September 2016 Moms

Appointment thread - 8/29-9/2

post about all things appointment related here!
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Appointment thread - 8/29-9/2

• I had my 37wk appointment yesterday. Add me to club Group B Strep. Damn. Not a huge deal, but DS1 was born 10min after arriving to the birth center, so midwife and I agreed its highly unlikely I will have the 4hrs needed to get the antibiotics. They'll keep us for 48hrs instead of 24. Not ideal, but not that big of a deal. Otherwise all looked good! Baby needs to straighten out and drop a bit in there, but I'm working on it! And currently eating my dates and drinking my tea ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Appointment was totally uneventful,  nothing has changed I'm still 2cm, baby is still super low and engaged.
    Scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday in case he doesn't come before then so we can set up an induction.

I'm thankful for being able to carry a healthy baby to term but I'm also getting a little impatient lol.
    I want to go to my due date but after I thought I was in labor last week it's been harder to wait!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have an appointment Thursday. Should be pretty uneventful. I will receive my GBS results. Fingers crossed they are negative.
    DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
  • @Megan324 Are you being induced? Why was it your last appointment? Just curious since we share the same due date!
  • Had an appointment this afternoon. (I'm 36w3d)

Had give weight, a urine sample, they did fundal height (measuring on target), checked and baby is head down but still not engaged. Baby's heartbeat was 120 and mine was very good too. Did a cervical check and am a fingertip dilated and cervix is starting to thin out now. Went over some questions I had. Told I could experience a little light bleeding after the check - which I just noticed. 

Found out I'm GBS negative.

