Options

Where is your newborn sleeping?

2»

Re: Where is your newborn sleeping?

• Options
    RNP or PNP. First time mom, so lets see how long that will last
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Probably crib. There is a twin bed in the baby's room that H or I can sleep in.  That way we can have our room be the refuge where whoever isn't getting up with him can get some good sleep. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bassinet in our room for at least the time I'm on maternity leave, then crib.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Planning for the Halo Bassinet by our bedside for awhile.  Beyond that, no clue. I worry about fires and other emergencies if I leave him in another room but don't wanna get baby used to co-sleeping.  
  • Options
    @ingoscj I wish we had our nursery already, I would totally put a twin bed in there and do that. I love the idea of keeping our bedroom a sanctuary!
  • Options
    I have the arms reach co sleeper, hoping that works out well for us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    BarrysBride05BarrysBride05 member
    edited August 2016
    If DD1 and she can tolerate one another's sleep, crib next to our bed for night and a bouncy seat during the day for naps. (We co-sleep with DD1 who is 3.5). If she wakes DD1 then we will take turn sleeping in full-sized bed in the girl's room with DD2 in crib. It also depends on if the girls' room is renovated (fingers crossed) by the time of her arrival. We did not have RNP at the time DD1 was born, so we may try that as well since she napped so well in it when she got older. It also depends on how pumping/nursing goes as well. We are all about what is safe and works for all. 
  • Options
    This guy right here was awesome for DD so we're going to start there and then try a side-car crib to our bed. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our PnP came with a bassinet so we're planning on using that in our room for a few months (although I can't for the life of me figure out if they sell sheets for it).
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DD slept in a pack in play bassinet in our room until she was sleeping through the night consistently, so that's the plan with this guy. We have a swing, bouncy seat, and bassinet so we have lots of daytime choices too.

@suzy311 Our PNP uses the same bottom/mattress for the bassinet attachment as it does for the PNP itself, so standard PNP sheets fit well for us. Not sure if it's the same for you, but it might be worth looking into.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    In bed with me or Rock n Play next to the bed for the first 6-9 months. This DD and my current youngest will share a room so we'll have to transition slowly.

Baby 1 - 10/2010 | Baby 2 - 8/2012 | Baby 3 - 6/2014 | Baby 4 - EDD 8/2016 - MC 12-27-2015 | Baby 5 - : 9/2016

• Options
    @Kaytee1087 Thanks for the tip! We're setting it up this weekend, so hopefully that's the case!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Originally I wanted to put the baby in a crib in his nursery, but our prenatal class said sleeping in the same room for the first few months reduces SIDDS by 50% (granted they don't know what causes SIDDS so I can only assume they feel you would be closer to respond when you hear them stop making noises).  Anyways this was enough to freak hubby out so LO will be in a bassinet in our room.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Michi1382 Those things are magic! That's the only thing LO would sleep in that wasn't our arms or on our chests when he was a newborn. I love that it's elevated too, LO had respiratory problems when he was itty-bitty and him laying flat in his bassinet just didn't work well for him at all.
  • Options
    suzy311  I thought that same thing with our first.  We have a small PNP that's similar to a bassinet size and were able to find sheets Babies R Us - I know each one is different but at our current store the bassinet sheets are located near the covers for the diaper changing pads. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @allison.smith.6212 Good call! I looked by crib sheets in our BRU and didn't see anything - I'll check by changing pad covers. Thanks!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @AllyTheKid I agree! This thing was amazing. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @LauraPCOS That's what they told us too! We originally planned to have Bean sleep in their crib from day one, but that info has me paranoid so now we're reworking our arrangements.