're trying to decide whether we want to know right away or to get a gambling pool or something going (which would of course have to be after we're telling people).  Going in for blood draws for NIPT in a couple of weeks, so have some time to decide.. Maybe we'll wait till 20-week anatomy scan since there's a chance we'd see something.

Rants/Raves/Questions:  I'm somewhat grateful that I've been able to divide my attention/distract myself between focusing on baby-making and house hunting.  This seller's market is kind of killing me though.

GTKY:  do you have a pregnancy pet peeve or something someone did/said that made you shake your head?  We just got married in June and lately people just come out and ask if I'm pregnant.  Granted, they know I'm nearly 39 and DH is 41 - I just wish I was a better liar!  At least over text I can just ignore the inquiries.
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @happyktmom. Yes it's going away slowly. One of my good friends who is the same age I am said she was the same way 2 years ago when she was pregnant. Anything that I knew would trigger a crazy episode I have to my husband to handle.