Next appt is next Friday with the other doctor at the practice just in case. Hoping I get my actual doctor when it's go time!
  • hejo2016 said:
    I had my 37wk appointment yesterday. Add me to club Group B Strep. Damn. Not a huge deal, but DS1 was born 10min after arriving to the birth center, so midwife and I agreed its highly unlikely I will have the 4hrs needed to get the antibiotics. They'll keep us for 48hrs instead of 24. Not ideal, but not that big of a deal. Otherwise all looked good! Baby needs to straighten out and drop a bit in there, but I'm working on it! And currently eating my dates and drinking my tea ;)
    May I ask what position your baby is in?  I found out at my appointment last week that mine's oblique and high up and I've been doing spinning babies religiously and not really getting anywhere.  What sort of things have you been doing to move your kiddo around?
  • Had my 37-week appointment today. 2.5 cm, 50% effaced, anddd officially on bed rest. Some blood work came back abnormal and apparently, I haven't been doing the best job of "relaxing" and "taking it easy." So now I'm set up with my computer and nothing but time. 
  • I am just having a crap day. Met with the diabetic nurse this morning and they just don't know what to do with me; I'm having random highs that don't always correspond with what I'm eating, so they don't feel comfortable prescribing insulin, but the highs are still concerning to them. No ketones or glucose in my urine so that's good, but still. I'm worried about the effect this is having on the baby.
    Saw my midwife right after, and just broke down into tears from stress, stress about money (my medical EI STILL hasn't come through, almost 2 months after I applied for it), about the baby, about just the general lack of knowing. Still feeling crappy and down. 
    NST right after my midwife appointment, went well, baby is moving and grooving, which made me happier. The nurse was super sweet because I started getting all weepy again and she just sat next to me and held my hand while I cried and gave me a big hug before I left. I've had her the last couple of times I've gone, she's this darling little Scottish lady. I hope she's there when I deliver. 
    I need a hug... and junk food. Lots and lots of junk food. Stupid diabetes....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry you're having such a rough day @yellowrose314 hoping it gets better from here. What a sweet nurse to sit with you and comfort you! It's nice to have support when you feel that way. *hugs* hope you feel better about it all soon!
  • @Sbrown721 it was my 39 week appointment I just had it at 38+4, but they don't make you schedule a 40 week appointment until they see how things are going at the 38 or 39 week appointment! 
    Things haven't changed so I had to schedule a 40 week appt.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Went in for my 38 week appointment (37 week and 3 days) and it was a waste. They apparently don't do growth scans to verify babies position or weight unless there is a reason which is a lie because I just had two friends be seen/deliver there within the last 4 weeks and they got one with normal pregnancies. Didn't get my GBS results, they still refuse to let me do my pre op paperwork until the day before my surgery which is still 15 days away. Never mind me repeating over and over that I have never carried a kid that long. They can't and won't do anything for the headache I have had for the last 6 days that doesn't involve knocking me out via Benedryl combo or narcotics, which I refused. They want to see me next week but don't have any appointments available and the cherry on top is they are going to cut through my placenta if it's in the way... What the literal hell!? I am of course pissed off at the world at their ignorance and my husband is about to knock my ass out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • @yellowrose314 <3 I'm sorry about your highs but I'm glad the NST went well.
    Hopefully things will either regulate or at least get a pattern so that you can get insulin or something!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @yellowrose314 Hang in there love, just know it's almost over and you wont have that worry hanging over your head! I'm sorry you had a poopy day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • @rfrazier611 the baby is head down, but almost diagonal. So when I walk, I can feel the head scraping against my inner hip bone on my right side. I've been doing spinning babies inversions, cat/cows with hip circles (basically wiggle your butt), knees to chest, and letting my belly "hang" (lean over a counter, chair, couch, whatever). About to bust out the exercise ball, but I know my 3 yrs old will be obsessed with it...
  • I had my 37 week appointment yesterday. Found out I was GBS negative. I am 1-1.5 cm dilated (although she said I could be more it's difficult to say exactly d/t some scar tissue ) and 75-80 percent effaced. I am starting to get very anxious about meeting our little guy! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 37W2d's. My doctor was called to L&D for someone else. Ultrasound showed she is still breech. NST was good, had a new nurse which made NST difficult and sat there longer than I would have had it been anyone else. 
  • RG1RG1 member
    Had my 38 week today! 2 cm dilated (could be more but the position made it difficult for him to tell), 80% effaced and baby is very low. NST was fine. Next week we do ultrasound and biophysical profile (which I don't know what that is - anyone?) and then OB appointment. Since I was having contractions while there, the doctor asked if I wanted to walk around to see if they progress before going home since I live an hour away. They haven't picked up today though :( He also said we'll see if I go into labour on my own before next appointments and if not, talk about induction since he doesn't want me going past my due date. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @RG1 -- for the biophysical profile, they'll just count certain things during the ultrasound. Baby needs to do a certain number of practice breaths and a certain number of movements in a set time. They will also measure your amniotic fluid and track baby's heart rate. They give baby a score out of 8 based on those factors. ;) I'm sure it'll go great!
  • I'm feeling a little bit frustrated after my appointment today, at 37+3, still at 2-3 cm and they didn't tell me if I was anymore effaced ( I was 50% last week ). My nst was good, no contractions though and I haven't noticed any at all so far.. do you have to be having contractions to be dilating?
    My fundal hight has measure big all along, but today I was measuring at 50! I don't know what to think of that..
    Due to health problems my doctor told me that they didn't want me going past 38 weeks , but I have to meet with the hospitals perinatologist before they set up a date to induce me, and due to a scheduling error on their part I won't be able to see them until next Wednesday, where I will already be past 38 weeks. I'm glad that Atleast my nst are coming back good , but it has been a frustrating day.. I'm sorry if this turned into a rant :/
  • @Lotsofpickles73 I don't tend to dilate until I'm in labor. With both of my other pregnancies, I was barely at 1 at my last appointment. My body just waits until labor starts to dilate. I'm 37 weeks this time and no contractions. You could be having contractions that you don't even notice, though, and those would be doing the job.
  • @pizzaandwine, thank you, I'm a ftm and am really uncertain of alot of the things going on with my body and often feel unsure about what I am feeling, I'm really hoping for more progress on my own hoping to not have to be induced, I will keep my fingers crossed that I could be having them and not noticing them
  • 38 week appointment today. In and out super quick. Fundal height, blood pressure, and weight all look good. CC shows I'm still only at 1/2 cm, so I guess all the aches I've been having are either non-progressive contractions or from sleeping poorly.  I am having brown spotting today, which I haven't had after any other CC, so maybe I'm at least softening up? Baby's heart rate is good and is found low and on my left. I'm hoping since that puts LO's heart on the left, it means LO is in anterior position.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Jabreen I hope LO is anterior and good things are happening. I'll see your "super quick" appointment and raise you "why did I even come today" - my last appointment was with one of the doctors I hadn't seen before, and she didn't even measure the fundal height!! She listened to the heartbeat and was all "okay, so, we'll see you in a week..." I had to stop her from leaving and say "Um, I have a few questions..." What the heck?! Maybe she had a hot date.
  • rfrazier611rfrazier611 member
    edited August 2016
    hejo2016  our situations are nearly identical!  Definitely bust out that exercise ball asap - as soon as I sat on mine for the 1st time yesterday, baby flipped perfectly head down and today's appointment confirmed it.  My 3 year old also has a hard time controlling himself when there is such a huge, awesome ball to play with, but he's trying his best to wait his turn :p .  Something else that has also been helping me is "Dip the Hip" on the spinning babies website.  Good luck!
  • Love reading what everyone is going through. I just had my 36 week at 35+6. I'm really hoping I don't show positive for the GBS. I haven't responded well to antibiotics in the past. 
    I was 1-2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. We are going to my husbands brothers wedding this weekend and it's 4.5 hours away. I'm so nervous and praying this baby stays in for another week. 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • @rfrazier611 good to know about the ball! Busting it out tonite, maybe hide it in the closet from the 3yr old, ha! Off to google hip the dip!
  • I went to my 36 week appointment today.  I had been looking forward to getting another peek at him on the ultrasound.  Unfortunately he is breech.  I had figured out months ago based on the movements I was feeling that he was lounging in there like he was on a hammock, but I thought he had finally moved.  He hasn't.  I am going to look into the spinning babies thing.  They talked to my husband and I about a version.  They are going to be in contact with us.  I really do not want a c-section.  I also was told my blood pressure is bordering on high, which would explain the increase in swelling.  Hopefully it will go down once I stop work, after this week. 

