June 2016 Moms

Another baby?

Laur51615Laur51615 member
edited September 2016 in June 2016 Moms
Anyone else find themselves thinking they want another baby already or is that only me and my crazy hormones at the moment?  I mean overall we won't be trying for at least 1 year but I didn't think I would be having baby fever already when my d.s is only 3 months old.  Please talk some sense into me lol.

Edited to fix spelling 

Re: Another baby?

• Sorry no sense here either.  I am definitely feeling the baby fever, which is odd considering that a few short months ago, I was feeling never again.  We will be trying for baby #2 right after the New Year and I am feeling pretty excited.
  • I have no interest in having another, but my husband is saying that he wants a forth now. He is going to have to change his mind :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I really wanted to have babies super close together but with my husband going back to school it's not going to happen :( Our LO will be at least 2 when we have our next baby and that's the very least. I feel myself having two major conflicting feelings:

1. Wishing I accidentally got pregnant one of the two times we had unprotected sex.

2. Being SO thankful that I'm not pregnant and nauseous while Savannah requires so much time and attention (not to mention BFing because I really hope to make it to 1 year). I also wonder how in the world I will be able to give our next baby so much time and BF them if Savannah wasn't even able to walk yet or play by herself. 

Whenever I get baby fever or miss being pregnant I harp on #2 :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Well Im a mom of a 17 month year old toodler (girl) and my baby boy is now 12 weeks old. I love them with all my heart but its crazyyyy hahah and Im always tired. When Im breastfeeding she wants me to pick her up. When the baby is finally asleep she is slamming some toy around or just talking real loud. Sometimes she gets  jelous and starts crying exactly like the baby. Sometimes Im breastfeeding and shes over there just trying to climb something real dangerous or picking up something she isnt suppouse to be touching. Its beautiful but crazy at the same time. Also a toodler cant fully understand that the baby is eating, sleeping etc.

Also  I feel bad because sometimesI cant give my little girl the full atention that I used to give her and I feel like im missing some things. We were not trying and my little boy was a total surprise. I  would  had waited, in order for me to just fully dedicate my time and experience fully motherhood with my girl and then had my boy . I guess God had/has some other plans . :) 
  • DH wants another one about 18 months apart from our DS, however, I feel like until he gets it together and can become more involved in the care of the baby, I am not interested in another one yet.  It's a lot of work, and the excuse of "I am not a nurturer" and "when he gets older it will be easier for me" is ridiculous.  For him to think I am going to have another baby, and it be the same as this time, he is nuts!  I love kids and definitely want a second, but he needs to make up his mind that he will be much more helpful next time around in the early stages of baby's life.
  • We'll start trying as soon as it'a safe to get pregnant again. No choice here bc I'm older, it makes it harder but at least he choice is easier. I am from a big family so hopefully they will help me!
  • I think it's a hormone thing because around 4/6 months I've always gotten baby fever. I'm really happy we spaced this LO out more then the boys it was really hard being pregnant with a toddler and then having a 2 yr old and a baby is no joke. 
  • Nope, nope nope!! Happy to be done  :D
  • Nope!  I'm 100% one and done. My husband feels differently but it's not his choice. Haha. 
  • I have a little sister that is 18 months younger than me. Growing up (and as I started to think about my own family) I loved that age between us. I definitely wanted 2 under 2 when we were trying for baby 1. However, the first 3 weeks with DS I was crying to my husband telling him that I never wanted another baby again, this one is so much work, how will we ever take care of two kids let alone 2 young kids. 10 weeks later.... I'm thinking trying again around his first birthday wouldn't be so bad.

Can't help you with the baby fever right now though. I can't muster the energy for semi-regular sex, what with DS still waking up in the middle of the night and then being back at work all day, let alone the EOD scheduling and charting DH and I went through last summer.
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • If we have another one, we want to wait a few years. We both are 4yrs apart from our siblings and we like the sound of that for our family. The only hesitation is that my husband is older and even with Damien he was worried he was getting to be too old. There is a slight chance that if we did have another one, it would be sooner rather than later for that reason. Honestly, we're still feeling "one and done" at the moment so we're just leaving it at that for the time being.
  • We haven't even had sex since having her. ( 10weeks old) and while I was pregnant it was so uncomfortable after 6 months that we just stopped trying to do anything. I have no want for another one any time soon even though Lily is so easy and sleeps well, eats well. We plan to not try for another til she's about 2 so that they will be 3 years or so apart. My sister and I are 3 1/2 years apart and we were close but were far enough in age apart to have seperate friends. I want her to have a sibling but I want her to be old enough to enjoy having a little bro or sis.
  • Similar to @Lizbeth86, I'm a little older so I don't want to wait long. Plus I had always wanted two exactly a year apart. My husband and I were ready to start trying for #2 ASAP  until I found out that you're breastmilk can dry up while pregnant. So not trying until she hits her 6 month mark and then we will see what time brings us. For me, the closer in age the better. I hated being 4 years younger than my sister. Too far apart to have anything in common but too close in age for her to want to nurture me and find me cute rather than annoying.
  • Sorry it took me so long to reply it's been a whirl wind around here the third wonder week is no joke! I also had family in town from Sweden. 
    @rlbrooks84 you know I just talked to a friend about this and they said the same thing!

