February 2017 Moms
Options

Early movements anyone?!

2»

Re: Early movements anyone?!

• Options
    I can feel the baby stretching every once in a while. I only know that it is baby and not growing pains because at my last ultrasound, we saw the baby moving alot, and as soon as the baby started stretching out really hard I got a different type of feeling in my uterus. I only get that feeling every once in a while, and my growing pains are more in my belly and one sided near my hips. No flutters just yet, but I am just shy of 13 weeks so I have some time for that.
    (I am also part of the mittleschmerz club lol)  
  • Options
    Anyone ever et a little lump in your lower abdomen? I have one that comes and goes, mostly in the same place, and I do feel some teeny thumps when I put my hand directly on it. This is new as of the last few days, and I'm 15w 5d. My doctor had to chase her around with the doppler at my last appointment (14w 2d) and was surprised I hadn't felt any movement yet. 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started feeling movement, little "flutters", around 9 weeks. It's a lot earlier than my first two.
  • Options
    I was all excited because I started feeling what was Definetly movements from the baby a few days ago for several days and now... Nothing. Not helping with my mood and not helping in the reassurance dept either. 
  • Options
    heatherbunn24heatherbunn24 member
    edited August 2016
    I'm 16 weeks and I don't think I've  felt anything yet! Definite gas bubbles but nothing else.
  • Options
    I'm clearly in the minority here, but I didn't enjoy fetal movement. 
    Of course I'm happy that baby is growing and moving, but it always reminded me of that scene in Alien when the alien baby rips through the stomach of that person. 
    I'm happy to wait until much later to feel it! 
  • Options
    Hahahaha @Vastra I've definitely felt tiny lumps.... but I'm 99% sure they all ended up just being terd nuggets! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    even though this is my first pregnancy & i havnt actually felt any movement yet, im with @Gingersnap in that im glad that the baby is growing & moving but im really not looking forward to this & think it will just freak me out all the time.
  • Options
    I'll be 14w tomorrow and am getting more and more confident that I'm feeling the baby. Only when I'm laying really quietly and can concentrate, though. With my first I believe it was 17w. 
  • Options
    Hahahaha @Vastra I've definitely felt tiny lumps.... but I'm 99% sure they all ended up just being terd nuggets! 

• Options
    Probably better for Thursday but the movements are my favorite part about being pregnant. My daughter had such soft movements that she drove me crazy because I barely could feel her. Whereas her brother was using my stomach as a mosh pit and I had no questions of his movements. I'm praying for another big baby that goes crazy again. It just gives me so much piece of mind. I'll take the aches and pains because the kid I got from it was so worth it.:)

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
  • Options
    Probably better for Thursday but the movements are my favorite part about being pregnant. My daughter had such soft movements that she drove me crazy because I barely could feel her. Whereas her brother was using my stomach as a mosh pit and I had no questions of his movements. I'm praying for another big baby that goes crazy again. It just gives me so much piece of mind. I'll take the aches and pains because the kid I got from it was so worth it.:)
    Well, yeah. I mean, I think all of us feel that way. 
  • Options
    I'm 13+3 and definitely felt something very foreign today.  I figure it's way too early so I was worried something is wrong.  
  • Options
    But really CUTE terd nuggets, right?
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Options
    Well, yeah. I mean, I think all of us feel that way. 
    I know. I was speaking of my experiences and which one I would rather have again. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
  • Options
    @Gingersnap I get where you're coming from.  I enjoy the early movements, but when the baby gets bigger and it feels like they're trying to bust out of my stomach I'm not a big fan.  I would even go so far as to say it can even hurt when they get bigger.

