August 2016 Moms
Options

C section support thread - Week of 8/15

2»

Re: C section support thread - Week of 8/15

• Options
    kwilliams3402kwilliams3402 member
    edited August 2016
    Sitting in the ER after 24 hours of heavy bleeding. They did blood work and a sonogram and my uterus lining is still super thick, my uterus is full of blood, and it looks like there is some tissue left. We'll be doing a D&C this afternoon. The good news is that while I am anemic, it's not blood transfusion level.

The moral of the story is that if you have a sudden uptick in bleeding postpartum, get it checked out.
  • Options
    Sitting in the ER after 24 hours of heavy bleeding. They did blood work and a sonogram and my uterus lining is still super thick, my uterus is full of blood, and it looks like there is some tissue left. We'll be doing a D&C this afternoon. The good news is that while I am anemic, it's not blood transfusion level.

The moral of the story is that if you have a sudden uptick in bleeding postpartum, get it checked out.
    Sending good thoughts your way for recovery
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @liljabee Wishing you a speedy recovery! I'm 17 days pp and have now had 2 random days of heavy dark red bleeding, both this afternoon and earlier on day 15. I had previously stopped bleeding around day 13, and had gone through the whole color spectrum since C. red-pink-brwn- normal discharge etc. So no idea now whats going on.  Today I didn't do much, just bf and napped amap. I read somewhere that doing too much can spark new bleeding? If it continues tomor I'll be calling my OB. Not painful today, other than normal incision aches. On day 15 though there was definitely a Huge rolling cramp right before bleeding. 
  • Options
    lblu43 said:
    @liljabee Wishing you a speedy recovery! I'm 17 days pp and have now had 2 random days of heavy dark red bleeding, both this afternoon and earlier on day 15. I had previously stopped bleeding around day 13, and had gone through the whole color spectrum since C. red-pink-brwn- normal discharge etc. So no idea now whats going on.  Today I didn't do much, just bf and napped amap. I read somewhere that doing too much can spark new bleeding? If it continues tomor I'll be calling my OB. Not painful today, other than normal incision aches. On day 15 though there was definitely a Huge rolling cramp right before bleeding. 
    Definitely call your doctor--better safe than sorry. Prayers that all is well for you and it's just another weird post-partum thing.

If it makes you feel any better, my doctor said my full uterus and bleeding was super rare and she was quite befuddled about what happened. The Internet is full of far more stories of this type of one-time spike in postpartum bleeding brunt nothing to worry about at all.
  • Options
    @lblu43 I had that happen with ds1. I did too much and bled a lot for the next day or so. But if it continues definitely get it checked out.