May 2016 Moms

Anyone hate breastfeeding?

It was painful at first and now it just feels really unpleasant. Kind of a disgusting feeling is the best way I can put it. I'm going back to work soon and will be pumping a lot anyway, and I'd actually be ok with exclusively pumping except that it takes so much more time, with washing bottles etc. Occasionally baby gets a good latch and then I don't mind it, but at least half the time it's a really gross feeling on my nipples. 

Re: Anyone hate breastfeeding?

• I know the gross feeling. I hate it. Sadly, I am back to being in pain...not sure what is worse. And my baby wants to nurse A LOT. Going back to work tomorrow though!
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Oh no! The pain is horrible, I'd rather have the gross feeling!
  • Loading the player...
  • When I went back to work I was so excited to stop breast feeding and pumping (no time to where I  work) and start bottle feeding. Unfortunately,  the grass only seemed to be greener on the other side. Buying the extra bottled water and going thru 1 can of formula every 2 days is really becoming expensive. I truly miss my one on one time with my little one too. As gross as the leaking milk, soiled bed sheets, and slobbery nipples were, I really wish I could have it all back. 
  • I really did hate it at first.  I had chapped, bleeding nipples, got mastitis in the 2nd month and generally, didn't feel like I was getting the hang of it.  Right before I went back to work, I finally felt like I was really doing better at it.  Going back to work and having to pump (I HATE PUMPING!!) during the day really made me miss it (and her, of course), so I pretty much nurse her for every feeding that she is not at daycare.  It's weird to say, but I actually enjoy it now!  I hope you eventually like it better and it becomes less unpleasant!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Try to see a lactation consultant or go to a breastfeeding group. That might help.
  • I didn't like it in the beginning and almost thought about giving it up. It was so uncomfortable that I would tense up any time he would latch. I would dread his next feed. I felt like it was sucking up so much time. Flash forward three months and I love it. I started back to work today and am pumping and I miss breastfeeding so much. I can't wait to get home and feed him. Once the pain stopped for me, it got so much better.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • I'm late to this and creeping from June, but maybe try a nipple shield? It would help with both the pain and the feeling
  • I've been EP since he was 5 weeks old. Bf was so stressful for all of us bc there were so many issues.  We did an lc for awhile, but it didn't help enough.  I was grossed out about bf before he was born,  so it doesn't surprise me this works out anyways.  I like to EP bc it's on my schedule not his.  I also had to go back to work after 6 weeks.  

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016