• Options
    At my NT scan they said placenta position also effects how strongly you feel the baby....posterior placement (back wall of uterus) make it easier to feel the baby move and the kicks will be much stronger, and some babies are more active than others. Every woman and baby is different
  • Options
    I started feeling super slight flutters around 14weeks with DD. Started at 12weeks this time. Can't wait for full on kicks to start. Best part of pregnancy!
  • Options
    @Gingersnap I get where you're coming from.  I enjoy the early movements, but when the baby gets bigger and it feels like they're trying to bust out of my stomach I'm not a big fan.  I would even go so far as to say it can even hurt when they get bigger.
    Oh it does. DD would push out against one side and it felt like my ribs were about to pop out (not possible obv). It's not a fantastic feeling once it gets later on in the pregnancy. Only reason I like it is because of the peace of mind it gives me, because it definitely freaks me out a bit. My body shouldn't be moving unless I'm telling it to :wink:
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options

Visible baby movements freak me the hell out. My friend posted a video of her baby moving around in her belly and I was like:

Just wait until you see a fucking foot protruding from the side of your stomach! 
  • Options
    Lol I bet first time moms are getting scared. But seriously it can hurt.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kswiger06 said:
    Lol I bet first time moms are getting scared. But seriously it can hurt.
    Yup! Probably one of the things I am most unprepared for
  • Options
    Just read parts of this to DH, he's also a bit freaked out! They make it seem so pleasant in stories...
  • Options
    @Patience7150 I never had any weird alien things happening or feet protruding, the movements were all pretty cool to feel and see. Tell him not to worry! 
  • Options
    Dude, speaking of hurt, my kid wedged her head so far down my uterus that I felt like she was going to fall out. The pressure was unbearable. 
  • Options
    I love the strong baby movements that come later. (And I also found some really painful) I knew I would miss it so I recorded some of my daughter's big movements. It's kind of creepy to watch but a nice memory. I can certainly understand not liking that part of pregnancy.

• Options
    Lol @Patience7150 FWIW my experiences last time around were all pleasant. Not painful, no creepy discernable body parts...
  • Options
    With my son I felt "gas like flutters" at 18 weeks and convinced myself I wasn't that gassy so it must have been him.  Now I'm feeling the same flutters starting middle of week 15.  I forgot how cool it is.  I do have to be laying still to feel her though

Mom of one adorable little boy and excited to do this again.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am 16 weeks today. I thought I felt something, but realized it was just my stomach growling. I haven't felt anything. Should I be worried?
  • Options
    @MedicMomma84 Don't worry! I didn't feel movements until later than that with my first, my SIL didn't feel any til around 20 weeks. I still don't with my second and I'm 15 weeks. Depending where your placenta is could also affect how soon you feel it. 
  • Options
    @MedicMomma84 Like @homemake said, I wouldn't be worried. I didn't feel anything until 20w with my first and this one has only really been a couple of times. Nothing with any sort of regularity. I love once you start feeling them though because even though it feels kind of creepy, you KNOW they're ok in there. I hate the first 20w so much because you don't have that sort of reassurance.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options
    I'm sorry to zombie this.... but, I think I may be feeling something?!? A few days ago, I woke up to roll over, and  mid-roll I felt kind of a tiny tap. It was very low, centered to the front of my stomach. I've obviously felt gas and stretching pains, but those are usually on the sides and last longer. I kind of brushed it off, because surely I'm not feeling baby this early, right?

Then today, at 15 weeks, TWICE I have felt what seems like some sort of gymnastic flip! Same spot - front and center, low and right where I've been finding baby's HB on the doppler. Is this even possibly the Gummy Lizard? I'm a FTM, and everyone keeps describing it as bubbles or flutters.... These are not fluttery at all. Now I'm wondering if my child is a ninja or has a temper. :grimace:
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl it very well could be your baby! I felt my baby last week and the feeling is hard to describe but the best way I could describe it is a "flutter." So don't go necessarily by how other people describe it.  It's a strange feeling and I can't seem to find the right words to describe it. 

• Options
    @AfKash You are right! It is very hard to describe. The first time I felt it, all I could say to DH was, something just moved in my stomach and it wasn't me. Or gas.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    It kind of reminds me of when your stomach does that weird flip when you go fast over a hill or are on a roller coaster. Except there's no reason for it and it makes you feel like your body is inhabited by an alien. It always scares me now because at this point it's so random and unexpected. I actually felt them a tiny bit last night and today.