• @yellowrose314 Hang in there.  Baffling your doctors is never fun.  Pregnancy does weird things to people, and I can't imagine that you are alone in having odd blood sugar spikes.  I hope things go through soon for your Medical EI.
  • 36 week appointment today. Found out GBS negative! My BP was high for me but the doctor said since I have no other negative symptoms she just wants to keep an eye on it. 
  • @MrsVoorhees Or like the old folks saying "Oh, is that on the Youtube?" Ha.
    Yes!! Thank you!! My friend at work said yesterday, while talking about a psycho girl that posted a bunch of vague posts about her on Facebook, "she posted all of these Facebooks about me." It was completely by accident, but we have decided that's what we will call posts from now on.
  • Had my 36w yesterday at 36w2d.  The swab wasn't bad at all, from all the stabbing talk I was nervous lol. They also took my blood to check there isn't a reason behind the puppps, that part is less fun.  I did a super fast peek at baby and unsurprisingly he is still breech. My c-section is now scheduled for 39+2.  Only five days before due date but it feel sooo much closer now.  I'm going to try all the poses to get baby to flip but I'm very pessimistic about it. I just hope I don't go into labor, if I don't get a vbac what is the point of going through any contractions.  
  • I forgot to post about my appointment yesterday! Everything is looking good! Gained more weight than I wanted to this time, definitely going to cut back on the snacking because I don't want to have a ton to lose after baby. Didn't have to get GBS stabbed because she considers me positive since I've had strep throat twice this pregnancy.  Still measuring good and HB and BP are good! Starting weekly appointments now! The countdown is on :)
    Yes!! Thank you!! My friend at work said yesterday, while talking about a psycho girl that posted a bunch of vague posts about her on Facebook, "she posted all of these Facebooks about me." It was completely by accident, but we have decided that's what we will call posts from now on.
    This made me LOL. "All these Facebooks..." That's awesome!  :D