February 2016 Moms
Options

Favorite baby food

2»

Re: Favorite baby food

• Options
    @Tsearfoss Right now he's getting 1 oz veggie or fruit puree for dinner (along with his bottle) and also getting lunchtime 1 oz puree at day care. I wasn't going to give him purees at lunch but my day care provider is part of a gov't food program that requires they start feeding solids as soon as they get them at home. I'm sure he's like breakfast too, but I only have time for his bottle before we leave for work/day care. 

He would gladly eat more than 1 oz at a time but I want to make sure that he's getting most of his calories from formula and breastmilk. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Nope, I lied. The baby food is 2.5 oz  not 1.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tsearfoss said:
    How many times a day do your babies get solids?right now we are doing breakfast and dinner but he wants to eat so quickly and finishes 2jars in under 10minutes!I'm wondering if I should add lunch or wait till 9 months like they recomend.he still nurses every 2 1/2-3hours as well except at night he  nurses at930 sleeps till about 1and wakes up to nurse then sleeps till530 when he wakes to nurse again 
    We just started yesterday.  But pedi had same guidelines as with DD1.  They were

breakfast- 2oz cereal and 2oz fruit

bottle/nurse 

lunch - 2oz meat and 2 oz veg

bottle/nurse

dinner - 2 oz meat and 2 oz fruit or veg

bottle/nurse

Each "meal" could include 1-2 oz of diluted apple or white grape juice.

It worked for us then so we'll see how it goes with thIs one.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @GrayGoose23 are you in the US? I'm very surprised to see the recommendation for juice at this age. The papers from my doctor said no non-breastmilk/formula fluids until after a year (unless special circumstances, like constipation), and with DD1, he recommended juice not be a part of her regular routine, even after a year. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @VitaLuna
    My kidsme feeder came yesterday, he loves it. Thanks so much for sharing! Will be great for going out and eating too
  • Options
    Our Dr said no juice till around 9 months!!liams eatting 1to 2jars (second stage at breakfast and dinner 2jars and a teething biscuit /cookie.I've tried adding lunch he doesn't seem to want it.I add oatmeal to his breakfast or rice cereal but oatmeal has been making him constipated so we cut back for a few days
  • Options
    Tsearfoss said:
    Our Dr said no juice till around 9 months!!liams eatting 1to 2jars (second stage at breakfast and dinner 2jars and a teething biscuit /cookie.I've tried adding lunch he doesn't seem to want it.I add oatmeal to his breakfast or rice cereal but oatmeal has been making him constipated so we cut back for a few days
    I'm curious how long have you been giving your LO solids? I have been trying off and on for the last monthish and LO is still only taking maybe a tablespoon or a couple tablespoons (on a good day). I know it's just for fun and learning now but I can't seem to get LO interested in the purees. I think maybe we should try that feeder and see how he does trying to feed himself (I'm too nervous for BLW). 
  • Options
    lilqt3929 said:
    I'm curious how long have you been giving your LO solids? I have been trying off and on for the last monthish and LO is still only taking maybe a tablespoon or a couple tablespoons (on a good day). I know it's just for fun and learning now but I can't seem to get LO interested in the purees. I think maybe we should try that feeder and see how he does trying to feed himself (I'm too nervous for BLW). 
    Harrison has been on solids since he was 4 months. He hasn't found anything he doesn't like yet. He loves watermelon! I haven't given him any that is small enough for him to pick up, though, he just sucks on a big piece.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    He's been on solids since 4months(he'll be 6months on the 25th)he's starting  to want more crunchie type stuff more (Gerber puffs rice cookie )so I'm wondering if I should go to stage 3foods and see if he likes it.before I started solids he would grab for our food,smack his lips when we were eatting and watch our food from plate to mouth.my oldest child didn't start solids till61/2months and quickly went to finger foods.my middle son started solids at 5 1/2months so every baby's is different ")
  • Options
    I'm nervous he'll choke on finger foods just yet to")
  • Options
    We just tried pureed blueberries and LO ate them but kept making a sour face. I had some in my yogurt later, and they were pretty tart - guess that's why. :)
  • Options
    Tsearfoss said:
    He's been on solids since 4months(he'll be 6months on the 25th)he's starting  to want more crunchie type stuff more (Gerber puffs rice cookie )so I'm wondering if I should go to stage 3foods and see if he likes it.before I started solids he would grab for our food,smack his lips when we were eatting and watch our food from plate to mouth.my oldest child didn't start solids till61/2months and quickly went to finger foods.my middle son started solids at 5 1/2months so every baby's is different ")
    Harrison is at the point he gets mad if we're eating and he's not!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @VitaLuna We got our kidsme feeder and it's great! I keep forgetting to bring it with me when we eat out. But I put frozen strawberries in it when he needs to chew and it works wonderfully!

• Options
    jarob747jarob747 member
    edited August 2016
    Oh yeah... frozen blueberries in the kidsme feeder is a huge hit :smiley: 
    Oatmeal with bananas and prunes mixed with breastmilk is his favorite 
  • Options
    We started on food at 5 months because Brynn was fussing,  screaming,  or grabbing at our food everything we ate. Her faves so far are Avocado/banana, butternut squash/banana with a little cinnamon added. She absolutely hated peas but lives them if we mix with carrots or peas, carrots,  and a meat.  She also loved zucchini. I mostly make all her food, but do buy some pre-made, usually beech-nut stage 1 because it has pretty much no additives.