D.C. Area Babies

Inova Fairfax Women's Hospital?

Does anyone have experience with the new Women's Hospital at Inova Fairfax? 

I'm between them and Virginia Hospital Center - where my current OBGYN group (that I'm not super happy with and am thinking about leaving) delivers. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Inova Fairfax Women's Hospital?

• I'm currently with this hospital even though I live in MD. Everyone is very nice and I've been pleased with the service! When I have appointments I never have a long waiting time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I delivered there last month and have no complaints. I did the tour beforehand and have to say that the rooms they show on the tour for delivery and recovery are a bit nicer than the rooms I actually got but still nice nonetheless. The workers are the stars though and I think that's the most important (aside from the facility being equipped with the only area level 4 NICU). When you deliver, there will be people coming to your room literally every hour like food service, cleaners, pediatricians, insurance, nurses, etc. All of those people were SO nice and courteous. I think the hospital makes it a point to ensure everyone is kind to you because they follow up after you leave to ask how your experience was. Since the nurses are caring for you for the most part, you want them to be pleasant and every nurse at this hospital that we encountered (which accounting for shift changes, was a lot - we were there for over 3 days) was super nice and they responded very quickly when we called for them as well. 

Also, the food isn't terrible either.

Good luck!

Me - 33, DH - 33
    Married - May 2014
    DH - Low Count/Motility/Morph - Varicocele vein x 2 - surgery (8/11) - success!
    BFP - 10/10/15, EDD - 6/20/16 - It's a BOY!
    Baby #1 - 6/29/16 - Lucas Christopher, 10 lbs 3 oz, 22.25 inches
    Baby #2 - TTC May 2017
    BFP - 9/10/17, EDD - 5/26/18 - It's a GIRL! - RCS May 22nd

My Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • satuttle1014satuttle1014 member
    edited August 2016
    I know a lot of people who have delivered there and had a great experience. My OB is at the Virginia Hospital Center too and I delivered there. I have a great experience at the Virginia Hospital Center. Sorry your current OB isn't the best for you, hopefully you are able to find someone else that works for you. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @satuttle1014 Would you tell me more about your VHC experience? Did you have a doula? How was the VHC staff? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I delivered at the old one in January, but the staff was wonderful.  Based on the tour I took of the new one, it looks nice
  • I delivered my 2nd child there back in 2011 and had a pleasant experience! My nurses were amazing! Ask for a corner L&D room, they're the biggest ones! 
  • @sunshine507 I did not a doula. I have had family members use that hospital for other operations so I knew it was good. I did a hospital tour so I had an idea of what to expect the day of. I liked how clean everything was lol The staff was amazing. Super friendly, attentive and really knew their stuff. Honestly I would be sad if I had to move because I enjoyed my experience there. If I ever move around the DC area, I will make the trip to that hospital. My OB was also located on the hospitals property so naturally I delivered at VHC. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't deliver there, but DS had to stay in the PICU in the Children's side of the hospital for a while. The staff was phenomenal and the hospital is gorgeous. I wish my OB delivered there; I would love to have baby #2 there.