• Resurrecting this because I spent today on Nameberry and Babble and I must be crazy. Still nursing, still waking up several times a night, still no period… and starting to daydream about being pregnant again. Someone slap me
  • Resurrecting this because I spent today on Nameberry and Babble and I must be crazy. Still nursing, still waking up several times a night, still no period… and starting to daydream about being pregnant again. Someone slap me
    Same here, have we gone nuts?!?? I am constantly thinking about when I want another, what girls name would sound good with Savannah, etc. We won't be trying until DH gets another job (he went back to school in September) and I wish it would've sooner. I plan on getting pregnant the second he gets a job offer, hopefully he is on board! :p
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I'm with Tawny87. 
  • I could see myself pregnant again after Jackie turns 1. I really enjoyed being pregnant, but the roller coaster of the first couple months post partum were such a doozie. And I want to be able to enjoy the first year and all the other firsts that come with it.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Yeah we wanted 2 under 2 but since dealing with PPD idk if I even want another anymore.  Boo
  • Yeah we wanted 2 under 2 but since dealing with PPD idk if I even want another anymore.  Boo
    Just take a few years and see how it goes. With your Dr's involved they may be able to set you up for success if you decide to have another in the future.
  • I think if I did it all over again I would leave a larger gap between pregnancies. Having 2 1/2 yr olds with a baby is not for the weak. 
  • egirl1025 said:
    We have officially started trying for #2.  Crossing my fingers and everything else that can cross (except my legs) that the next one is as easy going a baby as Tristan.  I would have liked to wait a bit longer, but since I am already ancient according to the world of having babies, the sooner the better I figure.  I definitely worry about the increased chances of complications, chromosome disorders and autism.  Who knew 36 would feel so old!
    I'm in the same boat (older and don't have much time) but gosh I am not ready yet! Even before #2 is born, how am I going to get through the 1st trimester if I can't just come home from work and go to sleep?
  • Lizbeth86 said:
    egirl1025 said:
    We have officially started trying for #2.  Crossing my fingers and everything else that can cross (except my legs) that the next one is as easy going a baby as Tristan.  I would have liked to wait a bit longer, but since I am already ancient according to the world of having babies, the sooner the better I figure.  I definitely worry about the increased chances of complications, chromosome disorders and autism.  Who knew 36 would feel so old!
    I'm in the same boat (older and don't have much time) but gosh I am not ready yet! Even before #2 is born, how am I going to get through the 1st trimester if I can't just come home from work and go to sleep?
    My mom had me at 30, the second at 38, and the youngest at 41. Don't worry, there is still time : ). 
  • edited January 2017
    I'm still leaning towards 1 and done. We talk about if we did have another one, when would we want to have it and if we do, it would have to be sooner rather than later since my husband already feels he is too old (he turns 38 in april). We aren't setting anything in stone but yea, think Damien might be it for us.
  • khenry12 said:
    I just got a BFP yesterday. Still kind of in shock... We both wanted our kids to be close, but lo will only be 17 months when no. 2 is born. That is really, really close. Appointment scheduled for Monday for blood work and schedule an ultrasound. FX all is well.  
    Congrats on the news! I hope your appt goes well.  :)
  • Meanwhile I'm over here celebrating the fact that we are 1,000% one and done. Lol. 
  • khenry12 said:
    I just got a BFP yesterday. Still kind of in shock... We both wanted our kids to be close, but lo will only be 17 months when no. 2 is born. That is really, really close. Appointment scheduled for Monday for blood work and schedule an ultrasound. FX all is well.  
    Congrats and Good luck!!
  • khenry12 said:
    Congrats!!!
  • khenry12 said:
    Yay!! Congratulations! Keep us updated!!
  • On the above note, would anyone be interested in, say, a monthly TTC update? Basically just update on your timeline/plans to TTC, how TTC is going if you are, or how your next pregnancy is going once you get your BFP? We can keep up with each other that way without having to stalk the other BMBs or the TTGP board (quite as heavily at least, because I'm definitely a dirty lurker)
  • AmberLiz99AmberLiz99 member
    edited January 2017
    I went to my midwifes for my annual exam last week. I felt a tiny bit of nostalgia at never going through it again, and a huge flood of relief! Lol. 3 was the number for us 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't want another one, but right now I'm really sad Maya is 7 months, done breastfeeding, and not a little baby anymore :( Wish I could go back in time
  • On the above note, would anyone be interested in, say, a monthly TTC update? Basically just update on your timeline/plans to TTC, how TTC is going if you are, or how your next pregnancy is going once you get your BFP? We can keep up with each other that way without having to stalk the other BMBs or the TTGP board (quite as heavily at least, because I'm definitely a dirty lurker)
    I would love that!
  • I don't want another one, but right now I'm really sad Maya is 7 months, done breastfeeding, and not a little baby anymore :( Wish I could go back in time
    ^^THIS. I cried for an hour the other day looking at photos of Calvin in the early months.
  • DS is 2y7m and LO is 7m (she was born 1.5 weeks before his 2nd birthday).  It's tiring but we're settled into a good routine and I'm lucky that they're both pretty easy kids.  Two is a good number for me, and we're officially done with babies, but it's definitely a bit bittersweet when milestones pass because it's the last time I'll see them. I went through all their old baby clothes this weekend and it was pretty emotional for me. And I know I'll cry the last time I nurse LO. 
  • I'm still leaning towards 1 and done. We talk about if we did have another one, when would we want to have it and if we do, it would have to be sooner rather than later since my husband already feels he is too old (he turns 38 in april). We aren't setting anything in stone but yea, think Damien might be it for us.
    My husband is OLD. He's 43. I'm 36.
    Due to my severe PPD and anxiety, I'm deathly afraid of going through it all over again. I was such a hot mess after LO was born that the first 3-4 months, my husband took care of our LO the most. I just think I don't have what it takes to be a mom of a newborn. Plus, if I somehow did things right the second time around, it wouldn't be fair to my LO. I think I'd rather focus on LO at the moment and try to "catch up" where I failed.

I get sick of everyone saying it's so selfish to not want another one.